Revenge of the Fallen Transformers Sequal:The Reign of Starscream

Here, I'm finally able to post it. This is a cool pick but its kinda weird, All the Autobots and Starscream. Why didn't they just put all the transformers in it. Any way you can see how big he is compared to all the autobots. I think we will see him battling a lot more in Tf2 but I don't see him getting in any one on one fights where its just him against one autobot unless there is a bigger autobot like Magnus. I could see Bumblebee charging up to him to fight and starscream just punting him away. My argument holds no merrit because there is no telling what will happen. Its purley for discussion that I bring this up

Groupshot2.jpg

Your theory is interesting, but I think Jazz would have been able to put up a fight, or at least would have been brace enough to stand and fight him. It seemed Starscream was afraid of Megatron, so Jazz wouldnt be afraid to face SS.

But seeing as Jazz has been confirmed as dead, there is only really Ultra Magnus who could stand up to Starscream, and that is one battle i would love to see.

I speak metaphorically. In most continuities, Shockwave fights to the last stand before the apocalypse (Unicron usually) comes. Starscream usually becomes a ghost or zombie.

Oh right, has Megatron ever actually defeated Shockwave or vice-versa?

Soundwave has been trapped on Earth since the events of 1984, it's a great read. There is plenty of Prime action so you need not fear.

Excellent, its out in a few weeks so i will be getting it, also what Stormbringer like? I beleive it is Shockwave centric.

No the main bad guy in Stormbringer is Bludgeon, the Soundwave Spotlight kind of connects the plot started in Shockwave Spotlight to the events of Stormbringer. The seeds of destruction Shockwave planted in Prehistoric Earth for the future is a great story and well written. It isn't greatly important to know what happens in Stormbringer as it's main plot is a stand alone to the Infultraion/Escalation/Devastation saga's but the events does connect the two and add some back story. I highly recommend reading it anyway.

I highly suggest the new IDW launch. Every bit and corner of it. It all connects, is well written, and EXTREMELY well drawn. Freaking art.

Well maybe not now, but dying is a typical mythological habit in the franchise. Megatron wouldn't be Megatron without returning from the dead and reducing Starscream or Shockwave to slag to show them who's boss: and Prime is a self-sacrificing messiac figure.

I'm hoping that Megatron doesn't kill Starscream, assuming that he takes over leadership of the Decepticons. The reason being that we would never really get to see the relationship between those two on screen, aside from their brief exchange in TF1. I'd rather Megatron just beat the crap out SS to the point of near death or Starscream manages gets away again.

The Megatron/Starscream/Soundwave dynamic needs to be preserved in the film franchise.

It looks like one of the Sector 7 buggys. Wasn't there a movie line toy that had one of those?

Well you never know, just have to wait for it to come out then I guess ;)

Here, I'm finally able to post it. This is a cool pick but its kinda weird, All the Autobots and Starscream. Why didn't they just put all the transformers in it. Any way you can see how big he is compared to all the autobots. I think we will see him battling a lot more in Tf2 but I don't see him getting in any one on one fights where its just him against one autobot unless there is a bigger autobot like Magnus. I could see Bumblebee charging up to him to fight and starscream just punting him away. My argument holds no merrit because there is no telling what will happen. Its purley for discussion that I bring this up
They didn't cause Megatron would have been CG trickery and Brawl is a trick (the tank was a prop from another movie and fake to boot). Then you have Blackout who'd be around 33% larger than Starscream.

The MH-53J is much bigger than an F-22 Raptor. In fact you could probably fit Bumble bee and Jazz in alt mode inside Blackout in alt mode.

Compare.
F-22
Length: 18.90 metres
Width: 13.56 m
Height: 5.08 m

MH-53J
Length: 28 m
Rotor diameter: 21.9 m (the actual width would be prolly a third of the rotor diameter)
Height: 7.6 m

The first issue came out yesterday! You can find it in your local comic shop.

It didn't break a whole lot of new ground, but gave the events of the first comic series and the movie from Starscreams perspective. This helped tied up many lose ends including what happened to Barricade, the whole Mars thing, and some time issues.

Solid art, and story, but like I said it didn't move forward much.

New Characters introduced:
Prowl, Arcee, and a Decepticon called Deathbomb or something, but he is in critical condition after being bombed in space

So get ready to see at least the first two in the new movie!

I think Arcee was introduced in the prequal comic, she was with BB when Megs attacked.

Correct! My bad, they go out of their way to mention both her and the first guy's name in this issue, so I'm taking that as a pretty good indication.

I'd love too see Starscream leading the cons in the sequel. Would be amazing to see him pulling in other seeker(s) too.

No the main bad guy in Stormbringer is Bludgeon, the Soundwave Spotlight kind of connects the plot started in Shockwave Spotlight to the events of Stormbringer. The seeds of destruction Shockwave planted in Prehistoric Earth for the future is a great story and well written. It isn't greatly important to know what happens in Stormbringer as it's main plot is a stand alone to the Infultraion/Escalation/Devastation saga's but the events does connect the two and add some back story. I highly recommend reading it anyway.

I'm trying to get hold of it but it seems my local stores dont like TF comics, might try amazon.co.uk or play.com but havent shopped online yet so i'm a bit wary of it.

What was the explaintion for Barricade missing?

Missing from the end battel? Well, in the comic they have the freeway scene in one panel, right before Optimus & Bonecrusher duke it out. Well, Ironhide run Barricade into a concrete post/barrier on the freeway, he smacks head on into it .... but he is not out for the count that. Is that what you meant?

I have a question ... in the beginning of the comic, when the 'Cons land on Earth, they shoot it out with someone. It looks like they are fighting amongst themselves and SS says that they lost one of their own ... who was it they lost? I cannot tell who it is by the looks of the panel.

Second issue came out yesterday!

Great art...Any Transformers fan not picking this up is missing out!!!!

Just got Megatron:Origin, Infiltration and Stormbringer, havent read them yet, trying to get hold of Spotlight Vol 1 also but cant seem to in UK. I have asked my brother who lives in Australia to try and get it for me.

Looking forward to this hitting TPB.

Oh yeah i will be buying the TPB of this.

Nice one AVEIT, they are all a gread read, good luck with the Spotlight TP I think they are out of publication so it might be hard to get a hold of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"