Tomb Raider (2013) - Part 1

wait!! I thought it comes out Tuesday!!??

Gamestop broke street date. assuming they have stock you can go in and pick one up

Well I'm playing a review copy but I've heard some stores are selling it early in the states.

damn!! I need to pick this up tomorrow, then!!

Ah I'd love to play this again. Really, really loved this game. Up there with Bioshock as best single player of the year and its easily the best 3rd person game of the year. But $60 for a few graphical upgrades and nothing else Hahahaha no that's ridiculous.

Anyone who hasn't played, its definitely worth a rental. Purchase? Mmm no, its a 8 hour campaign with absolutely no replayability.

Not worth a purchase for someone who HASN'T played it? I disagree entirely.

You're spending $60 for a game that is 8-10 hours long and then that's it. I suppose you could play the story again but there's no incentive to. No new game plus. Ridiculously awful multiplayer. You'll be selling it back to.gamestop or best buy within a month

It's no different to Batman Arkham Asylum, a game I definitely enjoyed replaying. And it's closer to 15-20 hours, when you include all the tombs etc.

Also, the MP while not perfect, still adds more replay ability to the game than Arkham did.

And furthermore, since when was a great single player game NOT a good reason to buy a game?

It was totaly worth the purchase, to me. I played through the story twice, explored every bit of the island to get 100% and plan on playing it again soon.
Easily one of the best games of 2013, to me.

l

• GI Rating 9.25
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

hot-post.png
    ps4-icon.png

on Jan 24, 2014 at 06:30 PM

This new port of last year's excellent Tomb Raider is the best version of a great game.
    ... More
source:GI

9 is great score for this game is it better on PS3 or PS4?

You're spending $60 for a game that is 8-10 hours long and then that's it. I suppose you could play the story again but there's no incentive to. No new game plus. Ridiculously awful multiplayer. You'll be selling it back to.gamestop or best buy within a month

2 weeks. Tops. The "tombs" are a joke. The Mp while offering a reason to replay, is so bad you don't want to. The game is better off as a rental. 9 and a quarter from GI is the same rating they gave the 2013 version....personaly I'd given it a 7.75. I see people are letting pretty graphics mask lazy/poor game development...again.

For future reference , even though it's titled live, it's always recorded in the same place where they did their live interview events.

Live

EP Live With Dan Sochan Of United Front Games

*Notice: Skip ahead to about three minutes in for the start of the segment. We sit down to chat with Dan Sochan of United Front Games. UFG are responsible for one of our favourite games of last generation, Sleeping Dogs, as well as a number of others including Little Big Planet Karting, and Modnation Racers. Most recently, the team at UFG has completed porting the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition to the Xbox One, and we can say with experience that it’s an excellent version of an amazing game.
Source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Last edited:
got extremely lucky!! snagged the last copy at my Gamestop!! :woot:

Clearly I'm the only one who thinks this 2014 look is even worse than the 2013 look she looks nothing like Lara anymore.

Well in order for her to have to look like Lara, it would imply that this is a prequel to the past games. But since this is a reboot, it's perfectly sensible, and in my opinion necessary, for her to look different than what we've seen in the past.

9 is great score for this game is it better on PS3 or PS4?

I'd say ps3. Sure the graphics are better on ps4 but the supposedly better edition constantly and noticeably drops in framerate and costs 60 while the ps3 still looks great, holds its framerate nicely and costs what 15-20

I'd say ps3. Sure the graphics are better on ps4 but the supposedly better edition constantly and noticeably drops in framerate and costs 60 while the ps3 still looks great, holds its framerate nicely and costs what 15-20

That framerate is on average between 50-55 FPS, when drops happen it is VERY briefly and not by all that much really. As somebody playing it, it feels smooth.

To answer the question, if you care about the price then the PS3 version. Otherwise the PS4 version looks better and runs better.

Last edited:
I dont care about the definitive edition, just bring me news on that sequel!

I dont care about the definitive edition, just bring me news on that sequel!
I thoughts exactly. The DE looks great, but I want a sequel sooner rather than later and I hope they didn't use too many resources to hook up an already great looking game.

That's assuming they have the PC rig needed to get it looking that good. The TressFx is a resource hog.

Besides,

The PC

ku-xlarge.gif

X1

ku-xlarge.gif

BzTHhPK.jpg

yOORZeg.jpg

uUIld5l.jpg

L-R: Definitive, CGI, PC

untitled-2k3sw7.png

Essentially, if you don't mind the price the PS4 versions a good choice for all the extra work they've done touching it up plus the 30+ FPS.

If you're trying to save your money then yes there are vastly cheaper alternatives about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"