Two untitled Marvel films set for summer 2014

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
After Sony staked out a release date for the sequel to Amazing Spider-Man for May 2, 2014, looks like that spurred Disney and Marvel Studios to set release dates for their two films for May 16, 2014 and June 27, 2014.

The problem is... Disney hasn't revealed what they are. My guess is that Dr. Strange will claim that May 16 spot while a Captain America sequel gets the latter.

Any other thoughts?

I agree with that. Dr. Strange seems like a safe bet for the new character launch. Cap also fits with the two year window of his own movie. That gives three years between Avenger movies. I also have a strong feeling that Marvel will release 3 movies in 2014. I think we might finally see Ant-man in the fall or winter as that has been discussed as being a smaller budgeted movie. They could even try that with Iron Fist as well. Rmember they have hired writers for that, as most people leave that film out when discussing future Marvel Movies. Still not sure where a Black Panther fits into the time frame.

What marvel characters are scheduled to be out by 2013? Its iron man and somebody else right?

well then if the rumors are right then yea id have to say dr strange and cap most definitively

so far we know

2012-Avengers
2013-Iron Man 3 and Thor 2

I think it'll be Dr.Strange and Cap 2 in 2014.

Probably Doctor Strange and hopefully TIH2.

I'm guessing Dr. Strange and Cap 2. I really want another Hulk, but I doubt it would be there.

Im guessing Strange and Cap 2 as well.

My hope that its either Hulk 2 or Black Panther and Cap 2

I'm guessing Dr. Strange and Cap 2. I really want another Hulk, but I doubt it would be there.

Agreed on all counts.

I would also like to see Marvel take on the Punisher since they do have the rights back, but that seems even less likely than Hulk at this point.

I'm guessing one of them will be a new character movie and the another is a sequel. So maybe Dr. Strange or Ant-Man for those new characters and for the sequel, Captain America 2.

I can't see how a Dr Strange movie would fit into the Avengers universe. I guess it could be a stand alone but really I'm after more Avengers universe sequals more than new characters at this stage. Maybe Ant-Man could work but I think he's a bit like Hawkeye and should just be an Avengers 2 character who doesn't need his own movie.

I'm guessing one of them will be a new character movie and the another is a sequel. So maybe Dr. Strange or Ant-Man for those new characters and for the sequel, Captain America 2.
Exactly my thoughts. I guess it will be Ant-Man, sice Wright mentioned a possible 2014 release date at SDCC.

That could mean Black Panther and Avengers 2 in 2015

At this point who really cares about movies in 2014 anyway? They'll either get pushed around and the dates won't stick or I'll forget about them untill a teaser is out in time fore xMas 2013.

May 16- Dr. Strange
June 27- Captain America 2

reasons why it won't be other characters with movies in development.

- Ruffalo and LL already said there won't be a TIH2; get over it.
- Ant-Man, Hawkeye, War Machine, Winter Soldier and Black Widow can't carry a Summer film.
- Runaways is likely canned.
- Guardians of the Galaxy hasn't had enough news...just that it's being worked on.
- Black Panther has a script in the works; it could take one of the spots, but I firmly believe Cap 2 will be a priority over new movies....and Dr. Strange is further along than Black Panther.

I can't see how a Dr Strange movie would fit into the Avengers universe. I guess it could be a stand alone but really I'm after more Avengers universe sequals more than new characters at this stage. Maybe Ant-Man could work but I think he's a bit like Hawkeye and should just be an Avengers 2 character who doesn't need his own movie.
I really don't care about whether Strange fits in with Avengers or not.At some point Marvel has to branch out of that area of the universe and into others.Dr.Strange is a great start.

I really don't care about whether Strange fits in with Avengers or not.At some point Marvel has to branch out of that area of the universe and into others.Dr.Strange is a great start.

This. Not every film has to tie into the Avengers or it's sequels.

They're working hard on the Hulk series, I don't think they're even considering going forward with another movie.

May 16- Dr. Strange

When did they say this? Link?

May 16- Dr. Strange

- Ant-Man, Hawkeye, War Machine, Winter Soldier and Black Widow can't carry a Summer film.
- Runaways is likely canned.
- Guardians of the Galaxy hasn't had enough news...just that it's being worked on.
- Black Panther has a script in the works; it could take one of the spots, but I firmly believe Cap 2 will be a priority over new movies....and Dr. Strange is further along than Black Panther.

I agree. Given the fact that Marvel prefers to work with their established franchises over an unknown at this point, hence the reason why we're getting IM3 and Thor 2 in 2013 and only a year after the Avengers, I think Cap 2 and Dr. Strange sounds like alot of sense as the two films we'll see in 2014. I do hope that they're working on other properties, such as Black Panther, Ant-Man, and maybe even a BW or Hawkeye movie if the Avengers do better, because they'll need more movies to substain Marvel Studios once the Big Three are done with their respective trilogy.

This. Not every film has to tie into the Avengers or it's sequels.
As long as it at least keeps consistent with the rest of the MCU, I can live with Strange not being tied too strong with the Avengers. After all, Strange wasn't an Avenger until Bendis reign of terror. And I preferr him as a Defender.

I think War Machine could maybe have a spin off with little more than a TIH style cameo from Iron Man and/or Tony Stark.

As far as Hawkeye,War Machine,Nick Fury and Black Widow I think instead of doing solo films of each that a SHIELD movie including all of them would be best.They can face a threat that isn't Avengers worthy like Baron Von Strucker.Also be a great way to introduce Mockingbird.

After Sony staked out a release date for the sequel to Amazing Spider-Man for May 2, 2014, looks like that spurred Disney and Marvel Studios to set release dates for their two films for May 16, 2014 and June 27, 2014.

The problem is... Disney hasn't revealed what they are. My guess is that Dr. Strange will claim that May 16 spot while a Captain America sequel gets the latter.

Any other thoughts?

May 16 will go to Cap 2, but it seems like a bad idea.

June 27 I'd say will go to Ant-Man.

I'm guessing Dr. Strange and Captain America 2. I hope Cap gets the May 16th spot.

Since people liked the first Cap why not release the next one on the 4th of July ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"