Twilight

Oooo i liked the vibe i got from that, especially Kristen Stewart, gave me an old Buffy tingle. :woot:

oh yeah, those scenes in particular that they showed in the clip are the ones i'm anticipating the most.

First 2 official Still from Summit Entertainment

balletfightlargezk6.jpg

edwardthroatlgow2.jpg

from the fight in the ballet studio

i like kristen stewart a lot. her humor and all.

I like Stewert, she can act and seems different and smart, unlike most of the young airheads that populate hollywood.

i agree

she seems very mature for her age and picks pretty smart roles for herself.

For the uninformed...What is Twilight about? Are the books worth picking up?

here's a synopsis from summit entertainment

Bella Swan has always been a little bit different. Never one to run with the crowd, Bella never cared about fitting in with the trendy, plastic girls at her Phoenix, Arizona high school. When her mother remarried and sent Bella to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she didn't expect much of anything to change. But things do change when she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen. For Edward is nothing like any boy she's ever met. He's nothing like anyone she's ever met, period. He's intelligent and witty, and he seems to see straight into her soul. In no time at all, they are swept up in a passionate and decidedly unorthodox romance - unorthodox because Edward really isn't like the other boys. He can run faster than a mountain lion. He can stop a moving car with his bare hands. Oh, and he hasn't aged since 1918. Like all vampires, he's immortal. That's right - vampire. But he doesn't have fangs - that's just in the movies. And he doesn't drink human blood, though Edward and his family are unique among vampires in that lifestyle choice. To Edward, Bella is that thing he has waited 90 years for - a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy. Somehow or other, they will have to manage their unmanageable love. But what will they do when Laurent and James, the Cullens' mortal vampire enemies, come to town, looking for Bella? A modern, visual, and visceral Romeo and Juliet story of the ultimate forbidden love affair - between vampire and mortal. Written by http://www.summit-ent.com/

it just depends what type of books you like, i didn't think i would like them at first, but now as you can see, i'm hooked. so you never know.

hmm, interesting. It might be a little Anne Rice for my taste but I would be willing to give it a try.

oh yeah it may surprise you. a totally different take on vampires really. i think only meyer and shan really left out the whole fang thing in their novels.

no problemo ;)

oh yeah, i was surprised when i first saw a picture of her.

they are really working hard on those action sequences as well, it's pretty interesting considering they only had brief ones in the book. glad to see they are using the book's vibe with their creativity rather than making stuff up as they go. that's how most adaptions fail.

that's the thing i love about it, that the actors are just as passionate about the project as the fans.

Mind if I jump in? :ninja:

I loooove Twilight. It is without a doubt my favorite series, and when I heard it is being made into a movie I was ecstatic! although nervous, how can anyone ever be Edward Cullen?! Luckily Robert Pattison seems to be doing one heck of a job. I love him already :heart:
and also pretty much freaked out after seeing the newest Twi vid on MTV. it looks fantastic,but I'm still not sure about some of them..mainly Rosalie, but I fully believe this movie will turn out great.

and hopefully it won't be like Eragon.. i wasted 20 bucks on a freakin' calendar in honor of that movie, and the movie sucked

~Stephanie

Mind if I jump in? :ninja:

I loooove Twilight. It is without a doubt my favorite series, and when I heard it is being made into a movie I was ecstatic! although nervous, how can anyone ever be Edward Cullen?! Luckily Robert Pattison seems to be doing one heck of a job. I love him already :heart:
and also pretty much freaked out after seeing the newest Twi vid on MTV. it looks fantastic,but I'm still not sure about some of them..mainly Rosalie, but I fully believe this movie will turn out great.

and hopefully it won't be like Eragon.. i wasted 20 bucks on a freakin' calendar in honor of that movie, and the movie sucked

~Stephanie

pssht not at all, welcome to the boards btw! :D

i definitely agree with you on pattinson. he has gotten a lot of flack but once the pictures and clips starting surfacing the negative buzz died pretty quickly.

yeah i still have some doubts on rosalie but i'm still loving the cast and the way it's turning out.

ugh so i've heard. i've been meaning to pick up a copy of the book since Brisinger is coming out in september.

pssht not at all, welcome to the boards btw! :D

i definitely agree with you on pattinson. he has gotten a lot of flack but once the pictures and clips starting surfacing the negative buzz died pretty quickly.

yeah i still have some doubts on rosalie but i'm still loving the cast and the way it's turning out.

ugh so i've heard. i've been meaning to pick up a copy of the book since Brisinger is coming out in september.

hehe, thanks.

lol , I went on for 5 minutes ranting about how much I didn't like him..then I went on youtube, saw some clips of his from various films and instantly loved him...which has only grown since.

Oh that's the third book right? I read Eragon but I never got to the next book(which i have) because the movie let quite a bad after taste in my mouth.

anyways back to Twilight, I'm actually surprised at how fast they've been filming this movie..they had to have started in December, I guess I'm just clueless with the process but I just can't see how they can prepare and edit everything up in time for Dec. 12. I just really hope the crew takes their time with the production so we have an awesome movie to watch!

~Steph

hehe, thanks.

lol , I went on for 5 minutes ranting about how much I didn't like him..then I went on youtube, saw some clips of his from various films and instantly loved him...which has only grown since.

Oh that's the third book right? I read Eragon but I never got to the next book(which i have) because the movie let quite a bad after taste in my mouth.

anyways back to Twilight, I'm actually surprised at how fast they've been filming this movie..they had to have started in December, I guess I'm just clueless with the process but I just can't see how they can prepare and edit everything up in time for Dec. 12. I just really hope the crew takes their time with the production so we have an awesome movie to watch!

~Steph

i was surprised when i first found out he was cast. but yes like you i went on youtube and forums and i instantly started to really like him, now i love him. he's great, he's perfect for the role. it had to be the haunted airman that sold me.

yeah, i've been hearing great things about the books but when the film came out everyone just stopped talking about them. i get a few ," oh yeah the book was good, but the movie sucked!" whenever i bring it up.

well they started production in february, and it is supposed to go on for 6 months in total but it may go on longer. i think december will give them plenty of time to edit it and wrap it all up since they are practically almost done with all of the more substantial scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"