Tomb Raider: Underworld (PC, 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS)

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by uchiha_itachi, Jan 19, 2008.

1. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I have no feelings on it either way, to be honest. Lara's fine as she is to me, but she's hardly the most interesting character, so if a reboot can bring some genuine depth to her outside of her enormous cleavage, I wouldn't mind it. Of course, reboots tend to f*** things up as often as they improve them, so who knows?

2. Havok83 Registered

and they said the extra 360 stuff wasnt left out of the final game before. Oh well. Take it with a grain of salt though bc the one thats claiming this just got fired from Eidos and is VERY pissed off about it. Could be true, but could also be a disgruntled employee trying to cause some noise

3. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    Since when was 1.5 units sold million bad?
    I suppose when you count the amount of platforms it's on it might be considered bad.

4. Havok83 Registered

I have no idea what the budget was but they were expecting to sell at least 2 million copies of the game. That number probably was what was needed to make a decent profit from it.

5. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    Even if the game cost 15-20 million it should still be making a solid profit.

6. Havok83 Registered

what other games did Eidos even have last year? All I can think of is Age of Conan. They had alot riding on Tomb Raider and were expecting it to pick up the slack for what was an unimpressive year from them. The recession hit everyone and some worst than others. Tomb Raider Underworld was supposed to be their cash cow and it fell below what they needed it to do. As a consumer all we see is sales numbers but the companies have their accountants, analysts, etc which figure out what they need in relation to everything else they have going on for their fiscal period and its depending on different factors and not solely on the sales of the one game.

7. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    Age Of Conan seems to be in abit of trouble as well, it had something like a million people jumping on it at launch but they have all pretty much jumped back, the servers are shrinking fast.

8. Havok83 Registered

thats the problem with trying to compete for MMO space in a world ruled by WoW

9. Timstuff Registered

Last month, I predicted that Lara was in need of a makeover, and a month later, Eidos says that they're going to give her a makeover. Think maybe they'll listen to the suggestions about fixing the camera and combat, too? :p

10. Havok83 Registered

Yeah those 2 were my biggest problems in Underworld. The combat was actually worse here than in Legends

11. gtkilla Registered

"Beneath The Ashes" Developer Diary :up:

Looks excellent. That grapple puzzle probably would have had me stumped for a good thirty minutes if I hadn't seen the solution. I hope that should say something about the rest of the puzzles and challenges in BTA. :D

and some "Lara's Shadow" news!!

This is what I'm really excited for! I can't wait to see how they've incorporated her superpowers into the gameplay. :grin:

12. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    I really hope more games than Duex Ex 3 use this game engine, it's stunning and runs really, really well.

13. Joined:
    Jan 31, 2007
    new content is 360 exclusive right?