Tom Welling as Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
it takes millions/billions of years for a sun to go supernova, plus i dont even think our sun is capable of going supernova. dont think it is big enough, but w/e I don't understand his logic in that. Does he think Superman is immortal or that hes stupid enough to sit on a deserted planet for millions of years by himself even though he could just leave considering the fortress has information about the universe and other living beings.

Well, our sun will supposedly expand to the size of Jupiter's orbit or bigger if I recall my astronomy correctly, which would take about another 4.5 billion years. Granted Supes wouldn't live that long, but you have to admit, anyone being around to witness that would be a great visual to see or experience, and I'd love to see some sort of film showcase it; but definitely not Superman.

Well, our sun will supposedly expand to the size of Jupiter's orbit or bigger if I recall my astronomy correctly, which would take about another 4.5 billion years. Granted Supes wouldn't live that long, but you have to admit, anyone being around to witness that would be a great visual to see or experience, and I'd love to see some sort of film showcase it; but definitely not Superman.

A film did showcase that. Its called Knowing, its the same concept just if it happened in modern time instead of the billion years from now.

Ya i dont know/get all the details in this ongoing court case with the siegels and soon to be shuster's heir in 2013 if they won, and its likely they will. They got the same lawyer the siegels used and i read he is a big time guy in these copyright battles. But i said it before here last night and a bunch of times in the supes board. If the families only have those basic elements of superman and would have recreate the character all over again if they took it from wb/dc it could likely not do as well as present day dc version of the characters.

In mind mind if i was in the shoes of the families i would just charge wb/dc a bigger fee to continue to use the character fully intact. But i know their is alot of bad blood with the siegels, i dont know how the shuster's heir feel but if money is all its about i would leave it where it is.

I do not think anybody wanna witness that really.

I was always a very big fan of Superman, ever since I was a toddler. I watched reruns of the old live action Superman TV show from way back when. I watched the classic old cartoons, Superfriends, etc. Later I used to watch Lois & Clark with Dean Caine and Terri Hatcher. I've seen every movie several times (my personal favorites are the first two).

For these reasons, I'm not quite a full fledged fan of Smallville. There are certain elements I really enjoy. There are other elements that make no sense in the whole Superman mythology.

Clark's Friendship With Lex: This is actually fairly close to the original Superman lore. Their rivalry originated when Superman saved Lex from a lab accident, but the accident caused all of Lex's hair to fall out. In the show, Lex's friendship with Clark makes for some interesting story telling. And we're always kinda hoping Clark can keep Lex from the dark side, even though we all know that by the end he'll go all Darth Vader on us. The problem I have with this story is that because Clark and Lex were friends before Clark started hiding his identity behind a pair of thick glasses and a suit. So how the hell does Lex not later know that Clark and Superman are the same person?

Clark And Lois' Friendship: Same problem here. Lois has already seen Clark without his glasses. Hell, Clark was naked when they first met. So how could she not know that Superman and Clark are the same person?

Doomsday: First of all the origin of Doomsday is all wrong. Second, he's showing up way too soon. Clark doesn't fight Doomsday until years after Clark becomes Superman (and after Superman reveals his secret to Lois for that matter). Now they're pitting Clark against Doomsday before Clark even learns how to fly? Bad idea.

Don't get me wrong there are still a lot of things I like about the show, like how those who were close to the Kryptonite meteors as they hit developed superhuman abilities. It gives the show an endless supply of potensial villains (or heroes).

:whatever:
They already blew up Davis & buried Doomsday (eternal) SO burying him in an explosion WILL NOT kill him:nono: ("that which kills you makes you stronger" bloodline) ("Nothing on this earth will stop him" said the legion guy in doomsday) I reckon Doomsday "eventually" returns , Maybe even uncovered by Lex if & when he's back on the scene which would follow the animated DOOMSDAY movie at least.
As for clarks identity ,could easily be fixed with Zatana doing some kinda spell with the specs.
Have a little more faith & hope for the best.:supes:
Hope is our greatest quality.:)

Last edited:
The problem I have with this story is that because Clark and Lex were friends before Clark started hiding his identity behind a pair of thick glasses and a suit. So how the hell does Lex not later know that Clark and Superman are the same person?

Doesn't it make more sense that someone as intelligent as Lex Luthor would in fact know that Clark and Superman are the same person. It really stretches the imagination and one's patience to have Lex be that dumb that he cant put two and two together.

