Tim Burton's Batman 3

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Sawyer, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Changeling

Changeling Well-Known Member

Umm duh...:whatever:...you must be pretty uninformed as to how badly the Robin character was going to be in Tim Burton's third Batman film. It was a terrible idea for the character....AND...Robin's character is much too iconic to be black...plus Marlon Wayans is a **** actor, and he was too old.

2. El Payaso

El Payaso Well-Known Member

Robin was to be in the first Burton's Bat-movie and then in the second Burton's bat-movie... so i don't think he wouls have ever been in the third one since Burton never thought it was a good idea.

3. Changeling

Well he was going to be in the third one. He tried on the outfit and everything. He was even payed for Batman Forever and Batman and Robin

4. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

I actually started writing a script for a Burton Batman 3 months ago. I stopped writing it because it dragged and Harvey didn't become Two-Face until page sixty. But hopefully, I can do it over someday. The lego movie, "Batman Revenge" really inspired me to write it. I had alot of great ideas. I took some story elements from BF, and mutured them and made them suited for a Burton film. BF redone for Burton if you will.

5. urrutiap

urrutiap Guest

I dont have time to read everyone's reply to this topic but here's the thing involving Two Face if he was to appear in a Tim Burton Batman 2 or 3

Back then years ago my older sister had those Teen Beat magazines or whatever and they had articles about the Burton Batman flicks and here's what I still remember

Batman 2: Villain team up of Two Face, Catwoman, Riddler and Penguin. If Two Face was going to be in then the make up would have been interesting to see

Batman 3 or 4 if Burton and Keaton had stuck around: Madonna as the Joker's wife to get revenge which did involve Scarecrow and the fear gas showing Jack Nicholson's Joker in a flashback. I think Jeff Goldblum was rumored to star as Crane

6. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Wrong. That was actually Schumachers plan for Batman Triumphant back before B&R failed out of control.

7. the_scream

the_scream Well-Known Member

Billy Dee would not have been Two-Face. His character was a small role in Batman and absent from BR. Also, Williams was not really a well known actor apart from his role in The Empire Strikes Back. Burton would have recast.

8. Black Zodak

Black Zodak Well-Known Member

I would love to see a BATMAN 3 made by Burton, after Nolan completes his trilogy. It would be nice to have a NOLAN trilogy and a BURTON trilogy. Warners would make a lot of money selling them as DVD boxsets. As for who the villians should be, I would say bring back Catwoman and introduce Riddler (with Johnny Depp as Riddler).

9. The Sarge

The Sarge Greatest DP ever

Billy Dee signed on because he wanted to play Two-face. He was hired with playing two-face being part of his contract. Burton cast him with two-face in mind in the first place. It was the studios that didn't want him playing two-face.

10. Wolfman

Wolfman Well-Known Member

I was thinking of writing Batman 3, too, but right now I'm trying to do a comicbook version of Burton's Superman Lives. But post few pages of you script or something, I'm intriguet.

11. Kevin Roegele

Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

The Sarge speaks only truth. You can watch the interview with Williams on the Batman DVD if you want to check.

Also, the proposed third Schumacher movie was not called Batman Triumphant. That was simply the original name for Batman & Robin.

12. raleagh

raleagh No avatar? That blows!

Actually, Billy Dee says "The contract I signed was to play Harvey Dent, it wasn't a two or three picture situation".

13. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

http://www.batman-on-film.com/opinion_jett_b5history.html

14. Gexmeister

Gexmeister Well-Known Member

No, he wouldn't. The only reason Williams ever signed on to play such a small role was because he knew that Dent was Two-face in the comics. AND he had a pay-or-play-contract, so he was actually payed in full for Batman Forever even though they recast his part.

15. raleagh

Billy Dee's contract was bought out just after Batman 89 was released.

16. VenomVsSpidey

VenomVsSpidey Well-Known Member

yup-yup

17. Dark Globe

Dark Globe Well-Known Member

Racist piece of ****!

18. Gexmeister

Well, I don't know how trustable Wikipedia is but it says this :

And imdb:

And they couldn't have known they were gonna cast Tommy Lee Jones right after the first one.

19. raleagh

I was posting what Billy Dee himself said.

He said "The contract I signed was to play Harvey Dent, it wasn't a two or three picture situation".

He does go on to say however "I think that at that stage, after the first Batman, some Japanese, Sony or something like that bought out the contract. I can't really recall it."

20. Gexmeister

Ah. Well then yours is probably the right one :D

21. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

Sorry, man. I never let anyone see my work. But maybe. If I'm satisfied. But thanks for being intrigued!

22. Changeling

Wow. You're pretty much an ignorant bastard :whatever:. You wouldnt know racist if it bit you in the butt. How the hell would that come off as racist? Robin is a VERY iconic character with an established look. A change that drastic would be terrible. Changes of skin color work with smaller characters like Harvey Dent, but a black robin would be ******ed. :whatever:

23. Ceb-Man

Ceb-Man Well-Known Member

I agree with that!

24. batboy99

batboy99 BTVS

Thank you. Ive heard stuff like that alot. If you tihnk a white character shouldnt be black, you're racist, but if its the other way around(making a white person black) thered be no racist comments...

25. CaptainClown

CaptainClown Papa SPANK!!!

Ya actually, as racist as it might sound to someone who is trigger happy to label someone as that. It really isn't racist. The character is iconic and is not so small that you could change his race and it wouldn't matter.