The Flash Tom Cavanaugh IS Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash - Part 1

Actually I dig seeing him in the show. Having a actor playing a complete tool-yet-useful is refreshing. It's like the guy is free to "disturb" the established CW recipe for soap.
And the enthusiasm of H.R. is, in the end, a strengh. I find it also shows Tom Cavanagh real talent in this season, he's more natural than most of the cast, exception of Jesse L. Martin.
I mean, in the end, there is a show, outthere, where there is a "useless" character ! That's quite refreshing. :up:

Is anybody here a social media friend of anyone involved in the writing?

It is a minor gripe, but can the characters please stop referring to the Season 1 Harrison Wells as Harrison Wells. It is Eobard Thawne.:p

Last edited:
Actually I dig seeing him in the show. Having a actor playing a complete tool-yet-useful is refreshing. It's like the guy is free to "disturb" the established CW recipe for soap.
And the enthusiasm of H.R. is, in the end, a strengh. I find it also shows Tom Cavanagh real talent in this season, he's more natural than most of the cast, exception of Jesse L. Martin.
I mean, in the end, there is a show, outthere, where there is a "useless" character ! That's quite refreshing. :up:

Agreed. Something that hurt Arrow in the long run is that they ended up killing off characters that were played by some of their better actors, or writing them out.

Flash has been smart enough to keep their better actors around. So, yes, while HR isn't really "necessary," Cavanagh is good enough that he makes the character work. Which is smart, because Cavanagh's nuanced portrayal of Wells/Thawne in S1 was probably one of the biggest factors that elevated the show above it's material.

Not sure if anybody watches the TV show on AMC called Comic Book Men, but Tom make a quick appearance on it tonight

We should keep updating the title of this to Tom is Harrison/Harry/HR Wells/Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash/Jessie's dad

And all those other guys he played from different Earths.

Nah, the title should be changed to "Tom Cavanaugh IS. . . Basically Everyone".

So does this mean that we're stuck with HR Wells until 2024 since he was the one who was in Barry's future?

Do we not get other versions of Wells who are scientists or anything else?

Was pretty great to see Cavanaugh return to Wells/Thawne tonight! The best character he’s portrayed on the show!!

Awesome! :D:mrk::mrk:

There's no doubt about it, his best portrayal will always be S1 Thawne. E2 Harry was a nice substitute, but everything that came after that... no.

I would like to see him become Pariah again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"