Trailer Thread

Man, I still have to get my hands on B.P.R.D. I have all the Hellboy books except those, Strange Tales, and Hellboy, jr.(which I'm not even sure I'll bother picking up).

oh, you HAVE to get HELLBOY JR. Those are priceless, and some cool Mignola art in there!

You should read the books MP, i have read 5 so far and they are 5 of the best comics i have read. The supporting characters are amazing also.

Really? Is it too dark? Because I'm not into horror or gore.

So, what titles do you recommend? Remember that I'm a newbie on Hellboy. :D

Mostpowerful, The Chained Coffin is great for beginners. It was my first tpb of the series, specifically for "The Wolves of St. August." You may not like the actually story, "The Chained Coffin" since I found it to be pretty dark. For the most part, the stories have a very anthology-like feel. However, there are a few that build off of each other and are best read in the following order:

Seed of Destruction
Wake the Devil
The Conqueror Worm
Strange Places
Darkness Calls

Conqueror Worm is one of the best comics I've ever read, the story never ceases to disturb me and some events in that comic chill me to the ****ing bone by even thinking of them.

Really? Is it too dark? Because I'm not into horror or gore.

So, what titles do you recommend? Remember that I'm a newbie on Hellboy. :D

There are currently 7 TPB's out, in the UK anyway, and they follow in order:

1:Seed Of Destruction
2:Wake The Devil
3:The Chained Coffin and Others
4:The Right Hand Of Doom
5:Conquerer Worm
6:Strange Places
7:The Troll Witch and Others

EDIT: The 8th volume is now out Called Darkness Calls, just bought it this week.

I have yet to read 1 and 7, but the other ones are all amazing, some are dark, some are quite light and funny, but he is a horror character after all, and there are some gory stories, but all of them are very good.

Conqueror Worm is one of the best comics I've ever read, the story never ceases to disturb me and some events in that comic chill me to the ****ing bone by even thinking of them.

Agreed, CW was amazing, possibly my favourite HB TPB.

^^Thanks everybody for the recommendations!! I'll let you know what I think on them. I hope it's not too scary, lol.

Hellboy has an 8th volume to: Darkness Calls. It's drawn by Duncan Fegredo, and Mignla wrote it. I picked it up today.

Well to start off i just started posting so don't be to harsh on me lol :oldrazz:. The trailer was awesome. Ever since I saw the first Hellboy in 2004 I have been craving for more. Ron Perlman is a bad @$$. He fits the role perfectly and i think that he really brings Hellboy to life. I can't wait for the movie to come out!:hellboy:

"Hellboy II" looks leaps and bounds better than the first...and I believe that's due to the success of "Pan's Labyrinth."

With a success of that magnitude, Del Toro was clearly given more creative and financial freedom (easily shown by the creature designs which feel more Del Toro-esque than Mignola inspired).

Plus when a trailer is bad a$$ enough to use Rammstein's best riff...it's GOTTA be something worth seeing.

And is it me...or does the plot of the film feel like something created specifically for the film itself rather than being various story points from the comics being strung together...unless this IS a story from the comics, I honestly haven't read enough Hellboy to know.

Still it looks better than the original, and I think it WILL be better.

CFE

Yeah, this movie actually feels more like something that would inevitably happen in the comics really. The elves have been foreshadowing something like this forever.

I can't believe vol. 8 is out already. I always miss this stuff. Normally it takes forever for new volumes to come out. I'm surprised.

mignola did write the story speficicallly for the movie

Hellboy has an 8th volume to: Darkness Calls. It's drawn by Duncan Fegredo, and Mignla wrote it. I picked it up today.

Yeah i just bought it this week, so i edited my post above, thanks.

"Hellboy II" looks leaps and bounds better than the first...and I believe that's due to the success of "Pan's Labyrinth."

With a success of that magnitude, Del Toro was clearly given more creative and financial freedom (easily shown by the creature designs which feel more Del Toro-esque than Mignola inspired).

Plus when a trailer is bad a$$ enough to use Rammstein's best riff...it's GOTTA be something worth seeing.

And is it me...or does the plot of the film feel like something created specifically for the film itself rather than being various story points from the comics being strung together...unless this IS a story from the comics, I honestly haven't read enough Hellboy to know.

Still it looks better than the original, and I think it WILL be better.

