Toy Biz= Dropping the ball, bigtime!

4NutzinYoface

Sidekick
Reaction score
:down Can't believe there are no action figures off of this beautiful flick!!!! It just boggles my mind!

I would have loved to have all the main characters as well as the new ones....:( I wonder when Hasbro takes over if they will produce them?

Anyone know why there wasn't figures for this film? Doesn't make any sense.....sales couldn't have been THAT bad from the 1st two movie toy lines could they?

no, tyobiz is stepping up BIG time, why must we have this thread here, lol.....dont hate on toybiz, they are gods in my book.

and yes...sales were HORRIBLE, thus NOT making x3 figures...no stores would pick them up...

i know i wanted them sooo badly if i get another jean from x1 im makin a phoenix

oh, yea HASBRO IS MAKING THEM......we dont know what the characters are going to be yet, but they will be a part of the marvel legends line in 2007.

better late then nothing i guess.

It just seems that nobody visits the toy or product boards...just figured someone might be able to help out here is all....

Don't get me wrong, Toy Biz ARE Gods for their work on their past figure lines...especially the Lord of the Rings movie toys....hot DAMN!

But they could have made figures off this film, new director, new exciting characters...they would have sold I am sure of it!

yeah... id like some x3 toys.

especially a new storm one...im tired of my X1 cher version!

and i want beast and juggs

I don't blame them for not making any, the other x-movie figs weren't great quality and weren't very popular

Yeah, I still see X2 toys lying around in Toys R Us occassionally. They can't give them away.

Who knows...if the movie is big enough, maybe they'll have stuff out for DVD, since it will probably be close to Christmas time.

danoyse said:
Yeah, I still see X2 toys lying around in Toys R Us occassionally. They can't give them away.

Who knows...if the movie is big enough, maybe they'll have stuff out for DVD, since it will probably be close to Christmas time.

Batman Begins toys are laying right next to them. That happens with overstocked and dated products regardless of their success.

This has nothing to do with X3 or its popularity.

Marvel cut a lucrative deal with Hasbro worldwide. They ended their relationship with Toy Biz and even bought out the remainder of their contract. Toy Biz couldn't make X3 toys even if they wanted to. Marvel saw a better deal with Hasbro and unfortunately, X3 got caught in the middle.

It's simple big business economics, nothing more.

I would have loved to see "real" X3 figures, but those darn kids just dont like the basic black duds.

However, I am glad they brought back the X-Men comic figures line. And the Wal-Mart exculsive Kitty Pryde figure is awesome too.

It's not ToyBiz's fault. People weren't buying them for the last two movies, so they didn't make them.

Instead they made some figures to sort of coincide with the movie and have incarnations of the characters appearing in the movie.

Spidey 2007 said:
oh, yea HASBRO IS MAKING THEM......we dont know what the characters are going to be yet, but they will be a part of the marvel legends line in 2007.

better late then nothing i guess.

Where did you get that from?

And how does someone get to create a username like 4NutsInYoFace?

I couldn't agree with the original poster more. ToyBiz is dropping the ball with this one. If ToyBiz has made this decision in regards to the bombing of the FF figures, then it is really pathetic. People didn't buy the FF toys because they were cheap quality figures. People didn't buy X2 figures, because not everyone wants 5 Wolverines.

ToyBiz should have learned from their mistakes and made a larger variety of better-quality figures. But, I guess thats in the past. They better have a whole wave of ML just for X3. I would love that. Here's what I'd want to see.

ML: X3

Phoenix
Wolverine (obviously)
Beast
Juggernaut
Storm
(If they make a 6th figure) Pyro or Rogue

Umm, as someone stated above Toybiz didn't drop anything, Marvel dropped them. All the new Toybiz Marvel Legends stuff coming out this year was already in the production phase. They can't put out new figures, just the stuff they were putting out anyway.

How about an Iceman Iced up ML figure! That would bee soo cool and it will sell....no doubt!

The only one I would have been interested in is Colossus anyway.

I'll stick with my ML figs! Biatch!

Ya there going to be kicking them selfs in there a$$s when this movie brings in the money.

Toy Biz were interested in producing X-Men 3 action figures, however the short filming schedule didn't allow Toy Biz sufficient time to develop movie-specific action figures.

Accordingly, Toy Biz instead produced a quasi-comic/movie line of figures in place of regular "movie" figures.

Toy Biz indicated that IF they'd retained the Marvel rights they would have included movie accurate figures in upcoming X-Men or Marvel Legends lines.

As it stands, there is always a chance Hasbro will produce figures, though they may concentrate on Ghost Rider and Spider-man 3 and whatever it is they plan to do with Marvel Legends and comic Spider-man lines.

Cheers.

i have seen an x3 toy online just the other day... comparing it to the toys of x2. HMMMMM which i knew where it was.

This is a good topic: WHere are the X-Men 3 toys? It's dumb.

Whether they have toys or not is the least of our worries!

*cough*running time*cough*

Yeah, an hour and a half is not enough to friggin' cover every damn subplot crammed into this movie. I'm just afraid that nothing will get fleshed out, and that info is just being thrown at you.

Cyclops' apparent death and no Gambit doesn't help either..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"