Deadpool 2 Tim Miller exits Deadpool 2

Okay, while it sucks about Miller's departure, it's not the end of the world. They'll get another director and I would wager that the writing team and Reynolds will have some influence and try to continue what made the first one so memorable. And given the success of this one, I doubt those making the creative decisions would get some hack or a director that wouldn't be able to deliver an experience similar to the one we got with the first film.

So yeah, people can and will vent now, but the work picks up again soon and we'll begin speculating on the next director. All we can do now is wait.
Nobody's saying it's the end of the world but we can look into whether it's a sign of something not good.

I understand why people who think that Ryan Reynolds wrote, directed designed the costumes and held the boom mic aren't worried.

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing. I never cared about this project or kept up to date for the past decade like the others on here.

Sorry but I have followed this project way too long. This was Reynolds project more then anyones by a long shot. I don't buy for a second that the choices Reynolds made as producer, actor and choosing creative the team doesn't have anything to do with the films quality. That's just nonsense.
:cwink:

Can I assume this has something to do with whether Tim wanted Cable or didn't want him?
Absolutely nothing. I never cared about this project or kept up to date for the past decade like the others on here.

I really don't understand this boards change of opinion, and don't even want to get into it. Enjoy the speculation.
Then what are you doing here? :oldrazz:

Well, if Wrap's article is true, that's what I was suspecting. Casting choices were involved too. No Chandler then. :( Damn. And most likely no McKenzie Davis (though they have some decent alternatives).

i like chandler alot but he feels like the wrong choice not outside the box like heath ledger chandler seems too nice and too all american boy scout for someone like cable

I really don't understand this boards change of opinion, and don't even want to get into it. Enjoy the speculation.
You following the project has little to do with what a director does. A producer can tell you anything, it is up to the director whether it works or not.

Funny how this board was singing a much different tune a year ago. We have all known he has had pretty much final say on the story and creative side of things with this property.

funny huh and do people forget ryan reynolds is the one to chose and championed to FOX for tim miller to direct deadpool

Then what are you doing here? :oldrazz:

Main reason I joined SHH was because of Deadpool. There have been about 10 years of interviews discussing how critical Reynolds was during this whole process.

To say he doesn't have major creative control here on the final product is just absurd imo. I just don't understand the reversal that this was never the case so quickly. Nor do I think it needs explaining, as this has been well known since Reynolds brought on Reese and Wernick and his involvement in the script was discussed by all 3.
funny huh and do people forget ryan reynolds is the one to chose and championed to FOX for tim miller to direct deadpool

It appears they are starting to.

Last edited:
For all we know the direction Tim was going in might not be the best. It's easy to say that Ryan is the one who is bad but he loves this world and character just as much if not more then Tim. The direction Tim could have been taking it might have actually not been good after all. It's easy to say he's the director and knows what he's doing but maybe having more freedom now since money won't be as much of an issue is giving him too much freedom to do whatever he wants and it's not what the writers, Ryan and Fox want. There's two sides to the story here.

The Wrap has some new info. Supposedly the creative differences were Miller wanting the Sequel to be more stylized, and possibly because he wanted Kyle Chandler as Cable.

For all we know the direction Tim was going in might not be the best. It's easy to say that Ryan is the one who is bad but he loves this world and character just as much if not more then Tim. The direction Tim could have been taking it might have actually not been good after all. It's easy to say he's the director and knows what he's doing but maybe having more freedom now since money won't be as much of an issue is giving him too much freedom to do whatever he wants and it's not what the writers, Ryan and Fox want. There's two sides to the story here.
Actually it's easier to take Reynolds side because he is a famous media trained movie star who talks to the media and fans far more than an anonymous director.

Personally I am ultimately #TeamGoodFilm.

Last edited:
The Wrap has some new info. Supposedly the creative differences were Miller wanting the Sequel to be more stylized, and possibly because he wanted Kyle Chandler as Cable.

We were talking about this for like 3-4 pages now.

Just as I and most thought it wasnt "Nyah evil FOX"

I mean Chandler is a great actor. I think he woudlve been a good Cable but Im not heartbroken that he wouldnt get it. Sucks though that they couldn't work it out.
The tone thing was interesting too, how MIller wanted to make it more "stylized"

Sounds like it's a thing between the actor and director and not the studio. I don't see this as an "Oh Fox" situation.

Just as I and most thought it wasnt "Nyah evil FOX"

I mean Chandler is a great actor. I think he woudlve been a good Cable but Im not heartbroken that he wouldnt get it. Sucks though that they couldn't work it out.
The tone thing was interesting too, how MIller wanted to make it more "stylized"
I love Kyle. He's such a talented actor but they really should be going after someone who is going to be able to really match Ryan which I can't see Kyle doing. There is comedy too that factors into this movie. Not only that but the role of Cable it's a big deal and you need someone who's gonna be in this for the long game for possible future movies. I can kind of get why Ryan wouldn't want Kyle for the role. And the word stylized. It's such a blanket term it could mean anything when it comes to movie making.

Apparently Reynolds forgot as well. Or do we just ignore what the trades say? Or the fact that he couldn't get the movie made until Miller made it so.

This says it all:

This parting of ways should have both fans and the studio spooked. After all, Miller’s fingerprints are all over the first film, which was a surprise box office smash hit. Per Box Office Mojo, “Deadpool” hauled in north of $782 million globally on a budget of $58 million. Domestically, the comic book adaptation made $363 million.

Losing Tim Miller is definitely a gut punch! :(

What he did with the first film and how he accomplished it on a shoe string budget was downright incredible. Not to mention I absolutely loved the Blur Studio aesthetic and was hoping it would be prevalent, throughout the franchise.

The sequel could still turn out great but It's going to be a completely different film, than what we would have gotten with Tim & his Blur team.

Also, I'm really disappointed with Ryan Reynolds. I love the guy as an actor and he IS Deadpool (embodies and channels this role, like no else could) but as a producer he should have never let this happen. A great producer, should protect their director and their vision at all cost, not hinder it and push them out creatively.

I love Kyle. He's such a talented actor but they really should be going after someone who is going to be able to really match Ryan which I can't see Kyle doing. There is comedy too that factors into this movie. Not only that but the role of Cable it's a big deal and you need someone who's gonna be in this for the long game for possible future movies. I can kind of get why Ryan wouldn't want Kyle for the role. And the word stylized. It's such a blanket term it could mean anything when it comes to movie making.

but what is Cable's humor really? He'd be playing a straight man in comparison to Reynolds.

And if we're talking long game then who should they go after? Most of the top fan choices are in their 50s and 60s

I mean it's moot now, but Chandler wouldve been fine.

No not in the sense of humor. It's hard to explain but I feel like the pairing needs to be very smart. The kind of actor they go for too. It's a business after all. Will Kyle be great at Cable. Possibly. Will he and Ryan match each other. It's hard to tell. Also I don't believe they should be going for an actor in that age range. I say someone similar to Ryan's age group. Personally I think Tom Hardy would be the best choice for Cable.

I don't know theres something about the word stylized that's just bugging me. A great sequel like X2, TDK, Spider-Man 2, Winter Soldier etc they build on what's already there. They add to it. Expand the world. Bring in interesting characters with good stories and what not. That's why those sequels are so successful because they take what's there and build on top of it. But completely changing the tone and style to me which sounds like what Tim is trying to do, doesn't sound good. Because you're taking a hugely successful movie and then you want to change the formula up. It could be either really good or really bad. You don't just wanna flip it on it's head because you have more money to play with. That's what I'm getting from this anyway. I'm most likely wrong but I hope people get what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"