CFE

It is an original story by GDT and MM, but it does have the feel and look of the comic book from what i have seen so far, it could possibly be closer to the comic book than the first movie, and that was based on various HB stories from the comics!

In the comics there are various characters with solid metal hands as well like Wink does, most notably a troll and an Ape controlled by a head in a jar called Von Klempt!

Yeah, this movie actually feels more like something that would inevitably happen in the comics really. The elves have been foreshadowing something like this forever.

You're talking about the hooded guys that are usually seen with that pig demon Grom?

@AVEITWITHJAMON: There's a troll with a metal hand as well, eh? Which tpb is the story in?

Yeah, that's who I'm talking about.

And the guy I think Wink is partially based on is Unmensch from Hellboy vol. 2: Wake The Devil since his hand can also launch and has a chain attatched (think I saw Wink do it in some behind the scenes special). Grom is also a possibility and the first person I thought of when I saw Wink (Hellboy vol.3: The Chained Coffin and Others). It's definitely a mix of the two. Difference is Grom could talk. I don't think Wink talks in this movie.

I don't know much about Hellboy other than seeing the first movie. I have to say the trailer really has me interested in its fantasy. Its to have a movie like Hellboy that I'm not so hyped about. It comes as a nice surprise which is better than a movie ruined by too much spoilers or hype. That's how I felt about TIH a bit.

Yeah, that's who I'm talking about.

And the guy I think Wink is partially based on is Unmensch from Hellboy vol. 2: Wake The Devil since his hand can also launch and has a chain attatched (think I saw Wink do it in some behind the scenes special). Grom is also a possibility and the first person I thought of when I saw Wink (Hellboy vol.3: The Chained Coffin and Others). It's definitely a mix of the two. Difference is Grom could talk. I don't think Wink talks in this movie.

Yeah, I remember the Unmensch guy. He kept calling Big Red "Zirkus Affe" or something like that similar to "circus ape."

In one of the TV spots I noticed Wink roaring at Hellboy. Now prior to this I hadn't seen any of the tv spots, so the most I'd seen of Wink was simply him walking and throwing a punch or two at Hellboy. There it looked like he roared from his chest, do ee ken? Basically it was like the upper half of his body was bent forward in a roar, and I couldn't tell whether or not it was an animatronic, or a cg effect. It was that fluid. :up:

saw the trailer with Hulk today. looks pretty good. i liked the first movie. loved the 2 cartoons. especially Blood & Iron.

Just wanted to say . . . I CANT WAIT TO SEE HBII!

Yeah, I remember the Unmensch guy. He kept calling Big Red "Zirkus Affe" or something like that similar to "circus ape."

In one of the TV spots I noticed Wink roaring at Hellboy. Now prior to this I hadn't seen any of the tv spots, so the most I'd seen of Wink was simply him walking and throwing a punch or two at Hellboy. There it looked like he roared from his chest, do ee ken? Basically it was like the upper half of his body was bent forward in a roar, and I couldn't tell whether or not it was an animatronic, or a cg effect. It was that fluid. :up:

It's a combination of the acting skills of Brian Steele, who is in the suit, and Mark Setrakian and the animatronic guys. Put the two together and you have perfection. :D

HM

You're talking about the hooded guys that are usually seen with that pig demon Grom?

@AVEITWITHJAMON: There's a troll with a metal hand as well, eh? Which tpb is the story in?

Sorry, i meant the pig demon Grom, not a troll, and yeah the Nazi guy from Wake The Devil had a metal hand as well which HB crushed.

Also, at the of Seed Of Destruction TPB, there were some early HB short stories, one of them had Von Klempt with an Ape with metal hands, and guess what the ape and Hellboy punch each others hands and the Ape's hand is crushed, now we know were they got it from for Wink :yay:.

Ha. Looks like Wink is a combination of all the brute characters (or at least inspired by since Mignola apparently had a thing for metal limbs).

Ha. Looks like Wink is a combination of all the brute characters (or at least inspired by since Mignola apparently had a thing for metal limbs).

Definately, just like Sammael in the first movie, he was definately inspired by some of the creature's in the comics. Wink looks like he will be no different.

Well there pretty much just an updated more menacing version of the frog monsters.

Well there pretty much just an updated more menacing version of the frog monsters.

Sammael you mean? Yeah thats exactly what they were, although the frog monstors were able to paralyse HB. Thats the only difference really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"