The Winter Soldier Top Three Directors In The Running To Direct Sequel

I would've liked Johnston to come back because overall he did a very good job with First Avenger.

The Russos, sort of an unconventional choice. They come from a comedic background and their major experience is TV shows. I mean that's not terrible but this is a tough project to have a proving ground on.

But you know what a couple years back people were bemoaning Whedon as the cheap choice instead of bringing back Favreau to do Avengers.

Cant really judge the directors as I've never seen anything they've done, it is a bit of a strange choice though considering they havent directed anything close to an action movie before.

But we'll see, the only thing is Marvel are going to make a bad movie at some point, I just hope this isnt it.

I like the idea of new talent having an opportunity to do something huge. Definitely kind of scary though.

I like the idea of new talent having an opportunity to do something huge. Definitely kind of scary though.
Especially with this kind of franchise.

I tend to agree, hopefully they have a good take and will do a good job, but we'll see.

Personally, this just makes me more excited.I will start freaking out after the first trailer...we really don't know how they plan to shoot the movie, we don't even know anything about the script other than the fact that Steve and shield will be involved.

Personally, this just makes me more excited.I will start freaking out after the first trailer...we really don't know how they plan to shoot the movie, we don't even know anything about the script other than the fact that Steve and shield will be involved.

Watch the Community episode "A Fistful of Paintballs"

I have never watched Community or Arrested development but I have heard this episode referenced a few times. I watched it once, and my initial reaction after watching this episode(I plan on watching it a few more times), is that either CA2 is going to be great or it's going to be IM2 (in terms of quality, not the amount of money it makes) which is really disheartening. I'm inclined to lean towards the former off of a kneejerk reaction, but I have had faith in Feige/Marvel Studios from jump; still it's just hard to wrap my head around this choice.

I have never watched Community or Arrested development but I have heard this episode referenced a few times. I watched it once, and my initial reaction after watching this episode(I plan on watching it a few more times), is that either CA2 is going to be great or it's going to be IM2 (in terms of quality, not the amount of money it makes) which is really disheartening. I'm inclined to lean towards the former off of a kneejerk reaction, but I have had faith in Feige/Marvel Studios from jump; still it's just hard to wrap my head around this choice.

Yeah, there've been several posters in different threads who point to "A Fistful of Paintballs" as evidence of how great the Russos are.....at comedy.

But I don't think that's the episode (or even the TV show) you want to point to to show what you think they can do to Cap. ....Er, for Cap, I mean. The last thing I want to see happen to CA2 is this turn into a Tarantino-esque homage to Sergio Leone; which is already a cliche in comedy and in self-referential pop art.

Can they take Cap seriously, goddammit? That's all I'm asking. That's all I'm asking proof of.

Yeah, there've been several posters in different threads who point to "A Fistful of Paintballs" as evidence of how great the Russos are.....at comedy.

But I don't think that's the episode (or even the TV show) you want to point to to show what you think they can do to Cap. ....Er, for Cap, I mean. The last thing I want to see happen to CA2 is this turn into a Tarantino-esque homage to Sergio Leone; which is already a cliche in comedy and in self-referential pop art.

Can they take Cap seriously, goddammit? That's all I'm asking. That's all I'm asking proof of.

I get what you're saying and I wholeheartedly concur. In the end, none of us really know anything and until Cap2 comes out..we're just going to speculate and try and figure out why this choice was made.

An odd choice, but as I've said, I trust Marvel Studios wholeheartedly. They've consistently been making grade A comic book movies and I have no doubt they're going to continue the good work into phase 2.

It's definitely a case of YMMV but to me those eps are about more than wacky homages but action and character pieces in their own right. And lets not forget that they are not writing the script as far as we know.

At this point I agree it's hard to tell exactly where they are going with the film but if Joss Whedon can take Cap's personality seriously in an Avengers film, I refuse to believe Marvel want to turn him into a comedy in his own film. And it's not like TFA was deadly serious; Steve might have been dedicated and earnest but there were plenty of lighter moments and part of the reason Howard Stark was there was to provide Tony-esque snark.

Clearly I can't provide any garantee but I I do think we'll find out these guys are big genre fans at the very least. Whether or not they made a great movie is another matter.

okay so I watched "Fistfull of Paintballs" per everyone's suggestion, and it didn't really ease my fears much

The episode showed that they have respect for the action (or at least western) genres.

Visually, however, I was very unimpressed, not to mention that that was probably the least funny episode of Community I've ever seen (outside of The black rider, which I think was only funny because of who was playing it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not in "sky is falling mode", I have faith in Marvel, but that episode didn't really fill me with confidence.

you could also check out the dungeons and dragons episode. I think one of the russos dod that one as well.

I'll keep an open mind. Especially in light of the Avengers, I trust Marvel.

Im having a terrible nightmare.Im dreaming that the Russo brothers are going to direct CA 2.It has to be a nightmare,right?.Please,could someone wake me up?.:cmad::cmad:

^ This. I'm sure they'll do a terrible job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"