UK to remake "Everybody Loves Raymond"

Hey, why not? Not sure if Catherine Tate can be the same kind of character as Patricia Heaton, but it's a solid premise for a show at least.

I'd check it out, seeing as how I thought ELR was priceless... Frank and Marie MADE that show hilarious for ME...

Of all the shows they could have chosen, they go with Everybody Loves Raymond. SMH.

Of all the shows they could have chosen, they go with Everybody Loves Raymond. SMH.

They tried a British remake of The Walking Dead but people kept mistaking it for a BBC documentary about council housing.

We laugh so we don't cry.

This is gonna suck bad

Local remakes rarely work, I mean apart from a few remakes like step toe and son/Stanford and son ( which still amazes me how few American know its a remake) and the upper hand/who's the boss.

This is gonna suck bad

Local remakes rarely work, I mean apart from a few remakes like step toe and son/Stanford and son ( which still amazes me how few American know its a remake) and the upper hand/who's the boss.

They never outright say it's a remake unless you read the credits or look it up. They tend to mention moreso nowadays but back in the 70s, nobody knew ****. Norman Lear snatched up a surprisingly large amount of UK sitcoms to adapt.

Plus, it's not as if the UK doesn't air Raymond anyway... In fact repeats are shown on Channel 4 AND Comedy Central almost every day.

So... Why?!

Plus, it's not as if the UK doesn't air Raymond anyway... In fact repeats are shown on Channel 4 AND Comedy Central every single day.

So... Why?!

It's so you guys can have a sports writer you can relate to. This Raymond will actually write about soccer...excuse me, "football."

:oldrazz:

I actually weep for Catherine Tate most in the scenario.

You'd think being on Doctor Who and The Office (Granted the weakest seasons of that show) would get you better than a remake of a mediocre US sitcom to begin with.

They never outright say it's a remake unless you read the credits or look it up. They tend to mention moreso nowadays but back in the 70s, nobody knew ****. Norman Lear snatched up a surprisingly large amount of UK sitcoms to adapt.

I know, it's just a pet peeve I remember getting into an argument with an American about his claims that British tv had no creativity and all of our classic sitcoms were rip off of yours.

He was using Sanford and sons, good times and a the office as well as others as examples of British tv ripping of American :whatever:

Almost every American show is shown on British tv these days so there is no point to remaking them.

Plus, it's not as if the UK doesn't air Raymond anyway... In fact repeats are shown on Channel 4 AND Comedy Central almost every day.

So... Why?!

And its not even popular either :huh:

Why remake a sitcom thats been shown in the UK for years and no one gives a damn about to begin with.

The BBC cancelled The Fades yet greenlights this s***.

The BBC's only good sitcoms in recent years was outnumbered. Not Going Out, My Family, Miss Brown's Boys, The Wright Way and Mirander are awful.

Last edited:
This has got to be an April fools day joke. The British are too clever for that sort of thing

lol oh UK... at least the stuff we steal from you guys is actually good to begin with. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"