Tim Sale's Work

rory_bat

Are You Watching Closely?
Reaction score
Hey, I am a big Tim Sale fan and I am trying to track down a list of all of the Batman (and Batman related) issues that he has illsutrated (besides the big graphic novels). Can anyone help me out?? It would be much appreciated...:woot:

haunted knight
long halloween
dark victory
catwoman when in rome

he may of had a story in one of the batman black and white volumes. cant remember if there was a batman story in his issue of Solo. for a while he was doing covers for a batman title, but they werent all that impressive.

yeah, he did a story in Black and White Volume 2

They just released a nice hard back volume of his Batman work, different stories and shorts that show a nice evolution of his art. Some of the stories suck, but Tim is my favorite Batman artist, so it's worth it to me.

Tim Sale is my favourite Batman artist, so i also try to track down every Batman story he has illustrated. The New Hardcover book is really good, as it contains alot of stories all illustrated by Sale, and his Black and White story from Batman Black and White Volume 2

They just released a nice hard back volume of his Batman work, different stories and shorts that show a nice evolution of his art. Some of the stories suck, but Tim is my favorite Batman artist, so it's worth it to me.
Anyone else read the new Tim Sale Batman hardcover? How is it ?

Anyone else read the new Tim Sale Batman hardcover? How is it ?

Its great if you like Tim Sale's artwork. The stories vary in quality, and the artwork does change slightly from story to story as they are all from different points in Tim Sale's career. The Black and White story is one of my personal favourites from the novel. Great interaction between Batman and The Joker

Personally I'm not a big fan of Tim Sale's work but his use of shadows to create moods is awesome, I was re-reading Long Halloween and Sale's use of creepy atmospheric panels makes Batman and the cast come alive, he needs to work on the faces though.

I like most of his stuff - it bugs me that he falls into the 'I'm-gonna-draw-Batman-as-a-nude-guy-painted gray' camp (I've always geared towards the more realistic approaches to Batman's suit - Mazzucchelli, Miller, Pope, and Bermejo are among my favorites), but then he does it better than most. I'll take him over Simon Bisley any day.

Legends Of The Dark Knight - Blades

Nope just the covers, I wish that was true!

It's not Batman, but I just picked up Superman for All Seasons. Looks great, though I can't speak for the story yet.

Superman For All Seasons is a great Year One-ish story. And Sale's art is fantastic in it.

I remember he also drew Bats for a couple of pages in Batman/Superman #25 if you're really interested in tracking down all his Batman work.

Hey y'all I'm new to the i'm new too the forums I really should do a proper post in the intro thread but i couldn't go past dishing out some Tim Sale praise. Sale is awesome, the combination of his excellent use of shadow along with his entertaining use of scale (Batmans huge hands throwing gangsters around by there faces or him towering over Penquin in Long Halloween / Dark Victory or Catwoman kicking The Riddlers tiny ass in When in Rome, just great. I've actually only seen Sale's with Loeb (all seasons/rome/dark victory/halloween) has anyone read Daredevil: Yellow or Hulk: Grey?? (both "Year One" type stories) , Sale uses the exact same style as his Gotham comics, looks great never read them though.

I wouldn't call Tim Sale crap, as that's extreme, but I am not a fan of his Batman rendition, though his work on Heroes I've found to be ace.
I dunno, I'm not a fan of his Joker either they're just too... Rob Liefield-ish.

I dont like his Joker either, but it's not Leifield-ish at all. The body is fine. He just exaggerates the jaw too much. And every time he gets punched, half his teeth seem to break off...

I dont like his Joker either, but it's not Leifield-ish at all. The body is fine. He just exaggerates the jaw too much. And every time he gets punched, half his teeth seem to break off...

I don't like his Joker either, or his Riddler. However, he draws fantastic versions of the Mad Hatter, the Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze and Two-Face, and my favourite ever rendition of Catwoman. His Spider-Man is also wonderful, very John Romita Sr.

sale_spider-manblue.jpg

Never been too much of a fan of his Batman drawings especially Long Halloween.

I think perhaps his greatest work is on Catwoman: When In Rome... especially the covers.

I don't like his Joker either, or his Riddler. However, he draws fantastic versions of the Mad Hatter, the Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze and Two-Face, and my favourite ever rendition of Catwoman. His Spider-Man is also wonderful, very John Romita Sr.

sale_spider-manblue.jpg
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Spider-Man: Blue.

I think perhaps his greatest work is on Catwoman: When In Rome... especially the covers.

Absolutely :up:. The wash treatment he did on some of the panels, and the colour use, was truly phenomenal.

sale_spider-manblue.jpg

Oh god yes. Spider-Man: Blue, along with Ultimate Spider-Man, were the 2 books that got me back into comics after I stopped reading them for a long time because of the Clone Saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"