Transformers Transformers=Big Action??

bays far better with budgets n effects than raimi was. remember, rami+maguire+dunst+francos combined salary is over 50 million. bays+cast of transformers is around 20 million.

bays far better with budgets n effects than raimi was. remember, rami+maguire+dunst+francos combined salary is over 50 million. bays+cast of transformers is around 20 million.
Thats what I was thinking. Thats what nipped spider-man 3 in the a$$ so maybe the could still have the same caliber in action infact im betting Transformers delivering more just because of ILM.

Well in the recent interview for his film Disturbia Shia Lebouf began his little description of Transformers stating the film has 20 set pieces. While Spider-man 2 had only 5. I find this hard to believe considering the fact that Spider-man 2 had a budget of 200 Million. 50 Million more than this film and take into thought that 300 was filmed for only 60 million which means the difference between the two films could have nearly financed 300. Seems fishy to me that there is that much action going on. Unless the set pieces are less then 15 seconds long Micheal Bay must being doing something to get all the explosions and CGI. I just dont know how all of that can work on a budget that big while Ghost Rider had a budget of 120 Million ,only 30 million less than Transformers,and the action sucked. Maybe I am wrong about the Budget. Thoughts??

I understand what you're saying... but this is Michael Bay.... 20 action set-pieces doesn't surprise me;)... But moneywice, I can see how that's difficult to believe!:huh:

Well then I guess its settled. 12 Action Sequences seems more solid than the massive 20 which would kill even Spider-man 3's budget. I wonder what the action sequences are? Anyone have any ideas?? I though there would only be 3 big battles with a few little fights mixed between and during the main battles.

they are...

1.Blackout Destroys Army Base
2.Scorpionock Attacks
3.Barricade v. Bumblee
4.Autobots v. Sector 7 (bumblee taken!)
5.Frenzy attacks Air Force 1
6.Frenzy attacks programmers (inside Hoover Damn)
7.Optimus v. Boncrusher/Barricade (highway chase scene)
8. Autobots v Decepticons (1, probably Ironhide and rachet v. Blackout)
9.Autobots v Decepticons (2, probably Jazz being a badass, then get killed by Megatron)
10.Autobots + Army v. Decpticons (3,Bumblee v. Brawl)
11.Shia Escapes with All spark (chase scene)
12. Prime v. Megatron

Which would all be freaking badass.

they are...

2.Scorpionock Attacks
3.Barricade v. Bumblee
9.Autobots v Decepticons (2, probably Jazz being a badass, then get killed by Megatron)
12. Prime v. Megatron

God I hope you right. That would be beyond freaking badass. That would surpass X-men 3 and spider-man 2. Wow I really hope the 10th Set piece is right the most. It would be incredible to see US Tanks try to blow up Brawl only to get tossed like toy cars. I would have said 9 but I dont want jazz to die.:csad: He so cool. Let them kill ratchet. :csad: Also sad but IMO I would rather see him go than jazz. BTW were did you get this info or are you just guessing??

Well in the recent interview for his film Disturbia Shia Lebouf began his little description of Transformers stating the film has 20 set pieces. While Spider-man 2 had only 5. I find this hard to believe considering the fact that Spider-man 2 had a budget of 200 Million. 50 Million more than this film and take into thought that 300 was filmed for only 60 million which means the difference between the two films could have nearly financed 300. Seems fishy to me that there is that much action going on. Unless the set pieces are less then 15 seconds long Micheal Bay must being doing something to get all the explosions and CGI. I just dont know how all of that can work on a budget that big while Ghost Rider had a budget of 120 Million ,only 30 million less than Transformers,and the action sucked. Maybe I am wrong about the Budget. Thoughts??

You're not wrong about the budget. It's that while other films like Spider-Man 2 would waste time on "drama" and "storyline" the superior Transformers will compensate with many consecutive explosions that will be sure to rake in hundreds of millions of dollars with the 300 audience.