Clark And Lois' Friendship: Same problem here. Lois has already seen Clark without his glasses. Hell, Clark was naked when they first met. So how could she not know that Superman and Clark are the same person?

Same again. Shouldn't someone as smart as Lois Lane and someone who is as close to both Clark and Superman as she is, be able to work it out. She eventually finds out in Superman lore anyway. So what if in Smallville she finds out a little sooner than what has been done before. It makes her character look as strong and as smart as she supposed to be.

Doomsday: First of all the origin of Doomsday is all wrong.

Wrong how? Because it doesn't follow what's been done before.

Second, he's showing up way too soon.

Way too soon for who? Does it really make that much of a difference in the overall scheme of the story that he made an initial appearance before Clark becomes Superman.

Clark doesn't fight Doomsday until years after Clark becomes Superman

That's what's been done before, that doesn't mean that it cant be changed. Stories are always evolving and changing.

(and after Superman reveals his secret to Lois for that matter). Now they're pitting Clark against Doomsday before Clark even learns how to fly? Bad idea.

Why is it a bad idea? And what difference does it make that he cant fly yet. He took a pretty huge super leap to bury him under ground, thus returning the story to the so-called what's been done before situation.

Yup this show isnt meant to be and never has been a retelling of the superman story from the comics to the T. They borrow and use elements from various elements of the comics eras, and past media incarnations, and throw their own spin on things. Some times things have been good were other times it has been bad. As for the whole superman identity on the whole looking back at it now 70 yrs later it was a pretty flimsy cover. What will smallville do who knows, but will be interesting to see how they choose to go about it if they do.

At the end of it ALL, He will become superman.. But you all have to remember the show is called SMALLVILLE - NOT Superman History .
Remember once upon a time the guy couldn't even FLY, just leapt tall buildings & was Very strong but no one seems to complain when they changed that part of the story.

"Hope is our greatest quality":super:

now that brandon is out and smallville is near it's end i really hope the next sups movie we get is a continuation of the smallville series. id love to see tom in the full on suite. i think our chances are better than ever right now!

:supes:

Well with all the problems wb has been trying to get a superman film going back in the 90s and now since Sr's release smallville is pretty much the quickest option to get things going in a fast time.

Though since we know they have that deadline of 2011 be that either jan 1st 2011 or through the whole year of 2011 i think either way they could get another film going. First they need to find a suitable director, have him under contract and during this get a script they approve of between now and say feb. Then from jan/feb-june/july do casting and hopefully find their leads at a good pace. Then get into filming by early/late fall. It all could work out if they can find a script/director quick. But only time will tell.

the requirement is only that they be in production on a film for 2011. The film doesnt need to be out by 2011. They still have a ton of time seeing as how 2011 doesnt even begin for another 16 months.

Yea i know that man, i was just saying since we dont know at what time come 2011 a film has to be in production/active development we dont know how much time their is for them to get director/script/actors all signed sealed and ready to go.

If its jan 1st 2011 they have to be in production then they got roughly 17 months to get things moving. Which is all possible if they are actually worknig on getting people invovled and signed on board and all that. Or if they got through the course of 2011 to get in production that gives them like 25months to get everything in order, which is more time and would be less of a rush job and all that.

I know the film doesnt have to be out 2011 just in production. If they get it in production then it will likely be out summer/fall 2012. Cause either way they probably want it out prior to 2013 so if the chance the shusters/siegels walk with their half of the character wb would still have gotten the film out and could profit off it.

But this isnt the place to get into that whole drama with the siegels/shusters and the ongoing court battle with superman. Lets leave that over in the superman film boards.

Well as the thread's Tom Welling as Superman/Smallville.... back to it :grin:

DOOMSDAYvsSUPERMAN.jpg

now that brandon is out and smallville is near it's end i really hope the next sups movie we get is a continuation of the smallville series. id love to see tom in the full on suite. i think our chances are better than ever right now!

:supes:

LOOK UP THERE :hehe::pal: :supes: ....It's a start :yay:

A film did showcase that. Its called Knowing, its the same concept just if it happened in modern time instead of the billion years from now.

nah Knowing depicted a massive solar flare. It had nothing to do with the Sun going Supernova or expanding

This thread has gotten too big and will be closed. You are welcome to start a new thread on this same subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"