Tron: Uprising

Being a half an hour show introduces some pretty big pacing problems sometimes.

Wow. Talk about a heck of a cliffhanger. The show better not have been canceled, because I need to see how this plays out.

It wasn't the last episode, was it ? If that the case I am a bit disappointed to not see Tron turning into Rinzler, I was expecting it in this episode.

Yes, it was the last episode.

argh the show would have been even more awesome with clu and a healed tron.

Having those two at the beginning would've garnered interests and helped ratings. But I don't mind since we needed to build up Beck.

Man what a season finale, sucks that it ended on a cliffhanger but I was so sure they were going to the Rinzler route at that moment. But yeah...Season 2 with Dyson/CLU/Tesler all after Beck and Tron will be badass if it happens.

I think the only way to have a season 2 is high blu ray/dvd sales. I know for sure i'm getting this bad boy on blu ray.

i'm definitely buying it if it's released on bluray.

i hope they do a comic if there's no season 2.

‘Tron: Uprising’ Likely Aired Its Last Episode Last Night, Thanks To Disney’s Fear Of Bronies

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/20...last-night-thanks-to-disneys-fear-of-bronies/

Tron: Uprising is everything we theoretically want out of a cartoon. It’s mature, well-written, possessed of a distinct and gorgeous design, and it has a top-notch voice cast. While it’s kid-friendly, you can watch it as an adult and enjoy it as a well-written action show. In theory, this is everything Disney would want out of an animated show that appeals largely to nerds in their twenties and thirties.

Of course, this assumes Disney wants any show of theirs to appeal to adults.

We the nerd blogs are as culpable as anything. After enjoying the pilot, the show honestly disappeared from my radar, largely because Disney wanted it that way. It got zero promotion to nerd blogs, and in fact it wasn’t even clear the show was available on streaming services.

To give you an idea of just how much Disney wants to put a bullet in this show, after a long hiatus over the summer it returned. To Sunday nights at midnight, and this is a show on Disney XD, a primarily kid-targeted network. Most midnights, it’s showing reruns.

So why is Disney packing off a show that has a rabid cult following, generally the kind of thing tiny cable networks want to encourage, off to die? Because it’s a show that appealed primarily to adults.

It’s worth noting that the ratings weren’t great even before Disney decided to put a bullet in the show, so that’s a factor. But a larger factor was probably who was watching, for two reasons. The first is that Disney XD isn’t designed to sell adult products to grown men and women, but toys and junk food to kids. The second requires a look at the corporate mindset.

It’s easy to forget that for most toy and cartoon conglomerates, the idea of having a Brony-like phenomenon on their hands scares the ever-loving hell out of them. Keep in mind that to a lot of people, being an adult fan of a children’s show still immediately marks you, at best, as a man-child who lives in the basement and writes creepy sexual fanfic. Some networks have realized that hey, money’s money, but for many, an adult fan base for a kid’s show is essentially the kiss of death.

It’s pretty clear Disney ran the numbers, decided they didn’t want the audience this show was getting, and worked to put a bullet in it. And that’s a shame. Tron: Uprising is a genuinely good show; well thought-out, faithful to the material without being slavishly dedicated to it, and making good use of its cast. Characters have personalities and opinions in this show, which is rare for even adult fare. It’s not perfect, by any means, but it is available on Amazon Instant Video, and if you like animation, it’s well worth buying an episode and giving it a try.

Following their link in that article...

http://www.nickandmore.com/2012/11/...premieres-to-sundays-at-midnight-in-december/

Disney XD Moves “TRON: Uprising” and “Motorcity” Premieres to Sundays at Midnight in December
Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - Posted by Bryan
TRON-Uprising-02-600x337.png

Talk about a burn-off… Disney XD has moved premieres of TRON: Uprising and Motorcity to Sunday nights at midnight (ET/PT, technically Monday morning) starting December 2.
It’s very likely a ratings issue. TRON premiered to low numbers this summer on XD and repeats on Disney Channel didn’t fare to well either, compared to other Disney Channel series. TRON ran for six weeks on Thursday nights (June 7 – July 12) before taking a long break when it returned for only three episodes (October 19 – November 2) on Friday nights. Known ratings for new and repeat episodes on both Disney XD and Disney Channel are below:

• Disney XD:
    • 6/7 9pm – 580,000 viewers
    • 6/14 9pm – 368,000 viewers
    • 6/21 9pm – 540,000 viewers
    • 6/28 8pm – 387,000 viewers
    • 7/5 8pm – 362,000 viewers
    • 7/12 8pm – 354,000 viewers
    • 10/19 7:30pm – 200,000 viewers
    • 10/26 7:30pm – not known
    • 11/2 7:30pm – 362,000 viewers
  • Disney Channel:
    • 5/18 9:30pm (Beck’s Beginning premiere) – 1.794 million viewers
    • 5/26 10pm (Beck’s Beginning repeat) – 1.277 million viewers
    • 7/13 10pm (repeat) – 2.183 million viewers
Motorcity-01-600x337.png