You're not wrong about the budget. It's that while other films like Spider-Man 2 would waste time on "drama" and "storyline" the superior Transformers will compensate with many consecutive explosions that will be sure to rake in hundreds of millions of dollars with the 300 audience.

LOL!! :woot:

they are...

2.Scorpionock Attacks
3.Barricade v. Bumblee
12. Prime v. Megatron

:cmad: why the black one gotta die first?

Its an educated guess from reading the script/trailers and interviews.

:cmad: why the black one gotta die first?

Bay's mantra is to follow EVERY hollywood cliche to a tee.
Why do you think they turned Bumblebee into an uber-powerful sports car? Prime says "My bad." The Decepticons are "monsters." And Optimus Prime is a "trick my trick" chrome-laden tacky big-rig.

Cliche is the key to (Bay's) hollywood success.

Though my #1 in looking forward list is Spidey 3, I must admit that TF has one of the greatest CGI scenes among other blockbuster scoming out. And it has only $150m as the budget, what is shocking for me :up:

Modernize is wrong. Hes talking literal set pieces. Im talking basically the action sequences which is what set pieces stand for. Modernize is talking about sets.Not set pieces.

I looked it up...my bad (in the optimus voice) here's wikipedia's def:

(In film, a set piece is an elaborate sequence which sees either a chase, fight, or other action taking place in an original and memorable way. )

I just went one one too many studio tours where they talked about sound stages and these huge sets and set pieces. So I unlike alot of people on this board can say...."I was wrong"

I think half of those pieces are in the trailers...lol

^^^^Its ok modernize lol I get mixed up with stuff too sometimes :p

:whatever: Same here. I wish the wouldnt invade my thread with negativity. Wasnt even talking about the movie cliches but the action in the movie. Oh well.

oh quit crying i wasn't even serious.

No not you I got your post. You were trying to make a joke on how jazz is black or something like that right and why does he have to die?? :huh: Lol then i got it. I was talking to Cflash who hates everything about Michael Bay and brough it to my thread. :cmad:

well, to be honest jdre...you asked for thoughts and CFlash gave his to you.

Yes I asked for his thoughts.......On the Set Pieces!!! Not the movie as a whole. Which he was doing. He was going for the movie again. :whatever: I asked what are peoples thoughts on the set pieces and action. There are 4 other threads discussing the film as a whole and he can go there.

Thoughts on the action though,Cflash just looked for an opening to attack Bumblebee being a Camaro and Prime having Flames and bay in general for the umpteenth time which has nothing to do with the action in the movie

Thoughts on the action though,Cflash just looked for an opening to attack Bumblebee being a Camaro and Prime having Flames and bay in general for the umpteenth time which has nothing to do with the action in the movie

I swear your becoming like Nelson on Bay's boards.
Anyway, I apologize. I don't like [BLACKOUT]Jazz dying[/BLACKOUT] in the movie either.

As for the action? Lots of movies have stupendous action and fantastic CGI. I'm sure this one will be no different. Personally, I'm betting on the action in Spider-man 3 to have more depth (storywise) and more realism (Spidey actually rips his suit and gets cuts when he fights).

I swear your becoming like Nelson on Bay's boards.
Anyway, I apologize. I don't like [blackout]Jazz dying[/blackout] in the movie either.

As for the action? Lots of movies have stupendous action and fantastic CGI. I'm sure this one will be no different. Personally, I'm betting on the action in Spider-man 3 to have more depth (storywise) and more realism (Spidey actually rips his suit and gets cuts when he fights).

Why does Nelson tell it like it is ?

The SM3 stuff looks good but the CGI is so obvious in some of the stuff and has no weight.

For those who don't know, Nelson is the admin for Michael Bay's forum, shootfortheedit.com.

All respect CFlash..I agree with you on a lot of points but HR is nowhere near like Nelson. Nelson belittles anything non-Bay but Transformers related every chance he gets and worships Bay's footsteps. He has pretty much turned shootfortheedit.com into a G1/Transformer fan flameboard. HR is just showing his approval for this movie. Nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"