Transformers Transformers Prequel Comics Discussion Thread

Put mine on reserve today..picking up tommorow...some new sheets are in the gallery here.

The third issue comes out tomorrow right? Think I will order them from the IDW site....

I have some questions.
1. Is the comic hard to find??
2. Is it worth it??
3.Are there any big battles or previews shots from the movie?
Thanks

Spidey Lover 10...thanks for making this thread enjoyable...hahaha

Thanks again Overman. BTW can anyone give me a detail description of the first 3 issues??? Im gonna get the TPB when it comes out but I just wanna see what im getting..also some physical description of the bots would be appreciated. Thanks:cwink:

I got issue 2 and 3 today from a local shop. Had to win issue 1 from EBay. So now have to wait for that.

Anybody know if/when the collected tpb is supposed to be released?

The TBP Edition will be released on June 25 during the Comic adaption of the Movie which I hope is awesome.:cwink:

Issue 3 was pretty sweet...These comics read really quick!

Sector 7 knows about Bumblee, and he is NBETWO, not Prime as many thought!

Starscream, Barricade, and Blackout are pictured destroying the Mars Rover...

Issue 3 was pretty sweet...These comics read really quick!

Sector 7 knows about Bumblee, and he is NBETWO, not Prime as many thought!

Starscream, Barricade, and Blackout are pictured destroying the Mars Rover...

who NBE-2????????

All you comic readers, does it say on why Megs 'looks' evil, yet Prime doesn't? I mean, they both were guardians of Cybertron and ruled together, yet one looks like he has the potentially, facially, to turn into an evil, maniacle, power hungey tryrant..wtf?

All you comic readers, does it say on why Megs 'looks' evil, yet Prime doesn't? I mean, they both were guardians of Cybertron and ruled together, yet one looks like he has the potentially, facially, to turn into an evil, maniacle, power hungey tryrant..wtf?

They do mention that their leadership qualities were sort of Good Cop/Bad Cop where Prime relied on fairness and justice while Megatron relied on force.

Just started reading the novel prequel. Just a few things from the beginning... is that the autonomous bots are in the Ark. Decepticons also have a ship called the Nemesis. Starscream is in command due to Megatrons disappearance. Humans are using Ice-Man/Megatron to reverse engineer(ala terminator). Discuss :cwink:

Just started reading the novel prequel. Just a few things from the beginning... is that the autonomous bots are in the Ark. Decepticons also have a ship called the Nemesis. Starscream is in command due to Megatrons disappearance. Humans are using Ice-Man/Megatron to reverse engineer(ala terminator). Discuss :cwink:

That's pretty cool. I'm glad they worked in the Ark into the story... at least in the novelization.

Couple of thoughts:

1) I wish Shockwave was in it.

2) One thing though: I always felt that the 4 million years Ark crash was done by the original writers for a reason. I mean, storywise, there was no real reason for the writers to do that. It served no real purpose (no one had thought about the Dinobots yet... and Beast Wars was years away).....

BUT what it did do was put a totally different spin on the "alien invaders" story. It was thought-provoking. I can't count the number of times I've looked up at a mountain and thought (I wonder what's in there). Also, the fact that they landed at a time when the very animals and plants that were roaming the Earth would LATER become their preferred source of fuel (fossil fuels) was very symbolic... and also thought-provoking. It was different.

Some fun things are hidden in Prequel #3 for the astute reader. Look closely to find alt modes of some of our favorite G1 characters:

- Optimus Prime
- Ironhide
- Trailbreaker
- Bumblebee
- Octane
- Motormaster

Depending on how far you want to stretch your art interpretation:

- Sideswipe

Yeah, I immediately noticed Prime's G1 alt mode.

yup. to Prime's left is Trailbreaker. Behind Prime is Octane, and in the carpool lane is Ironhide.

Is it just me or does Starscream look really cool in his protoform for prequel comic #4? Even his head looks better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"