Motorcity, on the other hand, premiered on Disney XD’s higher rated Monday night following their live-action comedies on April 30 and aired three more episodes on the night (being the only new episode on May 14 and 21). Premieres then moved to Thursdays to join TRON in June, where seven more episodes aired. The long break took place and the show returned with TRON on Fridays at 8:30pm for three episodes in October. The show never aired on Disney Channel. Motorcity’s ratings breakdown is below:

• 4/30 9pm – 481,000 viewers
  • 5/7 9pm – 408,000 viewers
  • 5/14 9pm – 248,000 viewers
  • 5/21 9pm – 298,000 viewers
  • 6/7 9:30pm – 228,000 viewers
  • 6/14 9:30pm – 379,000 viewers
  • 6/21 9:30pm – 299,000 viewers
  • 6/28 8:30pm – 293,000 viewers
  • 7/5 8:30pm – 302,000 viewers
  • 7/12 8:30pm – 391,000 viewers
  • 7/19 8:30pm – 309,000 viewers
  • 10/19 8:30pm – 206,000 viewers
  • 10/26 8:30pm –190,000 viewers
  • 11/2 8:30pm – 338,000 viewers
Neither series has been renewed for a second season and with the low ratings and now moving to basically a Sunday death slot, chances are pretty slim.

‘Tron: Uprising’ Likely Aired Its Last Episode Last Night, Thanks To Disney’s Fear Of Bronies

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/20...last-night-thanks-to-disneys-fear-of-bronies/
Seriously, f*** those guys.

f***ing bronies.
You really think its another fandom's fault? Especially when Tron has films adults like? wow, guess they'll cancell Clone Wars and future Star wars films because adults enjoy them too! and yes, I do love MLP.

Nah, this is all on Disney. If the show wasn't doing great on the ratings, they should have just come out and say so. Blaming it on a fandom from an unrelated show just strikes me as stupid and kinda bizarre.

Just realized something I found on tumblr. Apparently this guy in Legacy who derezzed himself was meant to be Zed? I don't know if it's official but it sure does look like it.

gbjkFgG.jpg

gBRDgeQ.jpg
Is Link from the episode "The Reward" the other program with Sam on the recognizer? The one that tells Sam to be quiet if he wants to live.

I know petitions usually don't work out but I think it's worth looking.

zq22dX2.jpg

Awesome gifs Kane. I can always count on you to bring my dose of Tron to the Hype.
Man... I still hold out hope that Uprising isn't cancelled. Technically there hasn't been an official decision so...
Maybe?

i've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately and these 3 songs are my favourite

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaK2wpWVeZc[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iGWT4MNCB8[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e16A4-zVHu8[/YT]

Last edited:
Awesome gifs Kane. I can always count on you to bring my dose of Tron to the Hype.
Man... I still hold out hope that Uprising isn't cancelled. Technically there hasn't been an official decision so...
Maybe?

Thanks and I really hope they do go ahead and make the 2nd season. After hearing Bruce talk about Tron 3 in the Scifi Expo at Dallas a couple weeks ago, they are really moving forward with the franchise.

i've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately and these 3 songs are my favourite

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaK2wpWVeZc[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iGWT4MNCB8[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e16A4-zVHu8[/YT]

Love those tracks, I can't name a favorite because I love them all so much. The motif that plays all over the soundtrack is so damn catchy.

23 TRON Style Marvel Characters by Kristafer Anka

header-23-tron-style-marvel-characters-by-kristafer-anka.jpg
Free Reyes said:
Arist Kristafer Anka has taken various Marvel characters and given them a Tron style twist. Without having a familiar silhouette or more than two colors (one being black) it's amazing how many characters are still easily recognizable. Anka has created some really exceptional work mixing these 2 worlds together.

iFanboy Upstarts: Kilian Eng
Chris Arrant said:
There’s more than one way to be an artist in comics. While some follow the standard path of blind-submitting to the Big Two or making their name on the independent scene, some artists do comics on their own terms — and do many other things besides comics.

Swedish artist Kilian Eng channels the classic work of artists like Syd Mead and Moebius to create stunning works both post-modern and classical. Although Eng admires the work of comic art, to date he has only done one comic of his own — a short prestige-format graphic novel titled Syklus with writer Martin Ernstsen. This ultra-rare tome shows the cycle of the ending of the world and a look into what comes next, skirting the lines between surrealism and classic science fiction.

Recently, Portland’s own Floating World Comics published a monograph of Eng’s illustration and graphic design work titled Object 5, and the artist later contributed to the comic stories’ tribute to The Incal. This work potentially foreshadows more work from Eng aimed at American audiences in the future, and is something any fan of art or comics should look for. Eng’s currently working on a follow-up to Syklus along with an animated film project based on his work.
http://dwdesign.tumblr.com/

Last edited:

[YT]TaK2wpWVeZc[/YT]

[YT]4iGWT4MNCB8[/YT]

[YT]e16A4-zVHu8[/YT]

Fixed the embeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe