The Dark Knight "Tim Burton's 'The Nightmare Before Lounging! TEOL Edition!'"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, buddy, you have to believe life is more than that. A little optimism never hurt anyone.
optimism hurts me plenty:csad: just makes the inevitable disapoint that much harder. sure still get excited about things, but i've pretty much decided that my life is to be one with few joys

optimism hurts me plenty:csad: just makes the inevitable disapoint that much harder. sure still get excited about things, but i've pretty much decided that my life is to be one with few joys

I look at like this:

I've been through ALOT of **** in my life. I was born into a world where my mother was clinically insane. Not alot of kids have mothers in insane asylums, you know? My dad's a ***hole. My best friends of 5 years and I stopped being friends because drugs were more important to them. My girlfriend (fiance, technically) of 7 years cheated on me with the guy that plays Barney Rubble at Universal Studios.

Despite all of that, I don't think life is full of ****. I live my life knowing that there are gonna be bad days. But as long as I'm happy with myself, I can have a happy life. I don't need other people to make me happy. I don't need other things to make me happy. They are all added bonuses. I just make sure that I'm always doing the things that I want to be doing with my life, and if I'm not, then I need to change things until I am. It's as simple as that.

Well, they don't talk to me that much anymore, they don't include me in their going-outs, and when I call some of them, they never answer the phone. Also, I don't have a romantic life, I really want a girlfriend, somebody I can talk to all the time. But I don't have anything right now, I haven't felt true happiness since I was 14.

You have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with someone else. Don't rely on a relationship to bring you happiness. Not saying that it is wrong to want a relationship.

My opinion on your friends, if they are like: then get new friends. Don't waste your life on people who don't deserve it.

What happened when you were 14 btw?

I look at like this:

I've been through ALOT of **** in my life. I was born into a world where my mother was clinically insane. Not alot of kids have mothers in insane asylums, you know? My dad's a ***hole. My best friends of 5 years and I stopped being friends because drugs were more important to them. My girlfriend (fiance, technically) of 7 years cheated on me with the guy that plays Barney Rubble at Universal Studios.

Despite all of that, I don't think life is full of ****. I live my life knowing that there are gonna be bad days. But as long as I'm happy with myself, I can have a happy life. I don't need other people to make me happy. I don't need other things to make me happy. They are all added bonuses. I just make sure that I'm always doing the things that I want to be doing with my life, and if I'm not, then I need to change things until I am. It's as simple as that.

I'm glad you're coping, some people won't/can't deal with the stress and sometimes end up going half crazy themselves, but it's good to know that you're seeing the brighter things.

I look at like this:

i can't do that though. i want to do that and i know i'd be happier if i did, but i feel too much responsibility to my family and my teammates to do the things i know would make me happy. and fufilling my resposibilites to them is time consuming and often thankless, but i can't just up and leave because then i'd put alot of people in bad spots and i can't have that on my concencse
Well, they don't talk to me that much anymore, they don't include me in their going-outs, and when I call some of them, they never answer the phone. Also, I don't have a romantic life, I really want a girlfriend, somebody I can talk to all the time. But I don't have anything right now, I haven't felt true happiness since I was 14.
i can't help you with things a girlfriend can, but my ear's always open if you need someone to talk to

i can't do that though. i want to do that and i know i'd be happier if i did, but i feel too much responsibility to my family and my teammates to do the things i know would make me happy. and fufilling my resposibilites to them is time consuming and often thankless, but i can't just up and leave because then i'd put alot of people in bad spots and i can't have that on my concencse

You have to look at that and realize that what makes you happy is making THEM happy then. You love them and you want to make them happy, there is nothing wrong with that. But remember to take some time for yourself sometimes. I know that I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life in this town, even though I've got friends and family here.

Alot of bad **** happens. But it's the bad stuff that makes the good stuff good. Being alone makes being with someone you love so much more special. Being sad makes being happy feel that way. If we we had no bad there would be no good. We wouldn't know what it was. Sometimes we have an excessive amount of **** thrown our way, but it's bad **** that gets us through until the next time we smile. And in actuality, it's the reason we smile.

It's hard to be happy with yourself when your life is going down the drain.

Well, what's been happening? I'm all ears if you want to talk about it, man.

