Tired of Truth Commercials

chaseter

Esteemed Member
Reaction score
Who else is tired of the 'Truth' commercials? I am sick and tired of all the preaching they are doing. It is someone's choice to smoke or not to smoke...quit badgering the cigarette companies. I like the one commercial where they mention that cigarette companies donated money to a food charity to feed starving people but then spent more in advertisements saying on what good they did. Well...if Truth didn't spend millions of dollars advertising in television, radio, and print media against these companies...why couldn't they just donate all that wasted money to something better like feeding starving kids in Africa??? They would save more lives by donating 1 million dollars to 'Feed the Children' than they would save by telling Americans that cigarettes kill.

I smoke and sadly, every "anti-smoking" commercial I've ever seen has only served to remind me..."Oh YEAH! YOU SMOKE!" and I've gone to get my pack.

But if one anti-smoking ad makes one kid steer clear of it, then they're all priceless.

I've tried to quit thrice. Cigarettes should be illegal if cocaine and heroin are.
We KNOW that they kill, we KNOW that the manufacturers use additives in order to make them more addictive.
And here we are, here I am, literally with a smoke in my left hand.

And I know it will kill me.
And I love life more than anything.
And I'm looking forward to getting done with this sentence so I can take another puff.

My life would've been saved if the tobacco companies weren't so profitable and therefore so influential.
F*** you for wanting obscure the truth.:down

chaseter said:
Who else is tired of the 'Truth' commercials? I am sick and tired of all the preaching they are doing. It is someone's choice to smoke or not to smoke...quit badgering the cigarette companies. I like the one commercial where they mention that cigarette companies donated money to a food charity to feed starving people but then spent more in advertisements saying on what good they did. Well...if Truth didn't spend millions of dollars advertising in television, radio, and print media against these companies...why couldn't they just donate all that wasted money to something better like feeding starving kids in Africa??? They would save more lives by donating 1 million dollars to 'Feed the Children' than they would save by telling Americans that cigarettes kill.

That would be too much like right.

^^ my dad quit smoking. he'd been smoking since 16 and quit at 42. if he can do it anyone can. cold turkey too.

Somebody's gotta say it... somebody's gotta...

Okay, I will.

"I'm TIRED of the TRUTH!"
"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!"

sp1derg1rl said:
^^ my dad quit smoking. he'd been smoking since 16 and quit at 42. if he can do it anyone can. cold turkey too.
well how many times did he try to quit between ages 16 and 42!:(:confused:

I made it 8 days and instead of getting easier, it only got harder!:mad:

Wilhelm-Scream said:

he tried about 4 times that i recall. probably more before i was born.

hes been off for 4 years and he says he still feels like a smoke.

he eats sugarfree lollies to 'substitute', as he says. sugarfree coz he's diabetic

Eh, I know plenty of people who are well into old age, and they're healthy and they also happend to smoke. For example, my mom works at this old folks home. I think this one is the oldest one there. Somewhere in her 90s. She's been smoking for ages and still does. In fact she's a chain smoker.She also happends to be one of the healthiest there. So I'm not that worried about the effects of me smoking so far.

besides, I don't want to ever be stuck in a wheelchair with nothing to do but drool. So if smoking cuts those years off, I'm not missing that much.

How many non smokers actually poeted here. Cigarettes should be banned, everywhere. It's a disgusting habit.

Tired of Truth Commercials

That's exactly what the tabacco companies want.

Also I like some of them, but the whole seeing it a bunch of times gets annoying.

dialog-vega3.gif
I love those commercials!! It really pisses off the Tobacco companies!! You guys have to realize that the primary target of the commercials isn't the smokers. It's the tobacco companies by exposing the truth about them.

...Depsite the info being available for 50+ years, from the medical field...

i just cant stand the "whaddafxup" ones with the guy with the funky hair :down

Wilhelm-Scream said:

It does get harder, it takes 5 days to start a habit, 21 to break it.

I quit cold turkey as well, in some parts due to the Truth commercials. I have to go to work now but I'll post my views later.

Bottom line. Truth = good. When faced with the reality of how bad you or your actions really are, people react negatively. It's human nature or something.

If someone told me *********ing is bad, I'd kick their ass.

I've no problem if people decide to smoke. I've yet to encounter a person forced to smoke

E. Bison said:
dialog-vega3.gif
I love those commercials!! It really pisses off the Tobacco companies!! You guys have to realize that the primary target of the commercials isn't the smokers. It's the tobacco companies by exposing the truth about them.

Exactly! I can't believe it took 16 posts to bring up that point...then again, not everyone here is as wise as the great Bison.

At any rate, he is absolutely right. Don't see them as a way of telling you what to do or a waste of money. They are slowly but surely turning public interest against the Tobacco companies, and sooner or later, regardless of how much money the Tobacco industry gives politicians, the government WILL have to do something about it, once the public becomes outraged enough.

Addendum said:
...Depsite the info being available for 50+ years, from the medical field...

Funny, isn't it? Everyone knows, no one cares. Then someone throws it in their faces through TV and suddenly smoking rates are at an all time low, it is becoming practically illegal to smoke indoors, etc.

I have no problem with a person killing themselve. My problem is that there is such a thing as Second hand smoke. Which could kill me. Not cool.

Maximum_Carnage said:
I have no problem with a person killing themselve. My problem is that there is such a thing as Second hand smoke. Which could kill me. Not cool.

To be fair to the other side, from what I understand, second hand smoke statistics are greatly exaggerated by the anti-smoking lobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"