TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find it hilarious that so many folks complained about the SR suit not being classic enough but rave about this suit.

The Jor-El suit looks good and full of detail.

My problem with the SR-suit is far from it not being "classic" enough, I just didn't like it that much. MoS-suit is miles better in my opinion.

the "texture" of the MOS suit makes the suit look less "flimsy" than a simple spandex/leotard.

the red trunks would have looked totally out of place with this suit ( and in context with the other Kryptonian suits ). However, they still could have found a way to incorporate the red color of the trunks in that area of the suit.

I'm still a bit iffy on all the "line" designs covering the suit. I guess I'm waiting to see how they look in an official movie still, or, better yet, in action in a trailer or clip.

I forgot about Zod being in that run.

Also maybe there's a chance the CGI suit might be something akin to Kryptonian Armor suit from Return of Superman.
I don't know, maybe something to seed for sequels.

(Actually that might be on the border of fanboy speculation)

I have that run....it's pretty good, or at least I enjoyed it

I still find it hilarious that so many folks complained about the SR suit not being classic enough but rave about this suit.

Agreed. It looks terrible, and I know i'll get blasted for saying it, but I don't care. I've been around long enough to know better.

The suit is just not good looking at all. It in no way screams "Superman" to me, it screams "Hollywood director wants to try something edgy" and it ruins an iconic character more then DC already has in the past 2 years.

People say the other one looked homemade? Thats the idea. Its supposed to look that way. If you want techy lookin, go to Batman. If you want organic alien lookin, go to Green Lantern. Call me a holdout, call me old school, but thats how I see it.

The Lois and Clark costume was the best yet.

what the f f flash.!

Guess they never heard of a polarized filter...

...funny, the suit still has a bulge!

d0761e26b4b411e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Damn, what a nice suit. I cannot wait to see more stuff from this film.

...guess it was a prosthetic belly on Crowe!
Licensing_Expo_2012_44.jpg

Is it me or is the cape ...velvet?

hr_Licensing_Expo_2012_42.jpg

Wait, shouldn't that say and "Produced by Christopher Nolan, the director of the Dark Knight Trilogy"....

Maybe I'm being nitpicky but obviously Nolan did more for those films and I think mainstream people who don't know Nolan on a name basis would think to themselves "holy crap, the DIRECTOR of those films is PRODUCING this?!"

Just a thought...

Agreed. It looks terrible, and I know i'll get blasted for saying it, but I don't care. I've been around long enough to know better.

The suit is just not good looking at all. It in no way screams "Superman" to me, it screams "Hollywood director wants to try something edgy" and it ruins an iconic character more then DC already has in the past 2 years.

People say the other one looked homemade? Thats the idea. Its supposed to look that way. If you want techy lookin, go to Batman. If you want organic alien lookin, go to Green Lantern. Call me a holdout, call me old school, but thats how I see it.

red and blue? check...big red S on the chest? check...long red cape? check...red trunks? nope. It looks like Superman to me. So what about it doesn't scream Superman? because it has texture to it and the lack of trunks? pretty ****** reasons if you ask me

I wonder what Lara's costume will look like. I kinda wish they would have put some green on Jor-El's.

Cool story bro! :whatever:

Wait, shouldn't that say and "Produced by Christopher Nolan, the director of the Dark Knight Trilogy"....

Maybe I'm being nitpicky but obviously Nolan did more for those films and I think mainstream people who don't know Nolan on a name basis would think to themselves "holy crap, the DIRECTOR of those films is PRODUCING this?!"

Just a thought...

I don't think you're being nitpicky. They should fix that.

I mean technically Nolan did produce the Dark Knight Trilogy, but the GA should know he directed, produced and co-wrote them as well.

I don't know, maybe I'm being nitpicky too.

I mean technically Nolan did produce the Dark Knight Trilogy, but the GA should know he directed, produced and co-wrote them as well.

I think they're just trying to keep it simple.

I love how the shield accentuates the powerful "V" of the mannequin (and hopefully Cavill) in that lighting. It makes me love the shape and design of the shield more.

My guess is that they didn't want to confuse people, who could think that both Snyder and Nolan directed MOS.

"From the director of 300 and Watchmen, and the director of the Dark Knight trilogy" could sound kinda tricky to some people.

what I like about the suit is that you could hang this suit side by side with the TDKR suit ( and the Green Lantern "suit"), and it would look like they coexisted in the same world.

much more so than if you placed the SR suit next to the TDKR suit.

oh, and I could totally see the suit hanging in a chamber in the FOS in the film just like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"