Two untitled Marvel films set for summer 2014

i also wonder, with thor now coming out in Nov, if that means we will get a small film thrown in that year as well (like antman or runaways)

Really cant see Dr Strange in the Avengers? I can. Especially if he gets his own movie. Any Disney/Marvel own character that gets a movie has a darn good chance the actor that plays him/her will have an Avenger clause in the contract...

Really cant see Dr Strange in the Avengers? I can. Especially if he gets his own movie. Any Disney/Marvel own character that gets a movie has a darn good chance the actor that plays him/her will have an Avenger clause in the contract...

im going with the comics... I don't see them doing any "new avengers" plans any time soon. Strange could easily appear in the film. but i'd be pretty shocked if he became an avenger before Antman, Wasp, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Ms Marvel, Vision, Mockingbird, She-Hulk, Falcon, and Quicksilver.

Frankly, I'd rather see Marvel forgo plans for a Runaways movie and just do a TV series with Brian K. Vaughan as the showrunner.

But, alas, that's just a pipe dream... :csad:

Not necessarily.

But, yeah, most likely. :csad:

Looking at our current lineup, and the fact that Phase 2 is going to push into Avengers 2, I'm going to say 2014 will have Ant-Man (as a modest budget, mid-May release) and Captain America (as the big June 27th release). Now that November is open to Marvel, I could see Doctor Strange taking that spot.

Marvel Phase 2?:

2013: Iron Man 3, Thor 2
2014: Ant-Man, Captain America 2, Doctor Strange
2015: Avengers 2

Marvel currently has about a dozen non-sequel properties in some stage of development, whether it be writing, talking, or pre-production. There are so many ways they can go from here, and the revelation that the Marvel Television Universe could connect with the Marvel Cinematic Universe adds to that potential.

Last edited:
Any with Feige recent comments, it does look like Dr. Strange is coming out 2014 which I am all for. 2015 is not that far away either.

I see where you are coming from. When Avengers 2 comes out, it probably won't be with the same roster we have now. Dr. Strange, Antman, Wasp, Panther, Luke Cage, Iron Fist all are possible options to join the team. Downey Jr may move on from playing Iron Man, or Thor/Cap/Hulk won't have as much of a role this time around. Black Widow or Hawkeye could easily be replaced with Antman and Wasp. The possibilities are endless.
Feige has said that changing the roster for sequels is absolutely possible.

Yeah....like War Machine! oh wait.....:csad:

im going with the comics... I don't see them doing any "new avengers" plans any time soon. Strange could easily appear in the film. but i'd be pretty shocked if he became an avenger before Antman, Wasp, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Ms Marvel, Vision, Mockingbird, She-Hulk, Falcon, and Quicksilver.

They've already screwed up the official recruiting order (and the roster in general) with Cap coming in too early, Widow and Hawkeye coming in WAY too early, glaring absences from Ant-Man and Wasp and the Maximoffs, and Hulk never being anything more than a one-timer honorary Avenger at best.

So at this point, *any* Marvel Studios property is a safe bet to be a movie Avenger. And, in fact, as my previous statement suggested, it's still a major plothole to leave War Machine out of the cinematic Avenger lineup.

Yeah....like War Machine! oh wait.....:csad:

They've already screwed up the official recruiting order (and the roster in general) with Cap coming in too early, Widow and Hawkeye coming in WAY too early, glaring absences from Ant-Man and Wasp and the Maximoffs, and Hulk never being anything more than a one-timer honorary Avenger at best.

So at this point, *any* Marvel Studios property is a safe bet to be a movie Avenger. And, in fact, as my previous statement suggested, it's still a major plothole to leave War Machine out of the cinematic Avenger lineup.

cap came in about 4 issues into avengers... 1 single issue of ANY comic can't really carry a movie, considering 99% of comics tell a story over a span of many.. so there's nothing wrong with cap starting out on the team...

Hulk is already speculated to be a One-Off for this film... so yeah.. that too would fit into comic continuity.

also.. Hawkeye and Widow were both pretty much amongst the second wave of avenger's recruits... (hawkeye in the 60s (with SW and Quicksilver) and widow in the 70s)

thing's wont be EXACTLY like the comics, that's obvious. But they're also not going to stray that far.... you wont be seeing any of the New Avengers join a team that soon. There's no need for street level heroes to be joining a team of world crisis...

cap came in about 4 issues into avengers... 1 single issue of ANY comic can't really carry a movie, considering 99% of comics tell a story over a span of many.. so there's nothing wrong with cap starting out on the team...

Hulk is already speculated to be a One-Off for this film... so yeah.. that too would fit into comic continuity.

also.. Hawkeye and Widow were both pretty much amongst the second wave of avenger's recruits... (hawkeye in the 60s (with SW and Quicksilver) and widow in the 70s)

thing's wont be EXACTLY like the comics, that's obvious. But they're also not going to stray that far.... you wont be seeing any of the New Avengers join a team that soon. There's no need for street level heroes to be joining a team of world crisis...

You already have, with Widow and Hawkeye. Bringing some pistols, tasers and a bow and arrow to an interplanetary war strikes me as underwhelming.

At least throwing somebody like War Machine, Giant-Man and Scarlet Witch into the fight would give you some halfway decent firepower to muster against the threat.

You already have, with Widow and Hawkeye. Bringing some pistols, tasers and a bow and arrow to an interplanetary war strikes me as underwhelming.

At least throwing somebody like War Machine, Giant-Man and Scarlet Witch into the fight would give you some halfway decent firepower to muster against the threat.

if you are only concerned with weaponry/powers.. than you really don't know the avengers very well... takes far more than that to tell a good story... and guess what? for sequels... we will get NEW cast members... most likely Giant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ms Marvel, Black Panther, or Vision..

if you're bored with guns and arrows... ull be hella bored with punching and kicking

if you are only concerned with weaponry/powers.. than you really don't know the avengers very well... takes far more than that to tell a good story... and guess what? for sequels... we will get NEW cast members... most likely Giant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ms Marvel, Black Panther, or Vision..

if you're bored with guns and arrows... ull be hella bored with punching and kicking

I never said I was "bored" with guns and arrows; just that when you're up against a global threat, you need to bring the heavy firepower, and Clint and Natasha don't bring that.

I sincerely hope that Joss *does* play to each character's strength, though, and make Widow useful by giving her super-spy opportunities that actually play a key role in the big battles. If they just relegate her to thigh-crunchin' kung fu and two-gun pistol-packin' scenes (as early trailers suggest), she's not going to have much of an impact against an army of aliens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"