To Use or Not to Use Ki Blasts..That is the Question

It could be done like the palm of budha in Kung fu hustler, i wouldn´t mind it, less chessy.

But maybe they give us something amazing so every kid will be playing after the movie.

They better damn well use ki blasts.

Dragonball Z is not something like Batman, that can benefit from a realistic approach. It's freakin Dragonball Z, go nuts with it. I want to see auras around people and everything.

I wonder how the sound effects will be like. They will probably go more with an explosive sound rather than just blasting sounds like the guns in Star Wars movies. As for looks I hope they look similar to the BFG gun blast that was seen in the movie "Doom" (the big ass blue ball looked very realistic).

ok again for the people whos IQ is to low.
a DB movie without Ki blast is like a superman movie without flying.

yeah thats how important this is.

I say yes to ki blasts but dont have too many...there wasnt really alot of ki blasts in DB

Ki is a MUST for all DB movies they dont have to over do it though, just a kamehameha from Goku and Roshi, and a demon beam from Piccolo would suffice IMO maybe even have Roshi try and fail at capturing Piccolo with the evil containment . Each movie should progressively have more Ki it doesnt have to be over done at that start of the franchise. Also I want to see a cool wolf effect if Yamcha does his wolf fang fist

ki blasts almost defines dbz.

we need ki blasts, power ups, teleporting, really fast fighting, flying, and everything. that's the only way it'll feel like dragon ball. taking those things away is like leaving batman with no batmobile, and no gadgets. i guess it's possible, but it just wouldn't be as cool to watch.

If they use it, it better look good. I don't want some half assed special effect like in Street Fighter.

ki blasts almost defines dbz.

we need ki blasts, power ups, teleporting, really fast fighting, flying, and everything. that's the only way it'll feel like dragon ball. taking those things away is like leaving batman with no batmobile, and no gadgets. i guess it's possible, but it just wouldn't be as cool to watch.

This movie is Dragonball not DBZ so we wont see alot of ki blasts, teleporting, really fast fights and much flying

there has to be a ki blast...... or it will end up being superman returns..lol

Volcano High [Wasango] did good with ki blasts. No, not the crappy American rapper dub, but the original, uncut Korean movie was a blast.

gotta have Ki Blasts or else the movie has nothing that really sets it apart from other martial arts films. And he needs to say Kamehameha too. There's something iconic in that. It's a cool catchphrase for an action movie. It would be the new "There can be only one!" for a new generation. ha.

If you look at shaolin soccer it can be done.

Word to Big Bird!

The ONE thing that I can say is awesome so far about DragonBall (Stupid that's it's missing a Z), is that Stephen Chow is producing.

When Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon came out, I was afraid that if they ever got around to making DBZ live-action, they'd go all old-school Kung-Fu movie floaty on it, like using wire-work really obviously. The greatest thing about DBZ is the phenomenal animation that really feels as if dudes are flying around and hitting each other really freakin' hard into the sides of mountains.

Bruce Lee was the first martial artist to really try to capture realism in Kung-Fu movies, and move away from the old wire-work stuff. His movies all looked totally real, and you could feel every hit. I always got the same feeling watching DBZ, even when they were using Ki Blasts.

But man, when I saw Shaolin Soccer for the first time, that last scene blew me away, and totally felt 'heavy' and like all the moves had weight to them. Very Bruce Lee. I just hope that they decide to use 'superpower' type martial arts moves that have weight to them.

In this movie there should be a few, but in the sequel there should be double or triple the amount.

If they took away ki, they would be taking away the major appeal to both hard-core and the general public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"