Age of Extinction Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB looks almost the same like in TF1,2,3. Prime has a fresh design.

So that's about 8am UK time Thursday isn't it?

Last edited:
Nice!

There's also some new footage goen round from some reality music thing. Showed Grimlock stomping through a city with Prime, close up of Hound and a shot of Grimlock showing off his Fire breath.

Looks pretty rad.

Now I don't mean this in regards or in comparison to the posters but I can't be the only one that has noticed that the bots in Age Of Extinction don't look anywhere near as good as they did in DOTM or even ROTF.

I mean I haven't seen a single screenshot that matches this level of photo realism.

AT9kKop.jpg

It's obvious that ILM is working with a relatively smaller budget and that they've reduced the number of pieces and lighting work for each bot.

That's one the only things I enjoyed about these movies and it looks like even that has been downgraded too. :(

Now I don't mean this in regards or in comparison to the posters but I can't be the only one that has noticed that the bots in Age Of Extinction don't look anywhere near as good as they did in DOTM or even ROTF.

I mean I haven't seen a single screenshot that matches this level of photo realism.

AT9kKop.jpg

It's obvious that ILM is working with a relatively smaller budget and that they've reduced the number of pieces and lighting work for each bot.

That's one the only things I enjoyed about these movies and it looks like even that has been downgraded too. :(

Well that was a big reason for simplifying the bots designs.

the reason they also look different is that ILM is using a new software for rendering on TF4 compared to 1,2 and 3.

Well, from the trailers it looks like the bots still look as good as ever.

Nice!

There's also some new footage goen round from some reality music thing. Showed Grimlock stomping through a city with Prime, close up of Hound and a shot of Grimlock showing off his Fire breath.

Looks pretty rad.

You mean this video?

[YT]PuQkOGVZAeI[/YT]

Sounds like a pretty cool song too.

If you look carefully at the far left when Grimlock is breathing fire, Drift can be seen moving... And the Chicago ship battle, you can not only see Bee on the top off the fighter, but Chrosshairs/hound in the cockpit.... And the three main humans in the back seat...

Are Imagine Dragons going to replace Linkin Park as the enders of theese films, or is that just a marketing campaign?

I think they are replacing them....

Are Imagine Dragons going to replace Linkin Park as the enders of theese films, or is that just a marketing campaign?

They probably will replace Linkin Park and they were quite involved in the whole scoring process according to the description.

Following an early footage screening of the film, Imagine Dragons wrote the original song "BATTLE CRY," which Bay used in critical points in the film.

Additionally, the band contributed original music during the scoring process by recording cues with Jablonsky, the film's composer, and Hans Zimmer, who assisted in the process. The collaboration resulted in added depth to the sound of the film.

I was hoping Linkin Park would return for the credits song after Prime's Speech...
Guess Imagine Dragons is cool too...

Well, it makes sence. Linking Park were already kinda antiquated when the first film came out. With antiquated i mean that they had just received so much exposure in early 2000s and by then it felt very off, the kind of music fan videos were putting in the earlier days of the internet.

I'm wondering if that means there will only be one soundtrack, with some Imagine Dragons songs included, or will they release an additional one with other bands like before?

Why?

Not having a go but musicians, and certainly composers would find that quite narrow minded.

Look at my screen name. I've never enjoyed rock music, well, any current music really, in films. For one, it tends to date the movie. Second, I very much prefer the two to be handled by their prospective professionals. Believe me, most musicians aren't nearly on the level of any of these composers. The talent difference there is astronomical. That isn't a slap in the face. That's just a general observation. To compare what a band does to what a composer does is basically night and day.

It's not like they've taken over and composed the whole score for the movie.

The band contributed original music during the scoring process by recording cues with Jablonsky, the film's composer, and Hans Zimmer, who assisted in the process. The collaboration resulted in added depth to the sound of the film.

I'd much rather they do this rather than release some crap soundtrack with Nickelback and Paramore on it.

It's not like they've taken over and composed the whole score for the movie.

I'd much rather they do this rather than release some crap soundtrack with Nickelback and Paramore on it.

It's not all that different. Sounds like they were given some time signatures, maybe a tempo and told to do some things on certain beats, but it's not that different than your crap soundtrack with Nickelback and Paramore. I guess if you like Imagine Dragons it's not nearly as bad, but a generic rock band is a generic rock band to me. :shrugs:

Linkin Park was already kinda dated by the time the first film came out. Either way, those scores are usually only used in the end with Optimus Prime's speech, outside of that, the film usually uses the composer's music only.

Considering who these movies are clearly marketed for, I'm not going to debate this any further.

If I'm entertained and had fun watching it, that's all that matters. I doubt anyone is looking for this soundtrack to take the scoring process to the next level.

Linkin Park was already kinda dated by the time the first film came out. Either way, those scores are usually only used in the end with Optimus Prime's speech, outside of that, the film usually uses the composer's music only.

Those songs were used a lot more than that, and that was the issue. It was jarring to hear that damn riff every time they figured something out, or they were shown driving, particularly in ROTF. If it was only done at the end, I wouldn't have nearly the issue I had with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"