Smallville Tom Welling - Clark Kent/Superman : The Man Behind The Cape

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
sm10180021.jpg

"I finally know who I am and what I'm meant to do here on Earth."​

Call him Clark Kent or call him Superman, no actor has owned the role of the last son of Krypton longer than Tom Welling.

This Thread is devoted to Tom who showed us a 10 year journey of what it takes to be a Superman .

Last edited:
Thanks tom for all the fond memories of smallville this past decade. He played clark very well had his ups and downs through the years but continued to grow alot.

I don't care what some people say, Tom Welling was awesome in the role of the last son of Krypton.

Tom got a lot of flak over the years. But a lot of it came from people who tuned in to S1, maybe S2, and then never came back.

As an actor, he came into the show with very little acting experience and he matured and grew a huge amount in the 10 years between the Season 1 Premiere, and the Finale. There's a noticeable different in his acting ability in the early seasons and the later ones. Physically, he also matured a huge amount and whilst he had very much a young teenage look in Season 1, by Season 10 he was definitely looking more like Superman than Superboy.

I've got a lot of respect for actors who don't just pick up a paycheque and then head home, or to a party to get high, or whatever they happen to do outside their job. Tom put in a huge amount of hours on the show from day one, and many other actors on the show have mentioned in interviews how hard he worked - above and beyond what he was required to do. And then to top it off, he took on an executive producer role after sitting in production meetings (which he wasn't really meant to be at) at the back of the room just to get some experience. The guy really did just live, work and breathe Smallville for 10 years.

I also think that he's carried the Superman mantle with a lot of dignity in his personal life, just as many of the other Superman actors have done before him. No scandals, happily married, pleasant and nice guy from all accounts. Gives a lot to charities in his spare time but keeps it very low key - there was a story one time about how him and his wife spend a few thousand on Xmas presents every year for a children's charity, but they always do it very discreetly and avoid publicity over it.

So, thumbs up for Mr Welling - if I ever bumped into him in a bar, he's one of the few celebs I'd be honoured to buy a beer. I hope he's successful in whatever future projects he's involved in.

Totally he grow and matured well, and then also became a good director and producer.

I enjoyed tom as clark.

Last edited:
They have done a bunch of those for possible castings for upon. It would be neat to see him appear on the show.

i still think the smallville cast should of moved over to the man of steel but oh well.

I love Tom and definitely hoped to see him as Superman on the big screen. But at the same time, I wouldn't want to see it without the rest of the cast.

Any publicity is good publicity I guess...

funny seems E! is now pimping Tom be cast as the Little Mermaid's Prince Eric in Once Upon a Time.

http://www.eonline.com/photos/gallery.jsp?galleryUUID=4025#150910

Not to go all Jack Mercy on people, but where there's smoke, there's usually fire. SV ended a year ago. Despite appearances, randomness like this rarely comes out of the blue. It's likely Welling's agents have been busy.

I really hope we see Tom in something soon.

Ya will be nice to see tom in some other stuff. We know he wanted some time off as he said in interviews when production wrapped. And probably been working on things if his production company trying more things. We just don't know to things become more confirmed and all that.

It's still kinda hard to believe Tom has only been in three movie and four tv series. Two of his movies where Cheaper by the Dozen and two of the shows he was on was only one episode each.

He was the lead actor and executive producer of a TV series for 10 years, doesn't leave much time for a lot else.

I was wondering something.
In a interview, someone of the show (the last producers I think) mentionned that they had their own idea how to finish the show (with which suit), and that they also had to deal with the original idea of Millar & Gough. I was wondering what was Millar & Gough idea? the red jacket with the "S" or the complete suit? What was the original idea and whose idea is the last one? Does anyoneknow about this?

I was wondering something.
In a interview, someone of the show (the last producers I think) mentionned that they had their own idea how to finish the show (with which suit), and that they also had to deal with the original idea of Millar & Gough. I was wondering what was Millar & Gough idea? the red jacket with the "S" or the complete suit? What was the original idea and whose idea is the last one? Does anyoneknow about this?

Clark flying out of the fortress wearing the Superman suit after training was the original idea.

who knows what gough and millar would have really done. We probably wouldnt have gotten as far as we did if they were still around.

I thought Beeman said that ending with the shirt rip was how they always planned it back when he was always around.

Millar and Gough's original idea was the shirt rip that we got at the very end. It would have been okay if this show ended in season 5...

940.jpg

I wish that TW would get some more roles in big movies. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"