Toy Biz= Dropping the ball, bigtime!

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by 4NutzinYoface, May 8, 2006.

1. 4NutzinYoface Registered

:down Can't believe there are no action figures off of this beautiful flick!!!! It just boggles my mind!

I would have loved to have all the main characters as well as the new ones....:( I wonder when Hasbro takes over if they will produce them?

Anyone know why there wasn't figures for this film? Doesn't make any sense.....sales couldn't have been THAT bad from the 1st two movie toy lines could they?

2. Spidey 2007 Renegade

no, tyobiz is stepping up BIG time, why must we have this thread here, lol.....dont hate on toybiz, they are gods in my book.

and yes...sales were HORRIBLE, thus NOT making x3 figures...no stores would pick them up...

3. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

i know i wanted them sooo badly if i get another jean from x1 im makin a phoenix

4. Spidey 2007 Renegade

oh, yea HASBRO IS MAKING THEM......we dont know what the characters are going to be yet, but they will be a part of the marvel legends line in 2007.

better late then nothing i guess.

5. 4NutzinYoface Registered

It just seems that nobody visits the toy or product boards...just figured someone might be able to help out here is all....

Don't get me wrong, Toy Biz ARE Gods for their work on their past figure lines...especially the Lord of the Rings movie toys....hot DAMN!

But they could have made figures off this film, new director, new exciting characters...they would have sold I am sure of it!

6. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

yeah... id like some x3 toys.

especially a new storm one...im tired of my X1 cher version!

and i want beast and juggs

7. WTFimVENOM Registered

I don't blame them for not making any, the other x-movie figs weren't great quality and weren't very popular

8. danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Yeah, I still see X2 toys lying around in Toys R Us occassionally. They can't give them away.

Who knows...if the movie is big enough, maybe they'll have stuff out for DVD, since it will probably be close to Christmas time.

9. YJ1 Armed and Dangerous

Batman Begins toys are laying right next to them. That happens with overstocked and dated products regardless of their success.

This has nothing to do with X3 or its popularity.

Marvel cut a lucrative deal with Hasbro worldwide. They ended their relationship with Toy Biz and even bought out the remainder of their contract. Toy Biz couldn't make X3 toys even if they wanted to. Marvel saw a better deal with Hasbro and unfortunately, X3 got caught in the middle.

It's simple big business economics, nothing more.

10. LittleMissVixen Registered

I would have loved to see "real" X3 figures, but those darn kids just dont like the basic black duds.

However, I am glad they brought back the X-Men comic figures line. And the Wal-Mart exculsive Kitty Pryde figure is awesome too.

11. TheVileOne Registered

It's not ToyBiz's fault. People weren't buying them for the last two movies, so they didn't make them.

Instead they made some figures to sort of coincide with the movie and have incarnations of the characters appearing in the movie.

12. Psionic Force Registered

Where did you get that from?

And how does someone get to create a username like 4NutsInYoFace?

13. BobJM Uncle Charlie

I couldn't agree with the original poster more. ToyBiz is dropping the ball with this one. If ToyBiz has made this decision in regards to the bombing of the FF figures, then it is really pathetic. People didn't buy the FF toys because they were cheap quality figures. People didn't buy X2 figures, because not everyone wants 5 Wolverines.

ToyBiz should have learned from their mistakes and made a larger variety of better-quality figures. But, I guess thats in the past. They better have a whole wave of ML just for X3. I would love that. Here's what I'd want to see.

ML: X3

Phoenix
    Wolverine (obviously)
    Beast
    Juggernaut
    Storm
    (If they make a 6th figure) Pyro or Rogue

14. MemnochZERO Coin Operated Boy

Umm, as someone stated above Toybiz didn't drop anything, Marvel dropped them. All the new Toybiz Marvel Legends stuff coming out this year was already in the production phase. They can't put out new figures, just the stuff they were putting out anyway.

15. IronSpidy Registered

How about an Iceman Iced up ML figure! That would bee soo cool and it will sell....no doubt!

16. Balthus Dire Punishment Continues

The only one I would have been interested in is Colossus anyway.

I'll stick with my ML figs! Biatch!

17. Norkie Claypool=Jesus Period

Ya there going to be kicking them selfs in there a$$s when this movie brings in the money.

18. haephestus Registered

Toy Biz were interested in producing X-Men 3 action figures, however the short filming schedule didn't allow Toy Biz sufficient time to develop movie-specific action figures.

Accordingly, Toy Biz instead produced a quasi-comic/movie line of figures in place of regular "movie" figures.

Toy Biz indicated that IF they'd retained the Marvel rights they would have included movie accurate figures in upcoming X-Men or Marvel Legends lines.

As it stands, there is always a chance Hasbro will produce figures, though they may concentrate on Ghost Rider and Spider-man 3 and whatever it is they plan to do with Marvel Legends and comic Spider-man lines.

Cheers.

19. pt_photo_inc Registered

i have seen an x3 toy online just the other day... comparing it to the toys of x2. HMMMMM which i knew where it was.

20. nightwing06 Registered

I would love a Callisto figure............

21. Octoberist point blank

This is a good topic: WHere are the X-Men 3 toys? It's dumb.

22. Sunstar Child of Sun and Star

Whether they have toys or not is the least of our worries!

*cough*running time*cough*

23. Octoberist point blank

Yeah, an hour and a half is not enough to friggin' cover every damn subplot crammed into this movie. I'm just afraid that nothing will get fleshed out, and that info is just being thrown at you.

Cyclops' apparent death and no Gambit doesn't help either..

24. vampireslayer97 Registered

This explains why I saw none on eBay. :(

25. Octoberist point blank