The Dark Knight To Monk or not to Monk.

Not too fond of the idea of Monk appearing. He could work as a subplot, but there are MANY other villians I woudl like to see used before him. Plus I really dislike the idea of having Batman shoot someone with a gun (even if it is with a silver bullet). Having his grapple gun was fine, but Batman shouldn't use real guns on people (IMO of course).

I'll make my decision on this after the 6-part "Batman and the Mad Monk" miniseries is released in a few months. It's basically a re-telling of Batman's first encounter with this character, and takes place right after "Batman and the Monster Men" (which was awesome) and during Batman's first year or so. It's a modern comic, so they'll most likely make some creative changes to not seem so corny.

Katsuro said:
I'll make my decision on this after the 6-part "Batman and the Mad Monk" miniseries is released in a few months. It's basically a re-telling of Batman's first encounter with this character, and takes place right after "Batman and the Monster Men" (which was awesome) and during Batman's first year or so. It's a modern comic, so they'll most likely make some creative changes to not seem so corny.

Although Batman's original encounter with the Monk really wasn't too corny... I mean, a bit, I suppose, but it was fairly dark and noirish. It's biggest flaw was that it was done in that low-tech era of Batman when the stories may have been serious but the medium was fairly rough, so the art is a bit dodgy and the writing is rather stiff. Still, it's quite good for what it is. With a little tweaking it can be some rather excellent pulp fiction.

Also, a little known fact, that story marked the first appearance of the bat-grapple, where Batman tied his batarang to the end of his silk rope and used it to grapple out of a pit. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"