top most powerful marvel hero

Thor is durable enough to survive in space as long as he can hold his breath which is quite a while but he cannot survive indefinately. The Surfer can travel into other dimensions easily and he can also travel through time. Thors power over the weather has been stated to be much more powerful than Storms.

Thor used to be able to travel through time. But Marvel decided back-in-time traveling heroes created too many problems, and removed his ability to do so. I would guess that they haven't had the Surfer time travel since, but I have no real idea.

Rune King Thor is above Odin, so I´ll bet my two cents on him.

glenthalium said:
I believe that Franklin Richards is now powerless. He apparently sacrificed his powers to save Galactus.

Thor is supposed to be Marvel's most powerful superhero (I believe that Stan Lee wanted it that way, but don't quote me on that because I can't find where I read it). It was recently announced that the Sentry is the most powerful. But at that time Thor was still dead. Hopefully now that he's been resurrected he will assume the role as most powerful.

No he's not as strong as the enraged Hulk, but he lifts over 100 tons. He's not as fast as . . . well I'm not sure (the marvel encyclopedia's scale show's him faster than Quicksilver was (for those of you who don't know, Quicksilver is no longer a speedster, he travels through time, to duplicate himself), but that also listed Nightcrawler as weaker than Jubilee). Early Avengers issues show him pulling off some agility stunts (when battling the Hulk) but he's not usually shown displaying his agility. He doesn't manipulate matter in the same way that Phoenix or the Eternals do. And yeah storm controls weather too, but Storm manipulates weather, she brings it from somewhere else (it has to be present in earth's atmosphere). Thor creates whatever weather effects he wants, and he doesn't require the concentration Storm does. He is also able to absorb any form of energy with his hammer, and then rechannel/redirect it. When he possessed the Odinpower (which is a really stupid word) he moved Asgard to above New York City I think it was. He's dented the Caps Shield, and then undented it. He can teleport, to other dimensions even (which I don't think the Silver Surfer can do) He survives unaided, probably indefinately although that hasn't been tested in space (which Superman can't do. By the way, in the movie, how did Superman get back to Krypton, and how did he leave it to come back to Earth? He needs the yellow sun to fly, and on Krypton he's like we are here, just smarter. Enough about that movie, but I can criticize it for probably close to an hour, and not just because it's DC. But I will leave you with this . . . The best (in this case best means most laughable) line in the movie was . . . "How much do you know about crystals?").

In the atrocity that was Marvel Zombies, the only moment I liked was when Zombie Thor smashed his hammer over the Silver Surfer's head, bringing down the Surfer to be devouerd by the rest of the zombies. I have nothing against the Surfer, it just irks me when he's portrayed as more powerful than Thor. Since everything in the Zombieverse is dead anyway, it didn't bother me too much that Mjolnir was broken, everything else was breaking.

I just looked back at what I've written and it's too long. I"m sorry, and I'm stopping here

Franklin's been powerless before, just to bring his powers back.

Sentry is probably going to stay more powerful than Thor, since they constantly portray him as more powerful than Thor. ((It's why Bendis doesn't use him, because they'd just send the Sentry after someone, and the battle would just end. No Avengers needed.)) Though I'll elaborate for kicks. The Void could eliminate the Hulk fairly easily in a physical "break all his bones" manner, where the Sentry doesn't seem to have much trouble beating the Void into submission with his fists.

Odinpower is not a stupid word.

Moving Asgard wasn't a huge feat when it's really just a magical spell that holds it away from Midgard. If you would put that with feats, he used a huge chunk of Odinpower to hold off a nuclear weapon.

And by all rights, normal Thor shouldn't have been more powerful than normal Silver Surfer. The way the Surfer is always portrayed, he shouldn't crushed Thor in a long battle.

And Mjlonir wasn't broken, but it was that Thor couldn't hold it because he was unworthy.

Mortal/Non cosmic entity:
Molecule Man, Thanos with Infinite Guantlet and Pheonix (Jean Grey)

Cosmic Entity: Living Tribunal, One Above All, Beyonder (before retcon)

As I said earlier This thread is about overall power not strength, healing, claws. If written correctly Thor, Sentry, Silver Surfer would whip Hulk just based on the fact that they have more diverse powers available to them.

