spins a web any size!
Reaction score
opinions please.

I've missed out two options.
Completely in the present on Asgard.
Completely in the past on Midgard.
Doh!

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter to me. Thor's got the potential to be great no matter where or when the movie is set. He's always been an incredibly versatile character in the comics.

For an introduction to the character, which I suspect the movie will be for a lot of people, I'd say go with the story of his banishment from Asgard, which would be Asgard during whatever era you want (since Asgard never changes much) and present-day Earth.

I'd like to see it take place in the past, including bits of both Midgard and Asgard, and let us see how the people of Asgard were influential on the people of Midgard. If you've read the epic poem Beowulf, I see a lot of that sort of imagery carrying over into the Thor film. With snow. For some reason when I imagine a cinematic version of Thor, I always imagine a lot of snow.

And as a side note, I want to see a lot of wood and fur motifs throughout the production and costume design. Let the audience believe that these guys inspired the vikings.

I hope we see a lot of fur as well. The current Thor artist has integrated fur into almost all of his redesigns for the Asgardians. That should carry over into the film because, as much as I love Kirby and Simonson, most of the Asgardians look a lot better now than they ever did before.

I really just can't see the original Thor costume carrying over to celluloid all that well.

The leaked script had almost nothing on present-day Earth, as I understand it, so 30% is more in the present. :huh:

sorry, i read this in allociné "Thor: Donald Blake won’t appear, but the film will take place more on contemporary Earth than Viking times" but it was before chris designed in thor.

http://www.ecranlarge.com/article-details-12165.php

"Quant au film Thor il se déroulera essentiellement à notre époque et très peu au temps des Vikings"

I think they try to lead people by boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"