Guardians of the Galaxy To Infinity and Beyond: The Thanos Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

REDACTED
Reaction score
So... with the big guy being set up as a major player in the MCU, what do you want to see from him?

Should he be the main villain here, a side villain, or just backstory fodder for Drax and Gamora?

Who should voice and mocap him?

Infinity Guantlet or no?

87hYD.jpg

I'd rather see Annihilus be the bad guy actually. Thanos might be busy with the Avengers

As this by all accounts is acting as a lead in to Avengers 2, Thanos has to be involved.

I say he should be mentioned and involved, but not the direct threat to the Guardians. If they defeat Thanos before Avengers 2, then Thanos looks weaker. If the Guardians lose, the film probably thematically suffers and ends up solely as an Avengers 2 lead up with little purpose.

They should have Thanos pulling the strings using other cosmic villains to gather resources for another invasion of Earth. GotG show up and stop whichever villain they choose but Thanos is already on his way to Earth.

For some reason, I think GotG has an Empire Strikes Back ending where they lose but there's still hope. I also think they have one of the Guardians show up to Earth to warn them of an upcoming invasion and they'll have someone steal the Infinity Gauntlet in the Thor sequel.

For some reason, I still don't rule out Nova being in this movie.

Ron Perlman would make a great Thanos IMO..he has the voice and a penchant for these type of characters..lol

vincent99.jpg

Ron-Perlman-as-Hellboy.jpg

perlman2.jpg

4b9cae27c3f50-1.jpg

he also did some voice work for old 90's superhero cartoons, like the bruce banner/hulk

Thanos is the main reason I'm hyped about GotG. He is Marvel's ultimate villain and premiere cosmic threat (Galactus excluded), so it will be exciting to see him in action. The guy killed half of all life in the universe as an offering to Death itself, which has to make him the greatest and most ambitious mass murderer ever conceived of. If the writer stays true to Thanos' character the films will be epic.

The one thing that I find disappointing is that neither of Thanos' two arch enemies, the real Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock, are going to be in the film. The story won't feel complete without them, at least not for me.

Thanos is the main reason I'm hyped about GotG. He is Marvel's ultimate villain and premiere cosmic threat (Galactus excluded), so it will be exciting to see him in action. The guy killed half of all life in the universe as an offering to Death itself, which has to make him the greatest and most ambitious mass murderer ever conceived of. If the writer stays true to Thanos' character the films will be epic.

The one thing that I find disappointing is that neither of Thanos' two arch enemies, the real Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock, are going to be in the film. The story won't feel complete without them, at least not for me.

I honestly think that we haven't seen the whole cast yet. Personally, I don't know how Marvel does this movie without including Nova somehow. It would be the perfect place to introduce him. Then again, one might thing that Nova and Star Lord are too much alike in a sense and that wouldn't work.

We're still not sure how much actual combat Thanos might see in the film, or if he is the direct threat.

I think Thanos is the puppet master behind some type of Annihilation Wave event in space.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing them take on Thanos and lose in the end and set up Avengers 2 where Thanos comes knocking on Earth's door. Though at the same time, it seems pretty lame that Avengers 2 would be another alien invasion type thing.

I think Thanos is the puppet master behind some type of Annihilation Wave event in space.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing them take on Thanos and lose in the end and set up Avengers 2 where Thanos comes knocking on Earth's door. Though at the same time, it seems pretty lame that Avengers 2 would be another alien invasion type thing.

That's why I want Thanos to come solo. No cloned henchmen cuz he surely doesn't need them. I think that'll help his attack stand out from the alien invasion we got in the first Avengers movie.

I think that may happen, especially with the Infinith Gauntlet if it makes an appearance.

I'm hoping my personal theory of Thanos not being a villain but a pseudoally pans out. It wouldn't exactly be unprecedented. Not to mention that using him as an ally allows them to show off how badass Thanos is without having him kick the crap out of the Guardians of the Galaxy. I could see Thanos teaming up with them to deal with a threat like the Universal Church of Truth or some other enemy, particularly if that enemy is in possession of an Infinity Gem, and he needs help in order to wrest control of that gem away from its owner. That, IMO, would be an ideal way to go about things.

Interesting. Never thought of that really. Good idea.

I think that may happen, especially with the Infinith Gauntlet if it makes an appearance.

The gauntlet was in Odin's trophy room right? Not that that little Easter Egg matters, just askin.

I'm hoping my personal theory of Thanos not being a villain but a pseudoally pans out. It wouldn't exactly be unprecedented. Not to mention that using him as an ally allows them to show off how badass Thanos is without having him kick the crap out of the Guardians of the Galaxy. I could see Thanos teaming up with them to deal with a threat like the Universal Church of Truth or some other enemy, particularly if that enemy is in possession of an Infinity Gem, and he needs help in order to wrest control of that gem away from its owner. That, IMO, would be an ideal way to go about things.

Those guys and the Badoon would be awesome to see.

The Avengers worked so well because we weren't introduced really to people we didn't already know aside from Hawkeye (whos cameo in thor doesn't really count). Make no mistake the formula will continue. Thanos=Loki /Infinity Gauntlet=Cosmic Cube respectively. The build up is what made the Avengers work so well.

They also said Nova was going to be in this and while I believe that will eventually be the case as of right now, it's not.

I say he should be mentioned and involved, but not the direct threat to the Guardians. If they defeat Thanos before Avengers 2, then Thanos looks weaker. If the Guardians lose, the film probably thematically suffers and ends up solely as an Avengers 2 lead up with little purpose.

I say sort of go the Thanos Imperative route with him.

btw, i have been waiting for this thread for a LONGGGGGGGGGg time :woot:

See what I think, when Thanos does have his movie as the BIG BAD. It won't be an Earth attack.

I think it will be more of The Avengers being the ones, with the help of Warlock (hopefully he's introduced at that point) trying to stop him from destroying the universe, or wiping out life.

because
1. I will be disappointed if Thanos' goals in the end are just to destroy earth.

2. We already know he is going to operate on a universal scale. I don't understand why everyone thinks he is going to take over the earth, or try to.

Remember the beginning of the Avengers? When The Other was talking to him about Loki and the Tesseract?

"The world will be his, and the UNIVERSE, yours" This is going over everyone's heads apparently

I don't know about you guys, but to me, that makes it clear that when he is the main villain in an avengers, it won't be another earth story.

Last edited:
I don't see the Avengers going into space though and that's what you're talking about would require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"