Thundercats movie (2010)

WormyT

Sidekick
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be any news on this besides God Of War concept artist Charlie Wen who's now working on it. Nothing in IMDB.
Is it still CG?

While we wait for more info, here's a fan trailer for a live action version I found staring Brad Pitt and Vin Diesel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb50GMmY5nk

Watch in HD.

Last edited:
that fan made trailer is defiantely one of the best i've seen so far.

Thanks guys!
Yeah it took me over a year, on and off.
Finding the footage was the hardest part believe it or not. I had to rent so many movies from Netflix.

t

Wormy you make the most awesome trailers. :up:

That was great, really well made! I've always been a supporter of the idea that a live action Thundercats movie could work and work well and imo your fan trailer proves it more than anything before..

If a live action movie was done it should be portrayed kinda like in your fan trailer, with a more 'real' and 'darker/sci-fi' feel opposed to the kiddy/fantasy feel of the cartoon. The splices of the action in the trailer give you a taste of what a Thundercat action scene could be like (all the acrobatic fighting and sword play/gun fights) and the Vin Diesel line at the end, "It's an animal thing" fits really well.. :up:

I've always thought that Hugo Weaving would make a good Mumm-Ra, Wentworth Miller as Lion-O, John Leguizamo as Slythe (think Violator from Spawn) and Ving Rhames is a pretty good fit for Panthro.

Wow, that trailer was really well done. Good job. I would actually see that movie.

I never thought a Thundercats movie could work. I do now.

I'm surprised Panthro ain't seen this yet.

holy ****!!!
that trailer is insane!
awesome work, whoever did that must be a professional.

hollywood, get your fingers out your asses and hire whoever did that trailer, and lets get thundercats the live action movie started now.

seriously, a live action Thundercats would make peoples balls drop!!
that trailer proves live action thundercats is possible!

genius trailer!

holy ****!!!
that trailer is insane!
awesome work, whoever did that must be a professional.

hollywood, get your fingers out your asses and hire whoever did that trailer, and lets get thundercats the live action movie started now.

seriously, a live action Thundercats would make peoples balls drop!!
that trailer proves live action thundercats is possible!

genius trailer!

mr Wormy T, please go to Hollywood and force them to see your Trailer!

quite possibly the most incredible trailer ive ever seen, how the hell did you manage to do all that??

its bloody awesome!

the superman reborn one is bloody awesome too.

the Thundercats one made my day though, one of my favourite cartoons, along with Jayce and the wheeled warriors.

Great work on that Trailer it was suprisgly good

Damn good trailer. It will prolly be better than the actual film if Fox gets ahold of it.

Wormy I'd love to see you do a :ww: trailer.

That was great, really well made! I've always been a supporter of the idea that a live action Thundercats movie could work and work well and imo your fan trailer proves it more than anything before..

If a live action movie was done it should be portrayed kinda like in your fan trailer, with a more 'real' and 'darker/sci-fi' feel opposed to the kiddy/fantasy feel of the cartoon. The splices of the action in the trailer give you a taste of what a Thundercat action scene could be like (all the acrobatic fighting and sword play/gun fights) and the Vin Diesel line at the end, "It's an animal thing" fits really well.. :up:

I've always thought that Hugo Weaving would make a good Mumm-Ra, Wentworth Miller as Lion-O, John Leguizamo as Slythe (think Violator from Spawn) and Ving Rhames is a pretty good fit for Panthro.
Thanks!
I agree with you. I think it could work as live action, and a CG Beowolf or TMNT version would be a complete waste.
I would hire Rick Baker to do the make up for the Cats and Mutants, design incredible Vehicles and Sets and get the best fight choreographer to stage the most amazing acrobatic sword and sorcery stunts.
I like your casting choice. Yeah Panthro should be huge and older than the rest for sure.

mr Wormy T, please go to Hollywood and force them to see your Trailer!

quite possibly the most incredible trailer ive ever seen, how the hell did you manage to do all that??

its bloody awesome!

the superman reborn one is bloody awesome too.

the Thundercats one made my day though, one of my favourite cartoons, along with Jayce and the wheeled warriors.
Thanks man. :)
Hollywoods only an hour away.

Wormy I'd love to see you do a :ww: trailer.
You know I did start work on a JLA trailer last year but only got 2% into it. I did have an interesting Wonderwoman for that. Maybe I'll get back to it if WB decide not to make theirs.
I have about 2-3 more trailers (don't ask what )to get through before that.
:)

Oh, does WB not have the rights to it?

I beleive it would be WB 'cos the T'Cats comics are under the DC Vertigo imprint.

Yeah Rick Baker would do some good T'Cats make up effects, I thought that since he did Hellboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"