Infinity War Trailer Shots Vs. Actual Footage.

Infinity9999x

Avenger
Reaction score
SPOILER Discussion for those who have seen the film.

Read at your own risk all.

For those who have seen the film, we know that there are shots and lines that appear in the trailer that aren't in the film. (Thor powering up stormbreaker, Thanos' "This puts a smile on my face" line). We also know there are shots that were edited to not give anything away, Thanos only have two stones in the gauntlet when struggling with Cap and Hulk in Wakanda.

My question is this: Do we think some of the edits in the trailer may not actually be edits? Specifically, the Hulk shot in Wakanda. I was thinking about this, because they didn't really need to animate a full Hulk just to trick us. We wouldn't have known Banner was even in Wakanda had they not put the Hulk in that shot...so why do it? It's possible they just wanted to show a shot of Hulk and couldn't use any shots of him fighting Thanos...but what I wondered was this:

Have we seen any Avengers 4 footage?

We know they already shot A4. We also know that some kind of time manipulation is going to take place. Given this, it is possible that the shot of Wakanda where we see Hulk charging with the other Avengers is actually from an altered timeline in A4.

Or they were just being tricksy in the trailers.

What do you guys think?

I think Marvel had intended on Hulk being in Wakanda when the trailer was released featuring the charge shot with him in it - but some time after that they rethought the scene and decided to let Banner do the heavy lifting and wrote Hulk out...

I think either Feige or the Russos might address that missing shot because it's rare that a money shot like that doesn't appear in the final film.

I think either Feige or the Russos might address that missing shot because it's rare that a money shot like that doesn't appear in the final film.

That’s why I’m wondering if we possibly were seeing some A4 footage without realizing it. Animating a full Hulk is different than removing a few stones from the guantlet.

That’s why I’m wondering if we possibly were seeing some A4 footage without realizing it. Animating a full Hulk is different than removing a few stones from the guantlet.

I mean...maybe? After all, the first trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows had footage from both films, but the charge was also only a four second shot in the trailer. Not that difficult to animate, especially since the pre-rendered CGI Hulk (and War Machine, for that matter) is already at their disposal.

Last edited:
I mean...maybe? After all, the first trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows had footage from both films, but it was also only a four second shot in the trailer. Not that difficult to animate, especially since the pre-rendered CGI Hulk (and War Machine, for that matter) is already at their disposal.

True. I could easily be other thinking it. It just seemed odd. Removing stones, or including a good money shot like Thor lighting up due to pacing sense, but having Hulk in Wakanda in the trailers didn’t seem to have a point. Unless we will see it at some point.

True. I could easily be other thinking it. It just seemed odd. Removing stones, or including a good money shot like Thor lighting up due to pacing sense, but having Hulk in Wakanda in the trailers didn’t seem to have a point. Unless we will see it at some point.

It's also not the first time Hulk has appeared in a trailer in a place where he wasn't in the final film...

who-are-the-revengers-thor-ragnarok-1040744-1280x0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"