It's hard to make friends when people try to avoid talking to you just because you're in a wheelchair.

Then those aren't the people you need to be talking to anyways. People who look at you and judge you based on the fact that you were born with a disorder are failures as human beings. I know the world isn't full of great people. But I know there's gotta be some people like me who don't judge a book by its cover out there in CA.

I moved to another town.

Did you leave behind alot of old friends and such?

It's hard to make friends when people try to avoid talking to you just because you're in a wheelchair.
ron, you can't think like that though man. it's easy to have a chip on your shoulder, i've got a huge one, but if you think people aren't going to like you because you're in a chair then you're going to have a bad aditudeand they won't like you. try going to things designed for people in wheel chairs. murderball looks like a ton of fun, if you haven't tried it see if there's a place to play near you. we're your friends and would have been if we knew you were in a wheel chair from the day we met you or not.

You have to look at that and realize that what makes you happy is making THEM happy then. You love them and you want to make them happy, there is nothing wrong with that. But remember to take some time for yourself sometimes. I know that I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life in this town, even though I've got friends and family here.
that might be part of it, but i hate some people for the sacrafices i've had to make for them. i've always been taught honor and duty in all things and try to uphold that, but there gets to be a point when you see that you're the only one who gaves a damn. sure they need you, but they don't care, they just expect that you'll take care of it with no effort from them and no reward to you.

I'm glad you're coping, some people won't/can't deal with the stress and sometimes end up going half crazy themselves, but it's good to know that you're seeing the brighter things.
bumped for grayson. qgen, you have to engage in the conversation more if you want more attention

that might be part of it, but i hate some people for the sacrafices i've had to make for them. i've always been taught honor and duty in all things and try to uphold that, but there gets to be a point when you see that you're the only one who gaves a damn. sure they need you, but they don't care, they just expect that you'll take care of it with no effort from them and no reward to you.

Oh I can totally relate to that feeling. And you have to realize at some point that you've done what you've needed to do, and now it's your turn to be happy. They can survive without you, and when you are off doing what needs to be done for you, they will grow to appreciate you more.

bumped for grayson. qgen, you have to engage in the conversation more if you want more attention

Thing is, I'm working.

It's hard to answer calls and post at the same time :(.

Oh I can totally relate to that feeling. And you have to realize at some point that you've done what you've needed to do, and now it's your turn to be happy. They can survive without you, and when you are off doing what needs to be done for you, they will grow to appreciate you more.
i don't think my dad can though. his dream for the past 7 yrs or so has been to coach football, and he got a chance at my school the year after i started. so now that's all he relates to me with and he talks about it constantly, putting presure on me to get "larger" when he knows i already have image and confidence issues, and he uses me like a gofer. but i'm also about the only friend he's got in the town literaly

Thing is, I'm working.

It's hard to answer calls and post at the same time :(.
true, but then you can't get upset for being overlooked sometimes, post when you can if it gets picked up, great, if not don't let it ruin your day:yay:

I don't need friends to make me happy, I've been backstabbed enough by all of them.

I'm just disappointed in how my life has turned out. I'm trying hard to not be angry at God, but it's hard. What did I do to deserve this?

I can understand that. I'm not perfect either. I've felt this way before. I think we all do from time to time. And you have to realize that you didn't do anything. It's not your fault. But just because your were dealt this hand, doesn't mean you're any less of a person than anyone else. In fact, the fact that you can overcome these obstacles makes you more of a man than anyone I know. Because you have more of a struggle, and yet you can still get through it. It makes you a stronger person than anyone I know.

There are a lot of nice people, but they're not in my age group/generation, they're much older than me.

I think it is a sad truth that old people are more understanding of situations like this than people our age. But know this, there are people in our generation that don't care about your condition, and know that you're a great person regardless of it.

Yes. It also completely changed my persona, I used to be a talkative outgoing person, now I'm just really shy and boring.

I suppose that's a part of growing up. You can still be that talkative, outgoing person if you want to. You just have to make an effort to be who you really are. I've faced a somewhat similiar situation and have made steps towards becoming who I was, and it has made me alot happier.

I'm not perfect man. I have moments of anger and doubt too. But the things that I've faced in my life have made me who I am. It IS possible to overcome adversity, not matter how terrible it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"