Tim Burton's Batman 3

THANK YOU GUYS! It's so stupid when people say that! People are soo sensitive its rather annoying.

Let's ask this question... Would you have rather had MLK jr be white? How about Malcolm X? I bet that would piss you off

Let's not...

Are you calling me a racist too?
If you're calling me a RACIST, I'm calling you sir, a ******. :yay:
It just never stops does it? :whatever:

I think he was on your side bud.

Wow. You're pretty much an ignorant bastard :whatever:. You wouldnt know racist if it bit you in the butt. How the hell would that come off as racist? Robin is a VERY iconic character with an established look. A change that drastic would be terrible. Changes of skin color work with smaller characters like Harvey Dent, but a black robin would be ******ed. :whatever:

Don't be surprised if you get some kind of punishment for this. And I mean from this site's authorities.

The fact that you said the name of a character and then 'black' is enough for that, even if they admit that you might have not been racist at all themselves.

It happened to me when I suggested that a black version of a character would be a bad idea even when I stated clearly that I wasn't being racist and that it was a problem, as you say, of the iconic nature of the character.

Yeah, that ridiculous it is.

I hope you get luckier with it than I did.

EL PAYASO

Last edited:
You guys all judge him just because he was in scary movie and a bunch of other movies

Have u seen REqueim for a dream or Lady Killers?

I noticed a bunch of people on these forums think anyone that is black and does comedy is usually a bad actor by assumption its quite pitiful but hey this website is filled with ignorant jerks

No people don't like Marlon Wayans, not because he's black, but because he sucks. Oh, and by the way when you come on here after hardly posting anything and call the majority of the people on these boards ignorant jerks, it makes you look just like that. Troll. :whatever:

Marlon Wayans ia ctually a pretty good actor, but he doesn't have a war machine look.

Billy Dee signed on because he wanted to play Two-face. He was hired with playing two-face being part of his contract. Burton cast him with two-face in mind in the first place. It was the studios that didn't want him playing two-face.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lnLzsZ-0h8[/YT]

posterbat.jpg

Keaton's been smoking the reefer in that one. I think using Aaron Eckhart's burned half of his face would work for Billy Dee.

I have never believed that Williams would have been cast as Riddler. He was used as bait in Batman to get Nicholson to sign on. Thats it. I also dont believe Burton would have even used Riddler. NOTHING had ever come out of Burtons mouth about what he would have done for a 3rd flick, if he did do one. Everything is speculation based on comments from other people involved in the Forever project, which included nothing from Burton.

I would have loved to have seen what Burton could do with Scarecrow.

It would have been great if WB didn't listen to those stupid conservatives that caused backlash and let Tim Burton make the third Batman film. It would have been great to see Burton finally give Batman his happy ending which he didn't get in Batman Returns, his Batman 3 would give the trilogy proper closure and would be a case of a third film in a film trilogy not sucking but just being on par with the first two films. I think Robin William would have been a great Riddler and it would have been interesting to see what Tim Burton was going to do with Two-Face's scarring, I suspect it could have been something like Frankenstein.

Don't get me wrong, Batman Forever was enjoyable but it could have been way better.

Last edited:
Batman 3 under Burton would of been great. Robin Williams would of made a great Riddler and Billy Dee Williams would of made a good Two-Face.

Every day I imagine the possibly of a third Burton film, and I frown that it never happened.

Why do people want Robin Williams as the Riddler? I don't know if that was ever rumored that much and he's a great actor and all, but he's more of a comedy guy, especially in '95. It's about as bad an idea as casting Jim Carey (another comedy actor but with much less ability) as the Riddler.

Why is the Riddler cast as guys mostly known for comedy? If I knew it wouldn't shift history and screw up the Nolanverse, I would've cast Gary Oldman as the Riddler back then.

Really though, can someone explain why Carey and Williams are associated with the Riddler back then? I know that Carey actually played him in all his spandex nut thrusting idiocy, but why is he seen as a comedic character?

Both Williams and Carrey have proven themselves capable of dramatic roles.

Why do people want Robin Williams as the Riddler? I don't know if that was ever rumored that much and he's a great actor and all, but he's more of a comedy guy, especially in '95. It's about as bad an idea as casting Jim Carey (another comedy actor but with much less ability) as the Riddler.

Why is the Riddler cast as guys mostly known for comedy? If I knew it wouldn't shift history and screw up the Nolanverse, I would've cast Gary Oldman as the Riddler back then.

Really though, can someone explain why Carey and Williams are associated with the Riddler back then? I know that Carey actually played him in all his spandex nut thrusting idiocy, but why is he seen as a comedic character?

I don't understand why the Riddler is generally seen as more of a comical type villain (hence, requiring a known comedian like Frank Gorshin, Robin Williams, or Jim Carey to play him) a la the Joker? I just figured that Edward Nygma was suppose to be a super intelligent supervillain with OCD like tendencies.

Williams, yes, CAN do dramatic roles, Carey I'm still not sold on. I don't think Williams would have been as serious. It's a Batman movie in 1995, around the same time as Mrs. Doubtfire, it would have been comedy Williams.

Still, WHY are they guys seen more as "comedy" guys. I don't give a crap what they're actually capable of, they are seen as "comedy" guys. Why not hire guys who play smart people well like Kevin Spacey?

Robin Williams can do serious role: Insomnia. I'm sure you know a guy called Christopher Nolan directed him. He would make great Riddler in Schumacher/Burton or even in Nolan Bat-film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"