Revenge of the Fallen Transformers Sequal:The Reign of Starscream

On topic of movie alt mode lengths, a rough scale image for Blackout & Jetfire:

Bearing in mind that the transformers look bigger when they transform into robot mode, Jetfire is gonna be hella massive!

On topic of movie alt mode lengths, a rough scale image for Blackout & Jetfire:

Bearing in mind that the transformers look bigger when they transform into robot mode, Jetfire is gonna be hella massive!

I always thought of Jetfire as the missing link between the normal Transformers and the massive robots like Omega Supreme, Devastator, Sixshot, Unicron etc.

Just ordered my first 2 issues of this. Wasn't that impressed with the prequel comics so hope its better. Anyone after the spotlight issued, just keep checking e-bay they are all on there at one time or another, thats where I got mine from, managed to now have most of the IDW issued except for 2-4 of Stormbringer, they never seem to be on there for some reason.
Gutted that that 'bot on the cover isn't Hound I'd love him to come into it, with so many G1 characters to choose from I can't understand why they keep making up their own new ones.

It's about time Starscream got his due. :woot:

Can anyone give us cheap skates who don't wanna buy the comics, a run down of the story?

The first issue follows the story of the film from Starscream's perspective, with him organizing his team to follow Megatron to Earth. During the battle in Mission City, Starscream is enraged by Megatron's uncaring attitude towards the death of his comrades. Following his leader's death, Starscream meets with a wounded Barricade (whom Ironhide caused to crash into a barrier and thus miss the battle) and is told the dead Frenzy had important files on Sam Witwicky and the All Spark. Starscream tells Barricade to carry on his role as his spy on Earth, while he flies to the Hoover Dam to recover Frenzy.

In the second issue, Starscream retrieves Frenzy but is injured, and he is forced to return to Mars in F-22 Raptor form. He explains to Thundercracker he likes his Earth form though, admitting he admires the humans for killing Megatron and destroying the All Spark. The two Seekers decide to return to Cybertron, using Frenzy's data to recreate the All Spark. They begin transmitting the data to Cybertron, and prepare to enter a Space Bridge. Starscream is confident with Optimus Prime on Earth, no one can stop his conquest of their home planet, unaware an Autobot team (consisting of Arcee, Cliffjumper, Air Raid, Camshaft, Smokescreen and Cosmos) are about to attack.

The third issue opens with the Autobots being engaged by a swarm of drones. They easily rip through them, even killing Hardtop, but are put on the defensive as Thundercracker arrives, killing several of them. Arcee, furious at history repeating itself as her colleagues fall, manages to badly wound him, but it is too late: a recharged Starscream arrives and kills all but her. The Decepticons return to Cybertron, with Ramjet having prepared things for his new lord. The data transmitted has been used, and a new All Spark is now under construction.

The series is consistent with Target Corporation's second prequel comic to the film with Wreckage being killed by humans upon arriving on Earth. However, the third issue refers to the torture of Bumblebee's squad (including Arcee) by Megatron, an event which took place in the first issue of the original prequel series, which seemingly takes place in a different continuity. The Transformers use spaceships, the absence of which in the film is explained by the Decepticons parking theirs (the Nemesis) on Mars before flying as protoforms to Earth

^:csad: No Ultra-Magnus, i may be wrong, but this doesnt bode well for him appearing in the sequel IMO.

The Reign of Starscream issue 3# cover.

1206237195_TF_Reign_of_Starscream_3_cover_by_dcjosh.jpg

Very cool photos. Thank you very much!!

I finished this today.

Review: Not bad, but not good. You can skip it without missing really anything needed for any movie. The overall series is muddled. They introduce a lot of new characters, but it is hard to tell who is who and what is what. Same problem with the aciton, something blows up, but you can't really make it out, so you end up not caring.

The most interesting thing about this series is Starscream's motives. You end up rooting for him. He is trying to end the war, unify a race, and help heal his homeworld. All good things in my book. Everyone else in these books just ends up mucking things up for him.

Overall: 4/10 Not worth buying, but maybe going to a Barnes and Noble and flipping thru the TPB when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"