Tim Burton's Batman 3

I'm really not at all saying that Williams can't do serious, I'm saying in that role he WOULDN'T. It's much more likely that he'd be comedic seeing as WB saw it as a "kids movie" and I was also saying that he's known as a "comedy actor" I love williams, I know he has range, doesn't mean that's what he's known for by the masses.

So, again, is there any reason why WB always had interest in guys KNOWN FOR (I didn't say jack about their actual ability, but KNOWN FOR) being comedic actors.

I'm really not at all saying that Williams can't do serious, I'm saying in that role he WOULDN'T. It's much more likely that he'd be comedic seeing as WB saw it as a "kids movie" and I was also saying that he's known as a "comedy actor" I love williams, I know he has range, doesn't mean that's what he's known for by the masses.

So, again, is there any reason why WB always had interest in guys KNOWN FOR (I didn't say jack about their actual ability, but KNOWN FOR) being comedic actors.
Yes, because you're Tim Burton and you know exactly how he would have played the role....

And since when did WB see it as a kids movie? Ok, yes, it was appealed to children, but it really wasn't. Plus just because it might have a younger audience, it doesnt mean he wouldnt give a more serious performance. If that was so, Penguin wouldnt be the way he was.

ao6bvb.jpg

I would love to see a BATMAN 3 made by Burton, after Nolan completes his trilogy. It would be nice to have a NOLAN trilogy and a BURTON trilogy. Warners would make a lot of money selling them as DVD boxsets. As for who the villians should be, I would say bring back Catwoman and introduce Riddler (with Johnny Depp as Riddler).

This!

If only there were enough fans to help with petitions and letters/calls to WB.

Is there a place for lost scripts? I would love to see them including the dan Water's catwoman script.

Absolutely, it would've been a very gothic tale that's centered around a young 8-year old Richard Grayson. The Family Movie about loss and learning to let go of the past...with dark castles (Wayne Manor, Arkham) contrasted against Haly's Circus (which would've been a spectacle!)'s colourful troupes (innocence vs loss of thereafter). Dent would've had his signature multiple-personality disorder, the Riddler would've been bald and if played by Williams, much more sinister (like a pedo maybe?). Michael Keaton would be the orphan-now-turned-father figure, who finds answers in the child psychologist Renee Russo. It would've been in the winter though, I'm guessing visually it'd resemble SLEEPY HOLLOW and it wouldn't shy away from graphic violence either. That was Burton in his true form in the mid-90s. Read my other posts on the same subject in the related forums here (please please please please please)

I would love to have seen what Burton would have done with Batman 3. Could you imagine Keaton's Batman against Carrey's Riddler? Sigh...what could have been.

Billy Dee Williams would have been Two-face and more than likely, Robin Williams would have been Riddler though.

I would have still seen the movie. Billy Dee as Two-Face if I could only wonder.

I'd have seen it without question. :up:

I had a dream about this flick the other night. There was a scene in some old church between Batman and Billy's Two-Face. It had a lot of plush, padded walls, but faded and in disrepair. Almost like a throne room of an old castle.

Two-Face had killed a woman he was close to, and several others, and disposed of the bodies in the walls. I had no idea why; the only lighting came from some torches in wall sconces.

This movie would've been awesome.

I've tried explaining this before and someone told me I was BS'ing, but I distinctly remember Entertainment Tonight (ET) briefly mentioning Burton's "Batman III" years and years ago, like way before Batman Forever, and I remember Julia Roberts's name being thrown around as Catwoman, since Michelle Pfeiffer wasn't going to return. And Catwoman returning made total sense to me since her character never died.

What's even crazier about Entertainment Tonight, whether they make this **** up or not, is that I also vividly remember them talking about "Batman 5" in 1998, and among the cast was:

Kurt Russell as Batman
Ben Affleck as Robin
Howard Stern as The Scarecrow
Janeane Garofalo as Harley Quinn

I'm not the only one who remembers Entertainment Tonight spouting those rumors. Several people I know watched it too - I'm certain it was around 1998. I can only assume this was Schumacher's next film.

But Burton's Batman III would've been epic.

Does anyone recall an interview that Michael Keaton had with Carson Daly about being Batman in Tim Burton's Superman movie? I believe it was 1997-1998... and Keaton was on the show promoting Jackie Brown or Desperate Measures... he and Carson Daly were playing golf on the set too. At one point Daly asked Keaton "Are you going to be playing Batman in the new Superman?" And Keaton said "Not exactly..." I can only assume he was slated to have an appearance as Bruce Wayne.

One of the great misses in cinema...Burton's Batman 3. Would have really liked to see a full movie dedicated to Two Face

Does anyone have any story ideas you think could have worked for Burton's Batman 3 ??

I would've really been keen to see Burton do Two-Face... so much imagery there for him to go nuts with.

If someone's curious how Burton's Robin would look like, I think the closest we will get is Bob Ringwood first Robin costume design. Ringwood worked on both Burton films and then Forever, and so he knew the style. Before Schumacher intervened he presented him this sketch which was consistent with previous movies design-wise

1208093527.jpg

I like it. It changes the ridiculous eye mask that doesnt cover identity at all and lets face it, Robin's costume does not work outisde comic books and cartoons at all on any level. Still, best movie Robin is no Robin at all by far

Last edited:
Does anyone recall an interview that Michael Keaton had with Carson Daly about being Batman in Tim Burton's Superman movie? I believe it was 1997-1998... and Keaton was on the show promoting Jackie Brown or Desperate Measures... he and Carson Daly were playing golf on the set too. At one point Daly asked Keaton "Are you going to be playing Batman in the new Superman?" And Keaton said "Not exactly..." I can only assume he was slated to have an appearance as Bruce Wayne.

I seem to remember something like that.

oh yeah, I remember Burton's Superman film. I honestly think it would have been about as bad as Batman & Robin. seriously, Nic Cage as Supes?

but anyway, I do remember reading in a Wizard magazine around that time that Michael Keaton was set to appear in the film for a cameo as Bruce Wayne.

If someone's curious how Burton's Robin would look like, I think the closest we will get is Bob Ringwood first Robin costume design. Ringwood worked on both Burton films and then Forever, and so he knew the style. Before Schumacher intervened he presented him this sketch which was consistent with previous movies design-wise

I would like to think that if Batman Forever had been helmed by Burton, he would've managed to stave off including Robin once more.

I can't imagine Keaton's Batman with a sidekick.

Yeah I think Burton would've "obliged" the studio by just introducing Dick Grayson rather than giving us a full fledged Robin arc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"