Deadpool 2 Tim Miller exits Deadpool 2

Honestly this happens all the time. We just don't hear about it. It's very surprising that this stuff has all came out.

Yes you guys, X2 is another sequel that's better than the original.

Well there it is, I don't think Deadpool was great. I don't even think it wanted to be a great movie, just a great time, which was part of the fun. So I stand by my statement, making a movie as good as the first is still within reach. I'm not dismissing Miller or downplaying the importance of the director, I just don't think the first one set a super high bar.

My biggest concern here is that Reynolds seems to be calling the shots, and I don't feel he's got what it takes to make it work.
I'd suggest watching the opening and "Deadpool Rap" and "Calendar Girl" montages again. No "capable director" makes those scenes work like they do. It is rather clear who the MVP of the film is, and it isn't any Reynolds.

Well there it is, I don't think Deadpool was great. I don't even think it wanted to be a great movie, just a great time, which was part of the fun. So I stand by my statement, making a movie as good as the first is still within reach. I'm not dismissing Miller or downplaying the importance of the director, I just don't think the first one set a super high bar.

My biggest concern here is that Reynolds seems to be calling the shots, and I don't feel he's got what it takes to make it work.

I do think it was great. And the problem isn't as much that Reynolds doesn't have what it takes to make it work (because maybe he has), but that you lose a lot without a director's vision.

In my book, Director is King. That's what makes the great movies great.

and reynolds doesn't??? dude stuck with with character for a decade because he loved the character

Tim Miller stuck with Deadpool ever since he got the job in 2011. He championed for the movie to be made as much as Ryan Reynolds.

The test footage he made (and which, it seems, he also leaked) is the only reason the studio greenlit the project.

His expertise in visual effects allowed for the $50 million movie to look much bigger.

He also got his own company, Blur, involved. We owe so much of the design work people loved to them.

It seems like he did free work on the original movie to get the job done, and recently turned down several hot and big projects by other studios because he wanted to do Deadpool 2.

Reynolds deserves credit for the original. So do the writers. But so does Tim Miller. A huge piece of that dream team is gone now.

Die Hard 2 isn't Die Hard. Renny Harlin ain't John McTiernan. And Tim Miller is not going to direct this.

And whoever knows a bit about filmmaking knows that this actually matters. Now, things can be turned around. Maybe a great director jumps in and the sequel turns out great. But right now, this IS a problem. And things aren't very promising for the sequel right now.

I thought Deadpool was better than a good chunk of Marvel Studios movies. I'd put Ant-Man, all of the Captain America movies and Iron Man above it but that's it.

It does. Seems like Ryan Reynolds f***ed up big time on this one. Way to go!

And it's not like I'm really in despair mode. I mean, my life goes on. I'll go out with friends and half an hour and not even think about Deadpool 2 once. But I'm just not looking forward to this as much as I was hours ago. The magic is gone for now. And ironically (being a Deadpool fan), right now I'm much more interested in what Tim Miller is doing next than the Deadpool sequel.

Reynolds is the gate keeper of this and is very protective. Nothing has changed in that regard. Miller never had anywhere near more pull on Deadpool then Reynolds. If they had conflicts that couldn't be resolved creatively who's to say is in the right? All I know is the only reason Deadpool even exists is because of Ryan and his dedication to the character. If he didn't think the right choices were being made then I trust him.

Reynolds brought in and supported Miller in the first place.

Reynolds is the gate keeper of this and is very protective. Nothing has changed in that regard. Miller never had anywhere near more pull on Deadpool then Reynolds. If they had conflicts that couldn't be resolved creatively who's to say is in the right? All I know is the only reason Deadpool even exists is because of Ryan and his dedication to the character. If he didn't think the right choices were being made then I trust him.

Because I saw the first film, I know Miller is right. I don't care why the first movie exist, I care why it was so good and those who can make the sequel of equal if not better quality.

Anyway, I'm gonna repost this:

wksg8y.jpg

Earlier this morning Ryan Reynolds tweeted this, and then took it off. That's after Tim Miller departed (yesterday), and before it was reported.

Do you think that's a jab at Tim Miller's departure? Seems a bit passive-aggressive if it is, doesn't it?

This is true, but Miller still played a huge part. I'm leery of an actor seemingly having more creative control of a project then a filmmaker.

I'd suggest watching the opening and "Deadpool Rap" and "Calendar Girl" montages again. No "capable director" makes those scenes work like they do.

I actually bought the blu-ray and rewatched the film about a week ago. Those montages are all fun, and to reiterate I do think the movie is a great time, but I don't think it comes close to being a great movie.

It is rather clear who the MVP of the film is, and it isn't any Reynolds.

That much we certainly agree on.

I thought Deadpool was better than a good chunk of Marvel Studios movies. I'd put Ant-Man, all of the Captain America movies and Iron Man above it but that's it.
It would definitely be in my top 5 MCU movies. Where, not sure, but it is up there with TWS and Civil War.

Its sad news. I understand why FOX would side with Reynolds. Marvel would side with RDJ if they were in a similar situation. No hard feelings between FOX and Miller thankfully.

Deadpool is going to comment on this drama in the film itself I'm sure lol.

Because I saw the first film, I know Miller is right. I don't care why the first movie exist, I care why it was so good and those who can make the sequel of equal if not better quality.

Sorry but I have followed this project way too long. This was Reynolds project more then anyones by a long shot. I don't buy for a second that the choices Reynolds made as producer, actor and choosing creative the team doesn't have anything to do with the films quality. That's just nonsense.

His input here was felt the most from pre production to marketing. He's always been making the decisions for the character and film post Origins. He is and has been the one making the creative decisions.

Last edited:
Do you think that's a jab at Tim Miller's departure?
Probably.
Seems a bit passive-aggressive if it is, doesn't it?
Yes, in line with the character Reynolds is playing.
Guess he's still not out of character.

Anyway, I'm gonna repost this:

wksg8y.jpg

Earlier this morning Ryan Reynolds tweeted this, and then took it off. That's after Tim Miller departed (yesterday), and before it was reported.

Do you think that's a jab at Tim Miller's departure? Seems a bit passive-aggressive if it is, doesn't it?

Hmmmm.

Sorry but I have followed this project way too long. This was Reynolds project more then anyones by a long shot. I don't buy for a second that the choices Reynolds made as producer, actor and choosing creative the team doesn't have anything to do with the films quality. That's just nonsense.

His input here was felt the most from pre production to marketing. He's always been making the decisions for the character and film post Origins.
Putting people in place isn't nearly as important as what those people do. If producers can make movies themselves, why do you need writers and directors again?

If Reynolds is some sort of creative genius why didn't he write and direct the movie himself?

Some people are giving Reynolds way too much credit for the movie's quality.

Some people are giving Reynolds way too much credit for the movie's quality.

He is the main creative force here. What has ever told us differently?
Putting people in place isn't nearly as important as what those people do. If producers can make movies themselves, why do you need writers and directors again?

If Reynolds is some sort of creative genius why didn't he write and direct the movie himself?

He did write it along side Reese and Wernick, and I'm more then sure his input played heavily into the directing as well. Which will happen again.

Ryan Reynolds deserves credit for fighting so much to get the movie made and getting the right writers and director. Tim Miller deserves credit for actually making the movie.

Funny how this board was singing a much different tune a year ago. We have all known he has had pretty much final say on the story and creative side of things with this property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"