Deadpool 2 Tim Miller exits Deadpool 2

Robert Rodriguez, who was approached to do Deadpool at one point and liked the script, could effectively capture the spirit of the material for the sequel.

Matthew Vaughn is the only Director i can think of that potentialy could not only make a good follow-up, but probably an even superior film.

To me, the Colossus we got was Colossus distilled to his nature and, based on interviews, that was pure Tim Miller.
Reading this makes me even more bummed that Miller left. Colossus was one of my favorite parts of the first movie. Not that I was expecting him to come back in the sequel, but still.

Matthew Vaughn is the only Director i can think of that potentialy could not only make a good follow-up, but probably an even superior film.

First Class, Kick Ass, and Kingsman were all doubles to me.

None were home runs like Deadpool.

Huh. I'm a bit surprised. I figured the hardest of hardcore MCU fans would eat this up.

Most hardcore MCU fans wanted Spider-man and Fantastic Four to return to Marvel.

Many are comfortable with X-men existing as a separate universe.

Kingsman over Deadpool any day.

Again, Vaughn is the safest pick, but also one of the maybe too busy to take on the job with this set date.

Raimi and Nolan were also veteran filmmakers. Not enough info yet to see if Miller is great or just got lucky. Granted, he should be given the chance, but again, I can see how the suits want to play it safe.

I don't believe in luck when it comes to directing a high budget movie.

Luck might help a little but vision, talent and passion do the heavy lifting.

Ideally, Vaughn would be the one to take the reins on the flagship X-Men and take care of that stuff, but he seems to have gotten his fix with FC.

I'm more at a loss to what Miller's potential ideas for the future could've been. X-Force etc. He was tossing around X-23 fighting Deadpool and he seemed like the perfect mix of fanboy but also someone who was in touch with the nature of the business. He talked about how he was aware that he wasn't making some big arthouse film and was willing to compromise and yet there was still conflict, which makes it all the more disappointing. (Especially since it was with Ryan himself)

Obviously we can take solace in the fact that Ryan, Wernick and Reese are on board still, but if Ryan and Tim butted heads over something like Kyle Chandler being Cable then I would be really, really disapppointed. Hopefully it's some nightmare, but the movie isn't dead yet so...

i could see them going After Adam Berg he was rumored to be a top contender years ago

you can clearly see the opening credits was inspired by his work
[YT]lQ3D4CqHbJM[/YT]

Ideally, Vaughn would be the one to take the reins on the flagship X-Men and take care of that stuff, but he seems to have gotten his fix with FC.

I'm more at a loss to what Miller's potential ideas for the future could've been. X-Force etc. He was tossing around X-23 fighting Deadpool and he seemed like the perfect mix of fanboy but also someone who was in touch with the nature of the business. He talked about how he was aware that he wasn't making some big arthouse film and was willing to compromise and yet there was still conflict, which makes it all the more disappointing. (Especially since it was with Ryan himself)

Obviously we can take solace in the fact that Ryan, Wernick and Reese are on board still, but if Ryan and Tim butted heads over something like Kyle Chandler being Cable then I would be really, really disapppointed. Hopefully it's some nightmare, but the movie isn't dead yet so...

^ This, and Miller poured his heart into Deadpool, doing free work on the movie, pushing hard to get it made. And just listen to the guy in interviews. I mean, he got emotional talking about how much he liked the script at Comic-Con.

And yet Ryan Reynolds went all 1990's Kevin Costner on him.

If we are to go off El Mayimbes reports, he originally said months ago that Chandler was off the table as Millers choice before Comic Con.

Umberto Gonzalez
‏@elmayimbe
Had Chandler as Cable for months & had the artwork commissioned. HOWEVER, heard the studio passed on Chandler before SDCC, they want a star.

Given that Miller allegedly exited this Friday and the timing of all these Domino casting reports coming in this week I'd assume it wasn't just down to that casting.

The two likely were just not seeing eye to eye in general for this to happen.

^ This, and Miller poured his heart into Deadpool, doing free work on the movie, pushing hard to get it made. And just listen to the guy in interviews. I mean, he got emotional talking about how much he liked the script at Comic-Con.

And yet Ryan Reynolds went all 1990's Kevin Costner on him.

And Miller went all Rorschach on Reynolds :o

The whole Cable thing is stupid to want a star.
Deadpool made all that money with no major star other than Reynolds. And even Reynolds isn't a box office draw.

Why would they need a star? That's just more money to spend

The whole Cable thing is stupid to want a star.
Deadpool made all that money with no major star other than Reynolds. And even Reynolds isn't a box office draw.

Why would they need a star? That's just more money to spend

Not that I agree with the Studio here as I wanted to see Chandler in the role myself, but it's because Cable won't just be a supporting character in Deadpool. He'll be lead in X-Force amongst other things. The deal was said to be big and with multiple IP's. It's a Marvel studios like contract and probably the biggest for the X franchise. So Fox want's someone who has draw.

I believe it was for Deadpool 2 and 3, X-Force 1-3 and X-Men crossovers. So pretty much an 6-8 pic deal.

Last edited:
Not that I agree with the Studio here as I wanted to see Chandler in the role myself, but it's because Cable won't just be a supporting character in Deadpool. He'll be lead in X-Force amongst other things. The deal was said to be big and with multiple IP's. It's a Marvel studios like contract. So Fox likely want's someone who has draw.

But really who has a draw nowadays?

And if he was well received in Deadpool, then whoever they cast as Cable would be fine to lead X-Force, which would probably feature another big draw with Deadpool anyway.

EDIT: I know you don't agree with the studio, I'm just stating out out loud

But really who has a draw nowadays?

And if he was well received in Deadpool, then whoever they cast as Cable would be fine to lead X-Force, which would probably feature another big draw with Deadpool anyway.

I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"