Thor's Alive!!

Megatallica

Civilian
Reaction score
Maybe the NA for the troops 2, was a spoiler and i was right, thor is coming back,if you read FF 537, its all the proof i need, i recon hes got a main role in the civil war, cause why would marvel put him in a civil war prelude, lol but its funny, in 2 comics they managed to bring back 2 ppl, thor and dr doom, thats marvel for you........wonder when peonix will rise (yet again) :p

Your thoughts...

if he comes back...he's gonna be a lot weaker without his hammer.

#3 pretty much gave it away with it's lightning bolt cover and the solicit.Even before we got the solicit,it was obvious.

It was also given away by seeing Don Blake hop onto a bus bound for Oklahoma.

I hope Thor comes back in a big way! Is he supposed to come back in Civil War or the current FF arc?

Roughneck said:
It was also given away by seeing Don Blake hop onto a bus bound for Oklahoma.
Except that Don Blake hasn't been connected with Thor in any way since the '80s...

Still, he may have been reborn as a human, and became Don Blake.

Don Blake's already a human who existed long before Thor ever went by the name. Being reborn as a human would also be just about the worst thing I can think of for my enjoying that Thor story, too.

Well then jake Olsen stole Don Blakes Backpack....or it was a DoomBot.

Don Blake is gonna become the new Thor. He'll be weaker. But he'll be Thor and Don Blake.

Don Blake was the real Thor when he was a good character.

- Whirly

TheCorpulent1 said:
Don Blake's already a human who existed long before Thor ever went by the name.

Really? I thought it was just an identity that Odin fabricated.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Being reborn as a human would also be just about the worst thing I can think of for my enjoying that Thor story, too.

Well, it could be about him regaining his godhood.

I hope he can join the New Avengers. I always thought Thor was an excellent addition to the Avengers.

Optic Rage said:
NOT if he still has the Rune Magic and/or the Odinforce!!

TheCorpulent1 said:
Except that Don Blake hasn't been connected with Thor in any way since the '80s...
It's still the alter ego most commonly associated with him, though.

Optic Rage said:

Cough-cough, storm doesn't-cough,cough- need a -cough- hammer

Harlekin said:
It's still the alter ego most commonly associated with him, though.

Agreed

javon said:
Cough-cough, storm doesn't-cough,cough- need a -cough- hammer

Storm can't open interdimensional portals etc.

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
Don Blake was the real Thor when he was a good character.

- Whirly
Yeah, because Simonson's entire run was just trash. Not even worth mentioning, really.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, because Simonson's entire run was just trash. Not even worth mentioning, really.

Agreed Bullfrog Thor was the low point and Simonson then introduced that very stupid character "Space Alien Horseface Thundergod Bill" wtf.

- Whirly

The Question said:
Really? I thought it was just an identity that Odin fabricated.
It was revealed that Odin actually placed Thor's consciousness into the real Don Blake's body, then whisked Blake away the moment he first transformed back into Thor. Thor subconsciously created new Don Blake bodies for himself whenever he changed back after that point. Personally, I prefer the older explanation that Odin modeled a human body on Keith Kincaid, magically created the identity of Donald Blake for it, and magically changed Thor into that new identity. I don't like the idea of Blake as a separate human being. But, alas, it's canon. Not that anyone at Marvel remembers, I'm sure.
Well, it could be about him regaining his godhood.
It still doesn't really make sense for him to be in a Don Blake body again, though. The only reason I can think of for that would be Thor subconsciously used the Odinpower to change his body into one that resembled Don Blake's. Maybe because it represented a simpler time for him or something. But that'd just leave him as Thor in Don Blake's body. The Odinpower would still be with him because without Asgard, it doesn't have any place else to go.

Whirlysplat said:
Agreed Bullfrog Thor was the low point and Simonson then introduced that very stupid character "Space Alien Horseface Thundergod Bill" wtf.

- Whirly
Wow, you really have no appreciation for Thor at all. To each his own, though.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Wow, you really have no appreciation for Thor at all. To each his own, though.

I think the run up to and Thor 300 and 301 were greatest. Other faves include The Crusader issues, The Rigellians etc. You can keep the casket off ancient winters and Simonsen as far as I am concerned. As you say though to each his own.

- Whirly

TheCorpulent1 said:
It was revealed that Odin actually placed Thor's consciousness into the real Don Blake's body, then whisked Blake away the moment he first transformed back into Thor. Thor subconsciously created new Don Blake bodies for himself whenever he changed back after that point. Personally, I prefer the older explanation that Odin modeled a human body on Keith Kincaid, magically created the identity of Donald Blake for it, and magically changed Thor into that new identity. I don't like the idea of Blake as a separate human being. But, alas, it's canon. Not that anyone at Marvel remembers, I'm sure.

It still doesn't really make sense for him to be in a Don Blake body again, though. The only reason I can think of for that would be Thor subconsciously used the Odinpower to change his body into one that resembled Don Blake's. Maybe because it represented a simpler time for him or something. But that'd just leave him as Thor in Don Blake's body. The Odinpower would still be with him because without Asgard, it doesn't have any place else to go.

I agree-when they bring Thor back, he needs to be majorly powerful. Especially with Sentry around. If he has the Odinpower, then he's a major, major player. He's powerful enough where the Don Blake weakness could be justified, although I've always been partial to the Sigurd Jarlson identity. "Hey, Sigurd's a huge Scandinavian guy with long blond hair, but if he wears glasses, no one will ever think he's Thor!"

If Asgard is gone, that would make Thor the Last Son of Asgard. That may be what they're going for.

I just hope he gets his own ongoing after Civil War.

It'd be interesting if, because of the Odin power, Thor came back as the colective consciousness and power of every single Asgardian, fused together into one new being.

That basically is what the Odinpower is, by one origin (though there are many origins for the Odinpower). It was basically the life-force of Asgard itself channeled into Odin or whomever sat on the throne of Asgard. Odin could manipulate other Asgardians' powers and divinity as easily as anything else, too.

Kurosawa: I agree, I'd want Thor to be as powerful as he was at the end of his series. Full-on mastery of the Odinpower and rune magic. Make him less of an earthly superhero and more of a cosmic force. Of course, given the current climate of Marvel, with the focus sliding heavily onto street-level heroes, there's very little chance of that happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"