Tomb Raider III

The Tomb Raider games were NEVER any good. The films sucked. The second one was a flop.

It's time to end it.

They just don't seem to understand the games. The second was close but they still missed by 200 hundred miles.

Dude, the games were never anything special. The only reason people played them at all was because it featured a scantily clad heroine and rumors of a nude code. That's how they got all the young boys to play it.

The biggest problem I find is they had the next potential Indiana Jones on their hands and they screwed it up, which really factors into all the complaints I've heard. The games were indeed simple and for eye candy, but they could have at least developed a stronger script or at least put in some more effort. I wasn't expecting much. Didn't get much. It came down to Jolie and that was it, just like the games.

The problem with teh movies was that it didn't have tigers, dogs and bears in it. I never saw cradle of life so I don't know about that. I'm guessing it didn't have any either though.

Wesyeed said:
The problem with teh movies was that it didn't have tigers, dogs and bears in it. I never saw cradle of life so I don't know about that. I'm guessing it didn't have any either though.
it had sharks

lg1a.jpg

always wanted her for lara not jolie

patrickbateman said:
it had sharks

sharks alone don't meet my standards for a good tomb raider movie. It needs lara to encounter and evade many wild beasts both on land and sea.

Jones would have been perfect. Yeah, baby, yeah.

hmm i'm not sure about this. unless they can get a kick ass director and get a script that can get more of the essence of the game i think angelina should stay away from it.

Jolie's pretty much a given. She's marked by the studio and they'll willing negoitate to get her back.

Two Face said:
Dude you're stupid, that girl was only used for her likeness and I doubt very much she can act.

Same reason Jolie was cast in the first place :o

TwilightPro101 said:
They just don't seem to understand the games. The second was close but they still missed by 200 hundred miles.

Thats why I say get a new Lara and go with a trilogy based on the new game (The new game has Lara tracking down 'The Sword in the Stone' legend)

I think a Tomb Raider III movie is a bad idea.
The second one was a terrible movie.

They should of tried to make the movies like a female version of Indiana Jones.

TheVileOne said:
Dude, the games were never anything special. The only reason people played them at all was because it featured a scantily clad heroine and rumors of a nude code. That's how they got all the young boys to play it.
That's far from the only reason people played the games. Adventure games tend to sell well whether they have a female lead or not, and Tomb Raider was one of those defining games in the early days of the PS1.

After Tomb Raider II didn't perform too well at the box office, I figure part 3 will never happen.
Hopefully part 3 will contain a solid plot and a director.
By the way, what's J.J. Abrams doing after Star Trek?

Mentok said:
i mean it's your opinion but in mine she has done some great performances in a quite a few films of hers. but yet a lot of her films were stinkers :( *cough* alexander * cough*

Mentok said:

How is that same reason? I suggest you read my post again:

Two Face said:
Dude you're stupid, that girl was only used for her likeness and I doubt very much she can act. I for one I don't want third sequel cos second stunk badly. On the other hand Jolie doesn’t suck as an actress but some movies she’s done were quite **** but I hope she does film that I enjoy watching in the future maybe Batman or non- Batman films

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"