Tom Hiddleston is Loki

Odin
Sif
Karnilla ? (don't know if she's still in it)
Warriors Three
Balder
Heimdall
etc

Since Brannagh decided to go with unknown actors (aka no big names) for both Thor and Loki, I am pretty pleased so far. Hemsworth won me in those 5 minutes in "Star Trek" and every picture of Hiddleston is pure Loki to me: The eyes, the nose, the small lips, the chin...

I KNEW he'd be Loki :D

Luke works for Namor, too - but they are making THOR now!

looks good I saw him as Churchills son in The Gathering Strom. It was a small role yet he was good. I will take good acting over a big name for the shake of a big name anyday.

Never heard of him. But, like Hemsworth, I'll give him a chance. He certainly looks the part.

Trailers sell movies to the GA as much as big names. I think this movie will be fine as long as it's a good movie and that comes through in their promotions.

hmm... I wonder will this loki have facial hair.. and how they'll create the outfit.. horns or no horns?

ok, i don''t know who this guy is, but he looks exactly how i imagine loki looking n real life. i approve. and he's apparently a serious shakespearian actor. who ever's casting this movie is a genius.

the only role they might need a big name for is odin. both to draw in more viewers, and to give him more of an intimidating/ godly presence that an unknown might have trouble doing.

He is going to let his hair grow out, bulk up a bit I am sure, and with a little make up he is going to look great. And for those of you who have not read the script Loki does wear his gold and green suit, horns and all.

the only role they might need a big name for is odin. both to draw in more viewers, and to give him more of an intimidating/ godly presence that an unknown might have trouble doing.[/QUOTE]

The only people who care about who is going to play Odin are us fanboys, the general public could care less.

Variety's article on the Loki casting:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118003917.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

The cast for "Thor" is starting to fall into place this week, with Tom Hiddleston tapped to play Loki, the mischievous foe of the god of thunder.

Announcement of the up-and-coming British thesp follows Marvel Studios' recent decision to make Chris Hemsworth, currently seen in "Star Trek," its hammer-wielding superhero.

Nicknamed the god of lies and mischief, Loki uses his talents at sorcery to try to kill Thor, his more powerful brother, whom he resents.

Kenneth Branagh, who is prepping to direct "Thor" for a May 20, 2011, release, already had a relationship with Hiddleston, having co-starred with the actor in the BBC miniseries "Wallander." The two were in a London stage production of "Ivanov." Hiddleston also played Winston Churchill's son in HBO's "The Gathering Storm."

Mark Protosevich, Ashley Miller and Zak Stentz penned the script for "Thor."

After hiring bigger names for "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk," Marvel's turned to virtual unknowns for "Thor," a superhero based around Norse mythology.

Marvel says the idea is to help auds ease into the property and get to know the character; an established actor would be a distraction. Successful launch of "Thor" is key for Marvel, considering the character is part of the Avengers (also made up of Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk and Captain America), whom the company wants to team up in a pic planned for 2012.

What I find interesting is that Variety actually paraphrases a quote from Marvel here. It's not a direct quote, or from a named individual, but if taken at face value, this is Marvel themselves commenting on the casting, therefore surely confirming it, right?

They also call it "an announcement." I don't think there has been one.

They apparently sent out a press release regarding the Hiddleston casting

Marvel.com has officiall announced Hiddlestons casting.

This guy looks like how i think Loki would look in live action. Hopefully he has the acting chops to back up the look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"