TV series that have lasted too long?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Looking on the misc. tv series threads, I see alot of talk about shows that didnt last long enough: Firefly, Veronica Mars, Jericho, etc.

Lets flip that. What shows do you think have lasted too long?

IMO, King of the Hill should have ended a long, long time ago. That show was never funny.

Lifted from my post in The Office thread
Went too long:
Frasier, Friends, Will & Grace, The Drew Carey Show, Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, Mad About You, 3rd Rock From the Sun, Just Shoot Me, Dharma & Greg and Spin City

Still on:
Prison Break, King of the Hill, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Law & Order, ER (last season), The View

Agreed on Prison Break. That shows first season was magic but went completely downhill from there. I finally dropped it this season. But I think the latter seasons of Friends were way better than the first few.

How about One Tree Hill? I mean, it's not a bad show but how much longer can they possibly go one with it?

Smallville
King Of The Hill
Americas Next Top Model
Big Brother

Simpsons
king of the hill
American Idol
AFV - America's Funniest Home Videos

Lifted from my post in The Office thread
Went too long:
Frasier, Friends, Will & Grace, The Drew Carey Show, Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, Mad About You, 3rd Rock From the Sun, Just Shoot Me, Dharma & Greg and Spin City

Ha..its coming back on abc next year.

Definitely Scrubs. The newer seasons do have their high points, but overall...well, **** got bad.

Scrubs, ER, Smallville, X-Files, Any Soap Opera, Any CW show.

I don't know how anyone can wish the Simpsons or King of the Hill away, especially KOH. It's always had great writing and never relied on potty humor or offensive content to get laughs. There's a reason it's been on so long.

The Simpsons used to be great.... then there was a long stretch of it just sucking balls. It got somewhat better... but it is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

King of the Hill... just sucks.

Scrubs, ER, Smallville, X-Files, Any Soap Opera, Any CW show.

I don't know how anyone can wish the Simpsons or King of the Hill away, especially KOH. It's always had great writing and never relied on potty humor or offensive content to get laughs. There's a reason it's been on so long.

King of the Hill has been terrible from season 1 to now. Sorry.

American Idol
Survivor
Family Guy
Simpson's
Prison Break (even though I like it)
King of the Hill
House
At least one Law and order and CSI show.

At least Lost is ending soon... that means they can make these last two season rock and give out just enough answers as it makes it way to explaining everything... or at least enough to let those characters rest.

Im surprised no one so far as stated the most obvious:

7th Heaven

I can't moan about friends, the simpsons or family guy because even at their worst they made me smile. Smallville is so much better now than it was in its freak of the week early seasons even if it has strayed from its original concept.

Buffy- love it but season 5 seemed like a natural end. It never recaptured its great days of season 2/3.
X Factor/ Pop Idol/talents shows of any kind should have died in 2003
reality shows like big brother should have died in 2004. MTV reality shows should never have existed.

Smallville and Prison Break I like, but they should both end this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"