The Dark Knight Rises Trilogy Curse Broken?

Bruce Malone

Superhero
Reaction score
Do we agree that after 30+ years of big screen comic book movies we finally have the first comic film trillogy to end on a high note?

Even though I thought it was just good and nothing spectacular. I say yes especially if I'm gonna compare it to Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3. The quality of the movie was the same as the first two movies.

Have to agree, although I didn't dislike SM3 nearly as much as most people. On the same token I wasn't super high up on SM2, like alot of fans are. Same thing with X-men, the first one was just ok to me, and the 3rd was pretty weak.

Indeed, best final chapter for a comic trilogy. It's the only trilogy that even feels "complete" IMHO for the genre. It really felt like a contiguous story, and yet still felt like three films.

I would say so but I dont think BB is great its good but the movies got better.

No doubt. It looks like The Dark Knight, Star Wars & Toy Story are the only series with a perfect trilogy. Hell, TDK is the only comic book series with a perfect trilogy & it looks like it'll be like that for a while. Even if IM3 is good, IM2 is still just an "okay" movie.

Yeah it's a shame what happened to Iron Man. The 1st was so good but with the rushed schedule and the whole forced avengers sub-plot the sequel couldn't live up to the standard.

I never understood why third parters in the movie world seem to be universally goofier and dumbed down except with this franchise and of course Toy Story.

No doubt. It looks like The Dark Knight, Star Wars & Toy Story are the only series with a perfect trilogy. Hell, TDK is the only comic book series with a perfect trilogy & it looks like it'll be like that for a while. Even if IM3 is good, IM2 is still just an "okay" movie.

That is high praise, even many Bat fans were not that happy with TDKR and then there are some that dislike BB or TDK.

But yes, if this movie becomes successful financially and critically, (it has got good reviews by top critics, though to a lesser extent as compared to previous one.)

Lord of the Rings?

Yeah it's a shame what happened to Iron Man. The 1st was so good but with the rushed schedule and the whole forced avengers sub-plot the sequel couldn't live up to the standard.

With Iron Man it is interesting situation where third part may be better than the Second part.

I'd add LOTR to that list as well, even though ROTK stumbled a bit, it was still a great movie imo

I'd say sam raimi avoided the trilogy curse.

However, christopher nolan took the trilogy curse, had sex with it's mother, gave it a bane-sized beating, and told it that after this movie does gangbusters at the B.O., had his permission to die.

In terms of comic book movies, I loved all three Spider-Man films. All the Nolan Batman films were great too. But none of these are perfect. I cannot compare Spidey and Bats though. Too different.

I don't feel the Avengers sub-plot had any negative impact on the movie other than the way it was handled. Had a more competent writer done the story I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.

I wish Peter Jackson released a trimmed down version of the LOTR trilogy because honestly I really don't feel Fellowship or ROTK hold my interest anymore because of their plodding pace while I think Two Towers is excellent with the branching storylines working well together.

Do we agree that after 30+ years of big screen comic book movies we finally have the first comic film trillogy to end on a high note?

Relative to everything else I guess you could say yes.

I said this in my official review, but TDKR didn't just break the 'third movie curse'; it shattered the notion that said curse even exists.

i dont feel it did break the curse... the series peaked in the second film just like any other comic book franchise before it.

the only perfect trilogy since star wars is LOTR.. but i guess thats cheating.

This is the only series of superhero films that has broken the trilogy curse. I still think (or hope) Iron Man has a shot though, because I was one of the few who liked Iron Man 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"