TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find it hilarious that so many folks complained about the SR suit not being classic enough but rave about this suit.

The Jor-El suit looks good and full of detail.

Can't tell for sure, but is that a knife at the left of Faora's waist?

I still find it hilarious that so many folks complained about the SR suit not being classic enough but rave about this suit.

The Jor-El suit looks good and full of detail.

I was a detractor of the SR suit at first but in the end I really ended up loving it -- all of it. But at the time of it's reveal, my issue was that it was trying to be classic but was just missing the mark. That, and they didn't do themselves any favors with that poor photo.

With MOS, it's obvious that they are trying to do something new and different so that opens to doors to more possibility for me.

Now one thing learned from SR is that the suit had little to do with the film's lack of blockbuster success. With MOS, I'm excited to something different from what we've seen before (I stress SEEN and not READ), which clearly goes for the suit. But more importantly, I just want a good story regardless of what the suit looks like.

Zod's battle suit will be CGI

He has a battle suit only? :huh: Im sure he must wear something else too, I doubt they would get Michael Shannon to play the role if he was only in a CGI robot suit. I hope so anyway.

Supes looks great. The others are ok although I'm not too keen on the Medieval dark fantasy-thing going on. I'm speaking mostly of Faora's armor which looks like the bride of Sauron. Villains in black? Really? I hope Zod's has a card up its sleeve.

I was OK with the Superman Returns suit, but this MOS one just screams Superman much more to me, for some reason.

Can't tell for sure, but is that a knife at the left of Faora's waist?

Definitely looks like it...

Faora's costume:

hr_Licensing_Expo_2012_3.jpg

All from http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91423

I was OK with the Superman Returns suit, but this MOS one just screams Superman much more to me, for some reason.

That's because it actually looks cool and not like a homemade costume. And the emblem is tons better than the SR-one.

The Superman suit looks great! Still not sure about medieval Jor-El / Krypton, but I'm sure glad we're getting another look at costume. Faora's armor is following that neo-medieval pattern, naturally, but it also looks very alien.

That's because it actually looks cool and not like a homemade costume. And the emblem is tons better than the SR-one.

The SR emblem was ok in design, but too small on the suit. All in all that suit just didn't have the presence and was quite forgettable. Not terrible, not great, it was just there. Kind of like the movie. Just indifference really.

Those are some sexy costumes.

The look dark, gritty and badass.

Superman's costume looks like warrior attire. Perhaps that's what they're going for.

I love the use of dark navy instead of blue. It makes the trunk-less look work.

The SR emblem was ok in design, but too small on the suit. All in all that suit just didn't have the presence and was quite forgettable. Not terrible, not great, it was just there. Kind of like the movie. Just indifference really.

You're right. The suit was definitely ok, but it lacked presence like you said with the emblem being too small as well. It just didnt boast the same confidence this suit does. This suit wants to kick ass in comparison. And again, the material used changes everything.

He has a battle suit only? :huh: Im sure he must wear something else too, I doubt they would get Michael Shannon to play the role if he was only in a CGI robot suit. I hope so anyway.

Oh he has a suit like Superman's but they haven't revealed it. If that's the suit you're talking about I guess they would reveal it coming up soon. But he does have a battle suit that will be CGI because he said it's too big for him to physically wear and he wouldn't be able to move in it

Oh he has a suit like Superman's but they haven't revealed it. If that's the suit you're talking about I guess they would reveal it coming up soon. But he does have a battle suit that will be CGI because he said it's too big for him to physically wear and he wouldn't be able to move in it

Oh, ok, got it! Sounds awesome! So Superman will also face a bigger obstacle, Zod in a battle suit. That should please all those who wanted to see Lex in the battle suit or Metallo or so. It's basically all the same, big Robots (If it's so big that he wouldn't be able to move I assume it's some type of robot suit, lol) or people in Robot suits against Superman, sometimes with Kryptonite in the suits. Hey, I wonder if Zod's battle suit will have some type of advanced Kryptonian weaponry, like lasers and things. Kids love to watch that kind of stuff in action so it could be profitable for the studio!

The emblem was small because Routh had a small chest. Cavill has a full chest with pecks and muscles galore. When Routh had his shirtless scene in the hospital you couldn't see any definition in his arms. He didn't look like a SUPERman

I actually like Faora's costume the best.....

But Zod's battle-suit would be useless, I imagine, unless IT is super-powered by the sun as well? so would all the kryptonian armor.

Oh, ok, got it! Sounds awesome! So Superman will also face a bigger obstacle, Zod in a battle suit. That should please all those who wanted to see Lex in the battle suit or Metallo or so. It's basically all the same, big Robots (If it's so big that he wouldn't be able to move I assume it's some type of robot suit, lol) or people in Robot suits against Superman, sometimes with Kryptonite in the suits. Hey, I wonder if Zod's battle suit will have some type of advanced Kryptonian weaponry, like lasers and things. Kids love to watch that kind of stuff in action so it could be profitable for the studio!

I imagine it will look something similar to this

supermanvszod.jpg

Very cool pics.... although I'm still not crazy about the overly padded upper legs on the Superman suit. They looked kinda odd in that very early street shot, and they look odd here.

Hopefully it'll look a bit more natural in the actual movie.

Looks like Faora's suit has some elements of Tyzor's suit.

1020_SUPERMAN_Tyzor01.jpg

This style I would've liked better tbh. Looks more alien and less stereotypical.

The emblem was small because Routh had a small chest. Cavill has a full chest with pecks and muscles galore. When Routh had his shirtless scene in the hospital you couldn't see any definition in his arms. He didn't look like a SUPERman
Routh’s chest was big enough. The shield had to be smaller than usual because of its rigid construction; anything larger would have interfered with natural movement. Not a problem for the MOS version - which appears to be “flexible.”

Routh’s chest was big enough. The shield had to be smaller than usual because of its rigid construction; anything larger would have interfered with natural movement. Not a problem for the MOS version - which appears to be “flexible.”

true, but I still think Routh should have worked his upper body out more. He looked less than super

I imagine it will look something similar to this

supermanvszod.jpg

I forgot about Zod being in that run.

Also maybe there's a chance the CGI suit might be something akin to Kryptonian Armor suit from Return of Superman.
I don't know, maybe something to seed for sequels.

(Actually that might be on the border of fanboy speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"