The Dark Knight TDK as the bridge between BB and the third film

rohitiyer

Civilian
Reaction score
From what I've heard, Nolan's Batman series was always intended as a trilogy and I love that.

And therefore The Dark Knight happens to be the bridge between Batman Begins and the third one. I'm starting this thread as a place where we can discuss how TDK will directly and indirectly affect the third film of the trilogy.

What should it foreshadow? And what plot points can it build up that will be finally stitched up in the final film?

I love the way Batman Begins ended. It made me feel appreciated as an audience member because I knew that Nolan & crew were in it for the long haul.

I'd like to see TDK end on a similar note, only more epic and build up to one of the greatest finales in comic-book or indeed any kind of film.

at most it should only have a final scene hinting at what could eventually be.

Obviously two face would fit that category.

at most it should only have a final scene hinting at what could eventually be.

Obviously two face would fit that category.

That's probably what we'll be getting I think. But I also think there's so much scope for things to be set up at throughout the rest of the movie also. I'm actually kind of hoping we get Selina Kyle referenced somewhere near the end. I'd like to see Catwoman on screen in the last one. Especially considering how Bruce and Rachel lacked chemistry in Begins.

^^ Speaking of which, I'm still curious as to how Bruce and Rachel's relationship builds in TDK and where it goes. I hope it's not stretched into the third film for reasons already stated.

I love the way Batman Begins ended. It made me feel appreciated as an audience member because I knew that Nolan & crew were in it for the long haul.

Yeah...unless WB screws them over with the garbage heap called Justice Leauge and Nolan walks. Then I'll feel exactly how I felt when my dad died when I was 8.

I'd like to see TDK end on a similar note, only more epic and build up to one of the greatest finales in comic-book or indeed any kind of film.

Catwoman and Two-Face are a must...I actually wouldn't mind seeing HUSH if that's a possibility.

I just read the IGN interview, and Nolan says:

"I wouldn't want to give away too much about this film, but the thing I will say, and I said it a lot about Batman Begins and it was genuinely the truth, is I don't think in terms of sequels. I think in terms of making this film the best film it can be and the most complete film it can be."

That's a bit disappointing, but I can see where he's coming from. I still believe he and Jonathan Nolan aren't naive enough not to leave some loose ends in TDK. Let's see.

I hope they tie up all the loose ends in the Dark Knight like they did in Begins but leave it open for Harvey/Two Face to really cause some havok.

However, Nolan is renowned for his twists and I doubt this will be any different. Maybe we will be introduced to another villain that has played a part in the Jokers uprising or Scarecrow/Crane will be back to assist Two Face in the third movie after his previous run ins with Rachel Dawes? Who knows?

TDK is going to be comparable to Empire Strikes Back in terms of most intense and best film in the triology.

I think that, after symbolically castrating him, Joker will reveal he is actually Bruce's father.

TDK is going to be comparable to Empire Strikes Back in terms of most intense and best film in the triology.

I'm hoping that the cycle is more like Birth>Adolescence>Maturity in terms of themes in this trilogy.

It's great that TDK is packed chock-full of characters, action and story. But I'd like the third film to be more personal and the most psychological and of course, the most emotional.

In that sense, I would agree with you.

I just read the IGN interview, and Nolan says:

"I wouldn't want to give away too much about this film, but the thing I will say, and I said it a lot about Batman Begins and it was genuinely the truth, is I don't think in terms of sequels. I think in terms of making this film the best film it can be and the most complete film it can be."

That's a bit disappointing, but I can see where he's coming from. I still believe he and Jonathan Nolan aren't naive enough not to leave some loose ends in TDK. Let's see.

I don't find it disappointing. I love fact he's not thinking ahead but concentrating and putting everything into one film at a time.

I think that, after symbolically castrating him, Joker will reveal he is actually Bruce's father.

Wow, Sigmund Freud visits this board and is also a Star Wars fan. Go figure.

I don't find it disappointing. I love fact he's not thinking ahead but concentrating and putting everything into one film at a time.

Agreed. A Director can lose sight of his current vision if he's preoccupied with thinking about future ideas/films.

Agreed. A Director can lose sight of his current vision if he's preoccupied with thinking about future ideas/films.

Thirded.

And yeah im agreeing this might be the Empire Strike's Back, since things go down the poo poo drain in this one.

Hhmm... Yeah, you know. I doubt it'll be a simple "bridge" between BB and the third film. Nolan has often said that he puts everything he can in every individual film, and treats it as such. So, it's great if in the end we get a trilogy but every part of it should be individual and (possibly) independent. If it can't stand on its own (at least a bit), they did something wrong I guess.

You guys gotta remember, Harv was all for justice before he became Two-Face...I can see Nolan drawing on some interesting parallels between he and Bruce/Batman. There is also the fact that Bruce is probably going to be hesitant to want to take down a former colleague...

You guys gotta remember, Harv was all for justice before he became Two-Face...I can see Nolan drawing on some interesting parallels between he and Bruce/Batman. There is also the fact that Bruce is probably going to be hesitant to want to take down a former colleague...

I just hope that Harvey Dent doesn't end up like Harry Osborn in Raimi's Spiderman movies. That would be pathetic.

I just hope that Harvey Dent doesn't end up like Harry Osborn in Raimi's Spiderman movies. That would be pathetic.

I think the characters are very different. Yeah, they are both ex-friends, but that's where the comparison ends. I have faith Eckhart's gonna do justice to the character and make him amazing.

On a side note, the Harry villian arc was the best part of Spidey 3. He was the best villain in the movie, and they ruined it by doing the cheesy team up. Oh well.

I'm concerned about Dent. Obviously he won't be nearly as cool as Joker in TDK... but the thing is... Two-Face HAS to be just as interesting, if not more interesting to be worthy of seeing in part 3. How the hell can Eckhart top Ledger?

I'm concerned about Dent. Obviously he won't be nearly as cool as Joker in TDK... but the thing is... Two-Face HAS to be just as interesting, if not more interesting to be worthy of seeing in part 3. How the hell can Eckhart top Ledger?

I'm hoping Ledger will be in the 3rd one as well.

Hhmm... Yeah, you know. I doubt it'll be a simple "bridge" between BB and the third film. Nolan has often said that he puts everything he can in every individual film, and treats it as such. So, it's great if in the end we get a trilogy but every part of it should be individual and (possibly) independent. If it can't stand on its own (at least a bit), they did something wrong I guess.

I agree. I think this thread is kinda pointless, no offense. TDK is more than a mere bridge, as that implies it won't stand on its own. Nolan's new interview already nulls any idea that TDK is a bridge. Its its own movie.

I agree. I think this thread is kinda pointless, no offense. TDK is more than a mere bridge, as that implies it won't stand on its own. Nolan's new interview already nulls any idea that TDK is a bridge. Its its own movie.

I agree with what's being said about TDK not being merely a bridge. But once the third part comes out, it will be the second part in a trilogy. So in that sense, it is important and at the same time a stepping stone.

I realize it will be a complete film in itself. I'd just like to see a few elements here or there which come back in the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"