With That I say Rune/Odinpower King Thor, Mighty Thor, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Dr Strange, and Jean Grey.

As far as Living Tribunal, Galactus, Watcher, Celestials are concerned I feel that they are more forces of nature and thus neither Villians nor Heros. Take Galactus for example to the people who he ate their planet he is a villian but he does that for survival. I'm sure if he could go without eating planets he would. The others seem to act in manner that is considered above normal human comprehention. I just have a hard time understanding how those beings could be considered villians or heros.

ShadowBoxing said:
Mortal/Non cosmic entity:
Molecule Man, Thanos with Infinite Guantlet and Pheonix (Jean Grey)

Cosmic Entity: Living Tribunal, One Above All, Beyonder (before retcon)
Since when did these guy's became heroes?
All there exept for Thanos are neutral, and don't have a side (villian/hero) due to the balance, if Living Tribunal was good than there would be no evil across the MU.

Alternate Future Full-potential Franklin Richards or Rune King Thor

glenthalium said:
I believe that Franklin Richards is now powerless. He apparently sacrificed his powers to save Galactus.

What a frickin' waste of time that was :(

herakles said:
As I said earlier This thread is about overall power not strength, healing, claws. If written correctly Thor, Sentry, Silver Surfer would whip Hulk just based on the fact that they have more diverse powers available to them.

With That I say Rune/Odinpower King Thor, Mighty Thor, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Dr Strange, and Jean Grey.

As far as Living Tribunal, Galactus, Watcher, Celestials are concerned I feel that they are more forces of nature and thus neither Villians nor Heros. Take Galactus for example to the people who he ate their planet he is a villian but he does that for survival. I'm sure if he could go without eating planets he would. The others seem to act in manner that is considered above normal human comprehention. I just have a hard time understanding how those beings could be considered villians or heros.

Agreed. Though I don't know if Doctor Strange would be considered a hero either. He seems to forgo acting in the world unless it means something seriously bad threatens it. For the most part he just does his own thing, and ignores the rest. Though he did take over the world once as the Order alongside the Surfer. (And people ask if Tony could be forgiven for something that's really a point of view thing when people forgave Strange for taking over the Earth.)

And Thor, after ascending past normal Thor, basically decided he knew what was best for everybody, stopped acting on Midgard, and just did whatever it was he did. He did it in heroic means, but he definitely wasn't the hero he once was. You could liken him more to a dictator.

The Silver Surfer (assuming he's not under his serious upgrade) is the only one who really hasn't done anything contrary to being a hero aside from trying to be a villan, and helping take over the world as the Order alongside Strange.

And Jean Grey is just...out in space making some sort of picture with the stars or something. More or less Galactus level of operation, not really a hero anymore.

That said, the only super true power who's trying to do day to day heroic things would be the Sentry really.

Strange has saved the UNIVERSE more times than most heroes have saved the world.

Much of what Strange does on a regular basis never gets seen by anyone except mystic masters. Among other things he is responsible for the maintanence of the various barriers that keep certain beings from going where they shouldn't. Jean herself is a hero but the Phoenix is an essentially neutral entity. This makes it somewhat hard to define her in human terms since much of her isn't remotely human.

The Living Tribunal is the most powerful character but he's an entity rather than a human-like hero.

Speaking in terms of living, finite beings, I'd go with the Professor version of the Hulk.

Mistress Gluon said:
He's "sacrificed" his powers before. They'll be back.
Well Franklin still have his powers in alternate timelimes.

49erVenom said:
The Living Tribunal is the most powerful character but he's an entity rather than a human-like hero.

Speaking in terms of living, finite beings, I'd go with the Professor version of the Hulk.
The Living Tribunal (along with Eternity, Inbetweener and other comics eternities) begged the Beyonder not to destroy the MU: Multi-verse.
While he just ignored them.

X said:
Strange has saved the UNIVERSE more times than most heroes have saved the world.

In that breadth, Thanos has saved the universe in a way no other hero could.

95078701518.111.GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"