Tim Burton's Batman 3

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Sawyer, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Changeling

Changeling Well-Known Member

THANK YOU GUYS! It's so stupid when people say that! People are soo sensitive its rather annoying.

2. JokerShnaniganz

JokerShnaniganz Active Member

Let's ask this question... Would you have rather had MLK jr be white? How about Malcolm X? I bet that would piss you off

3. Changeling

Changeling Well-Known Member

Let's not...

Are you calling me a racist too?
    If you're calling me a RACIST, I'm calling you sir, a ******. :yay:
    It just never stops does it? :whatever:

4. batboy99

batboy99 BTVS

I think he was on your side bud.

5. El Payaso

El Payaso Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised if you get some kind of punishment for this. And I mean from this site's authorities.

The fact that you said the name of a character and then 'black' is enough for that, even if they admit that you might have not been racist at all themselves.

It happened to me when I suggested that a black version of a character would be a bad idea even when I stated clearly that I wasn't being racist and that it was a problem, as you say, of the iconic nature of the character.

Yeah, that ridiculous it is.

I hope you get luckier with it than I did.

EL PAYASO

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  6. ScarecrowMan666

ScarecrowMan666 The God of Fear

No people don't like Marlon Wayans, not because he's black, but because he sucks. Oh, and by the way when you come on here after hardly posting anything and call the majority of the people on these boards ignorant jerks, it makes you look just like that. Troll. :whatever:

7. CaptainClown

CaptainClown Papa SPANK!!!

Marlon Wayans ia ctually a pretty good actor, but he doesn't have a war machine look.

8. TMC1982

TMC1982 Well-Known Member

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lnLzsZ-0h8[/YT]

9. TMC1982

The only way that the concept for "Batman Triumphant" to truly work (if you're going to bring Jack Nicholson back to play the Joker) is to have Michael Keaton return. It would feel awfully awkward to have Jack Nicholson's Joker interact in a Batman sequel with George Clooney.

10. TheWrath

TheWrath Guest

11. dude stannis

dude stannis Well-Known Member

Keaton's been smoking the reefer in that one. I think using Aaron Eckhart's burned half of his face would work for Billy Dee.

12. theMan-Bat

theMan-Bat Team Classic DC

That's a pretty good manip but that doesn't look like a Tim Burton Two-Face. The scared side of Tim Burton's Two-Face would look extremely grotesque.

13. Darkseid1

Darkseid1 Well-Known Member

I have never believed that Williams would have been cast as Riddler. He was used as bait in Batman to get Nicholson to sign on. Thats it. I also dont believe Burton would have even used Riddler. NOTHING had ever come out of Burtons mouth about what he would have done for a 3rd flick, if he did do one. Everything is speculation based on comments from other people involved in the Forever project, which included nothing from Burton.

14. ScarecrowMan666

ScarecrowMan666 The God of Fear

I would have loved to have seen what Burton could do with Scarecrow.

15. batboy99

batboy99 BTVS

I really LOVE that, though the i woulda used a real picture of batman instead of a statue

16. returntovoid

returntovoid Well-Known Member

It would have been great if WB didn't listen to those stupid conservatives that caused backlash and let Tim Burton make the third Batman film. It would have been great to see Burton finally give Batman his happy ending which he didn't get in Batman Returns, his Batman 3 would give the trilogy proper closure and would be a case of a third film in a film trilogy not sucking but just being on par with the first two films. I think Robin William would have been a great Riddler and it would have been interesting to see what Tim Burton was going to do with Two-Face's scarring, I suspect it could have been something like Frankenstein.

Don't get me wrong, Batman Forever was enjoyable but it could have been way better.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  17. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

Keaton's eyes look weird....

18. Fresh Prince

Fresh Prince Well-Known Member

Batman 3 under Burton would of been great. Robin Williams would of made a great Riddler and Billy Dee Williams would of made a good Two-Face.

19. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Every day I imagine the possibly of a third Burton film, and I frown that it never happened.

20. mothy

mothy Well-Known Member

oh, yes. imagine if he set the film during halloween as well.

21. 3atman

3atman Well-Known Member

Why do people want Robin Williams as the Riddler? I don't know if that was ever rumored that much and he's a great actor and all, but he's more of a comedy guy, especially in '95. It's about as bad an idea as casting Jim Carey (another comedy actor but with much less ability) as the Riddler.

Why is the Riddler cast as guys mostly known for comedy? If I knew it wouldn't shift history and screw up the Nolanverse, I would've cast Gary Oldman as the Riddler back then.

Really though, can someone explain why Carey and Williams are associated with the Riddler back then? I know that Carey actually played him in all his spandex nut thrusting idiocy, but why is he seen as a comedic character?

22. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

Both Williams and Carrey have proven themselves capable of dramatic roles.

23. TMC1982

I don't understand why the Riddler is generally seen as more of a comical type villain (hence, requiring a known comedian like Frank Gorshin, Robin Williams, or Jim Carey to play him) a la the Joker? I just figured that Edward Nygma was suppose to be a super intelligent supervillain with OCD like tendencies.

24. 3atman

3atman Well-Known Member

Williams, yes, CAN do dramatic roles, Carey I'm still not sold on. I don't think Williams would have been as serious. It's a Batman movie in 1995, around the same time as Mrs. Doubtfire, it would have been comedy Williams.

Still, WHY are they guys seen more as "comedy" guys. I don't give a crap what they're actually capable of, they are seen as "comedy" guys. Why not hire guys who play smart people well like Kevin Spacey?

25. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

Robin Williams can do serious role: Insomnia. I'm sure you know a guy called Christopher Nolan directed him. He would make great Riddler in Schumacher/Burton or even in Nolan Bat-film.