Tim Burton's "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiars" Coming in 2015

I loved "Dark Shadows" -- Burton's best film since "Ed Wood", in my opinion. Super excited to see him and Eva Green working together again for this.

Bruh wut.

I like Dark Shadows, but it was a really messy film, with no clear direction. If I was going to pick Burton's best film since Ed Wood, it would have to be Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride or Frankenweenie. Nothing else comes close imo.

Big Fish. :huh:

[YT]http://youtu.be/tV_IhWE4LP0[/YT]

Never read the book, so can't comment on that. But I feel the trailer it's trying way too hard to feel whimsical and magical and stuff, and kinda failing.
Not sold, Burton. What happened to you.

Also, "You're born to protect us!". Cue the shot of a scary black man. XD

Last edited:
The trailer's not bad. The tone is a bit different than Burton's other movies, so that's encouraging.

I liked the trailer. The characters seem cute and the effects were cool. Tonally, it seems a bit different than Burton's usual stuff. Hopefully that'll turn out be a good thing in this case.

Got that Burton Big Fish feel.

I saw a lot of X-Men comparison comments on Youtube.

Goldman's writing it and it looks like it has some heart to it. Looks good.

I really liked what I saw in the trailer (didn't like the song they selected, though), but I hope there'll be some of Tim Burton's trademark humour and wit in it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Dark Shadows in the same way that I did the Addams Family movies, but considering the source material, I think a little less spoof might have been preferable. Either way, I liked it more than I did Burton's Alice. And Big Fish was gold all the way through.

Pretty good trailer for this one.

I thoroughly enjoyed Dark Shadows in the same way that I did the Addams Family movies, but considering the source material, I think a little less spoof might have been preferable. Either way, I liked it more than I did Burton's Alice. And Big Fish was gold all the way through.

Pretty good trailer for this one.

Yeah, I liked Dark Shadows, as well. Extremely underrated, even with all its flaws. I don't know if it was as good as Sonneneld's Addams Family movies, though. Especially the second one, which I think is a great comedy (and a huge improvement over the original). I don't agree with whover said that it was his best work after Ed Wood, though. He made several great movies after that (Mars Attacks!, Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish, The Corpse bride, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Sweeney Todd were quite good, too).

And I also agree on Alice in Wonderland. I liked it less than his Planet of the Apes remake.

miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children-poster-banner.jpg

miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children-poster-asa-butterfield-jake.jpg

miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children-poster-eva-green.jpg

miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children-poster-bronwyn.jpg

miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children-poster-samuel-l-jackson-barron.jpg

miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children-poster-twins.jpg

miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children-poster-emma.jpg

miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children-poster-millard.jpg

miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children-poster-olive.jpg

SLJ is the villain again?

He must really enjoy being that a-hole character.

I loved Dark Shadows, too. Truly underrated.
Not his best since Ed Wood, though.

Last edited:
Glad Im not the only one who thought X-Men.

God, I hope this is good because so far it looks it.

Maybe Burton should take over from Singer, lol. Seriously.

Second trailer isn't bad either.

Maybe this will 'click' for me.

Looks good. Too bad they didn't get Burton to do New Mutants instead of the cancer movie guy.

it is so strange seeing a Burton film without Depp or Carter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"