"Tim Burton's 'The Nightmare Before Lounging! TEOL Edition!'"

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Cowleen, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lixdexia Registered

welcome back:yay:

2. Monster Reborn

Am I your friend Ron?

3. DaddyGrayson Salutations

Yeah, sorry, I was having a little "episode" of extreme pain.

4. lixdexia Registered

optimism hurts me plenty:csad: just makes the inevitable disapoint that much harder. sure still get excited about things, but i've pretty much decided that my life is to be one with few joys

5. lixdexia Registered

dude, health first, no need to apologise.

6. DaddyGrayson Salutations

I look at like this:

I've been through ALOT of **** in my life. I was born into a world where my mother was clinically insane. Not alot of kids have mothers in insane asylums, you know? My dad's a ***hole. My best friends of 5 years and I stopped being friends because drugs were more important to them. My girlfriend (fiance, technically) of 7 years cheated on me with the guy that plays Barney Rubble at Universal Studios.

Despite all of that, I don't think life is full of ****. I live my life knowing that there are gonna be bad days. But as long as I'm happy with myself, I can have a happy life. I don't need other people to make me happy. I don't need other things to make me happy. They are all added bonuses. I just make sure that I'm always doing the things that I want to be doing with my life, and if I'm not, then I need to change things until I am. It's as simple as that.

7. DaddyGrayson Salutations

Where did ron go?

8. DaddyGrayson Salutations

You have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with someone else. Don't rely on a relationship to bring you happiness. Not saying that it is wrong to want a relationship.

My opinion on your friends, if they are like: then get new friends. Don't waste your life on people who don't deserve it.

What happened when you were 14 btw?

9. Monster Reborn

I'm glad you're coping, some people won't/can't deal with the stress and sometimes end up going half crazy themselves, but it's good to know that you're seeing the brighter things.

10. lixdexia Registered

i can't do that though. i want to do that and i know i'd be happier if i did, but i feel too much responsibility to my family and my teammates to do the things i know would make me happy. and fufilling my resposibilites to them is time consuming and often thankless, but i can't just up and leave because then i'd put alot of people in bad spots and i can't have that on my concencse
    i can't help you with things a girlfriend can, but my ear's always open if you need someone to talk to

11. DaddyGrayson Salutations

You have to look at that and realize that what makes you happy is making THEM happy then. You love them and you want to make them happy, there is nothing wrong with that. But remember to take some time for yourself sometimes. I know that I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life in this town, even though I've got friends and family here.

Alot of bad **** happens. But it's the bad stuff that makes the good stuff good. Being alone makes being with someone you love so much more special. Being sad makes being happy feel that way. If we we had no bad there would be no good. We wouldn't know what it was. Sometimes we have an excessive amount of **** thrown our way, but it's bad **** that gets us through until the next time we smile. And in actuality, it's the reason we smile.

12. DaddyGrayson Salutations

Well, what's been happening? I'm all ears if you want to talk about it, man.

Then those aren't the people you need to be talking to anyways. People who look at you and judge you based on the fact that you were born with a disorder are failures as human beings. I know the world isn't full of great people. But I know there's gotta be some people like me who don't judge a book by its cover out there in CA.

Did you leave behind alot of old friends and such?

13. lixdexia Registered

ron, you can't think like that though man. it's easy to have a chip on your shoulder, i've got a huge one, but if you think people aren't going to like you because you're in a chair then you're going to have a bad aditudeand they won't like you. try going to things designed for people in wheel chairs. murderball looks like a ton of fun, if you haven't tried it see if there's a place to play near you. we're your friends and would have been if we knew you were in a wheel chair from the day we met you or not.

14. lixdexia Registered

seriously, my yahoo is over there, and if you want my e-mail and stuff, p.m. me, i'm always happy to have someone new to talk to

15. Monster Reborn

It's funny how Grayson ignored my post :(.

16. DaddyGrayson Salutations

Which one? Did I miss it?

17. lixdexia Registered

that might be part of it, but i hate some people for the sacrafices i've had to make for them. i've always been taught honor and duty in all things and try to uphold that, but there gets to be a point when you see that you're the only one who gaves a damn. sure they need you, but they don't care, they just expect that you'll take care of it with no effort from them and no reward to you.

18. lixdexia Registered

bumped for grayson. qgen, you have to engage in the conversation more if you want more attention

19. DaddyGrayson Salutations

Oh I can totally relate to that feeling. And you have to realize at some point that you've done what you've needed to do, and now it's your turn to be happy. They can survive without you, and when you are off doing what needs to be done for you, they will grow to appreciate you more.

20. Monster Reborn

Thing is, I'm working.

It's hard to answer calls and post at the same time :(.

21. lixdexia Registered

i don't think my dad can though. his dream for the past 7 yrs or so has been to coach football, and he got a chance at my school the year after i started. so now that's all he relates to me with and he talks about it constantly, putting presure on me to get "larger" when he knows i already have image and confidence issues, and he uses me like a gofer. but i'm also about the only friend he's got in the town literaly

22. lixdexia Registered

true, but then you can't get upset for being overlooked sometimes, post when you can if it gets picked up, great, if not don't let it ruin your day:yay:

23. Monster Reborn

I don't need friends to make me happy, I've been backstabbed enough by all of them.

24. DaddyGrayson Salutations

I can understand that. I'm not perfect either. I've felt this way before. I think we all do from time to time. And you have to realize that you didn't do anything. It's not your fault. But just because your were dealt this hand, doesn't mean you're any less of a person than anyone else. In fact, the fact that you can overcome these obstacles makes you more of a man than anyone I know. Because you have more of a struggle, and yet you can still get through it. It makes you a stronger person than anyone I know.

I think it is a sad truth that old people are more understanding of situations like this than people our age. But know this, there are people in our generation that don't care about your condition, and know that you're a great person regardless of it.

I suppose that's a part of growing up. You can still be that talkative, outgoing person if you want to. You just have to make an effort to be who you really are. I've faced a somewhat similiar situation and have made steps towards becoming who I was, and it has made me alot happier.

25. DaddyGrayson Salutations

I'm not perfect man. I have moments of anger and doubt too. But the things that I've faced in my life have made me who I am. It IS possible to overcome adversity, not matter how terrible it may be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.