Ultimate Fighter

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by C-$, Mar 26, 2005.

1. newmexneon Registered

Well they announced the Coaches for Season three at UFC 56 and they will be Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz, who hate eachothers guts so you can expect a ton of drama on the next Season.

Rich Franklin and Matt Hughes both won their Title defenses.

Matt beat Joe Riggs by Kimura in the first round.

Rich Franklin knocked out Nate Quarry in the first round and it was a brutal knock out. Rich landed two good punches on Nate which knocked him to the ground and left him stunned. Quarry was able to get back up and Rich came in and landed another real big right hand which knocked Quarry completely unconcsious and clearly broke his nose. Quarry's muscles locked up and everything when he got knocked out, it was pretty sweet.

2. Joined:
    Jul 19, 2003
    Yeah, I can't believe Quarry actually thought he could beat Franklin. After KO'ing Shamrock Franklin has more than proven himself in the UFC.

I bet Riggs was PISSED with himself that he could drop the 2.5lbs needed to keep that fight as a title match, guess it wouldn't have mattered either way.

Hughes and Franklin are among my favs....Hughes is just a f**king animal, and Franklin is a tough bastard.

Can't wait for TUF 3. I thought the Ortiz/Shamrock fight was bulls**t, and I can't wait to see how they interact together. I also think Ortiz has beef with Dana White too.

I think I went to Highschool with Ortiz, he's older than me but we both went to high school in Huntington Beach, Ca.

3. newmexneon Registered

That's cool that you went to Tito's school. The one announcement that pissed me off was that there gonna be another Couture/Liddell Fight at UFC 57 which I think is stupid considering they just fought. I wanne see somebody else fight for a change and I think Liddell is gonna knock Randy out just like last time.

4. C-$ Registered

I was watching UFC Unleashed last night and they were showing the lead up to Jeremy Horn VS Chuck Liddel. I didn't even know these two fought last August. I know Liddel won, I just want to know," how bad did he beat Horn"?

5. Joined:
    Jul 19, 2003
    I'm trying to get tickets for Liddel VS Coture 3 on Feb 4th....I'd LOVE to see one of those fights live.

6. SuperDude Registered

Hey, they're 1-1 right now so they need to fight again. And I wouldn't count Couture out, the guy is beast and he beat Liddell once, although Lidell is one scary mother. I think it will be a good fight, but I hope Couture wins. He is the wrestling coach for Centenial high school in Gresham, Oregon which is real close to where I live. I have seen him at tournaments a few times. Pretty sweet I thought.

A funny story, one of my wrestling coaches had his first matches as a freshman in college against Couture during his senior year. Rough.

7. Joined:
    Jul 19, 2003
    I'm trying to get tickets for Liddel/Couture 3 on Feb 4th....I'd LOVE to see that fight.

8. brainchild81 THE MASTER BUILDER

Kenny Florian is a beast. I never thought I'd say that

9. newmexneon Registered

Forrest Griffin from the First season is fighting Tito Ortiz at UFC 59 on April 15!!!

If Forrest can beat Tito, Babalu will be the only other fighter standing in his way to become No. 1 contender for the belt.

10. newmexneon Registered

Kenny is fighting at UFC 58 against Sam Stout. Should be a good fight.

11. Qoèlet Carafa's Eye

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=156
    UFC 58 Fight Card
    USA vs. Canada is going to be goddamn sweet.
    I can't wait to see GSP go to town: I really believe this guy will be champion by year's end. Loiseau-Franklin is going to be thrilling. And to make things even better, not only is Diego going to be on the card, but the lightweights are back! Yves Edwards is one of my favourite fighters, and I bet he's going to tear apart the competition. If he doesn't make another addition to the UFC's highlight reel I'll be sincerely disappointed.
    ....And the best part about all this? I'm going to be there in my $400 seat to see it.

12. newmexneon Registered

UFC 58: USA Vs. Canada Fight Card. March 4.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventdetail.fightCard&eid=156

Rich Franklin VS David Loiseau - Middleweight Title Fight.

George St. Pierre VS BJ Penn

Nate Marquardt VS Joe Doerksen

Mike Swick VS Steve Vigneault

Yves Edwards VS Mark Hominick

Kenny Florian VS Sam Stout

Rob McDonald (TUF Season 2 contestant) Vs Jason Lambert

Tom Murphy (TUF Season 2 contestant) VS Christophe Midoux

Deigo Sanchez VS John Alessio

13. newmexneon Registered

14. C-$ Registered

Is anyone watching UFC 58?

15. newmexneon Registered

I watched it, all the fights were pretty damn good.

16. brainchild81 THE MASTER BUILDER

This season looks pretty cool so far