Tomb Raider: Underworld (PC, 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS)

I have no feelings on it either way, to be honest. Lara's fine as she is to me, but she's hardly the most interesting character, so if a reboot can bring some genuine depth to her outside of her enormous cleavage, I wouldn't mind it. Of course, reboots tend to f*** things up as often as they improve them, so who knows?

Since when was 1.5 units sold million bad?
I suppose when you count the amount of platforms it's on it might be considered bad.
I have no idea what the budget was but they were expecting to sell at least 2 million copies of the game. That number probably was what was needed to make a decent profit from it.

what other games did Eidos even have last year? All I can think of is Age of Conan. They had alot riding on Tomb Raider and were expecting it to pick up the slack for what was an unimpressive year from them. The recession hit everyone and some worst than others. Tomb Raider Underworld was supposed to be their cash cow and it fell below what they needed it to do. As a consumer all we see is sales numbers but the companies have their accountants, analysts, etc which figure out what they need in relation to everything else they have going on for their fiscal period and its depending on different factors and not solely on the sales of the one game.

Age Of Conan seems to be in abit of trouble as well, it had something like a million people jumping on it at launch but they have all pretty much jumped back, the servers are shrinking fast.

thats the problem with trying to compete for MMO space in a world ruled by WoW

Last month, I predicted that Lara was in need of a makeover, and a month later, Eidos says that they're going to give her a makeover. Think maybe they'll listen to the suggestions about fixing the camera and combat, too? :p

Yeah those 2 were my biggest problems in Underworld. The combat was actually worse here than in Legends

"Beneath The Ashes" Developer Diary :up:

Looks excellent. That grapple puzzle probably would have had me stumped for a good thirty minutes if I hadn't seen the solution. I hope that should say something about the rest of the puzzles and challenges in BTA. :D

and some "Lara's Shadow" news!!

“Play Tomb Raider from a different perspective and experience the world as a new playable character.

Play as a dark and deadly reflection of Lara Croft. Created as a sinister trick by Lara’s oldest foe, the Doppelganger possesses the strength, speed and raw power to put an end to the Croft lineage once and for all. Fulfill the mission and become the ultimate weapon of revenge.

Will feature new gameplay mechanics to be unveiled very soon.”
Play Tomb Raider from a new perspective. Experience the world as the Doppelganger, a dark and deadly double of Lara with superhuman powers.

doppelganger_newspost.jpg

With the Doppelganger’s unique ‘Shadow Powers’ you can defeat enemies with brutal melee attacks and use her super-human agilities to make it past challenges Lara could never pass.
Will feature new gameplay mechanics to be unveiled very soon.
Available March 10th 2009!

This is what I'm really excited for! I can't wait to see how they've incorporated her superpowers into the gameplay. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"