Ultimate Fighter

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by C-$, Mar 26, 2005.

1. newmexneon Registered

A heavyweight, propably because of the cut Brad recieved in training.

2. Cubs Fan Registered

Thats what I was thinking too, but they showed the guys legs and it looks like a welter weight. But I dont know if they need another welter weight.

Who would you guys like to see come back?

3. newmexneon Registered

Dan would be the only guy I would like to see back, out of all the eliminated heavyweights he seemed to be the best overall fighter.

4. Cubs Fan Registered

I honestly cant remember most of the heavyweights. Was he the one that had the shoulder injury, who fought Brad?

5. newmexneon Registered

No, Dan was the other really big guy. He fought Seth and lost in a decision, it was the match with the big roundhouse kick that took him to the ground.

6. Cubs Fan Registered

Yeah I remember him now. I wouldnt mind seeing him come back, but I'd rather see the guy shoulder injury, if its healed up.

7. Eyeballing Registered

The title fight at the end of season 1 was one of their best fights ever, that really helped the show out a lot!

8. Cubs Fan Registered

Yeah that was a awesome fight. Its nice to see a UFC that goes for awhile and has a lot of action. I think its the best fight I've seen.

9. Eyeballing Registered

I agree, usually it's a guy getting submitted or if they do throw blows it's no more than several before a guy is dropped then he get pummled. Once that happens the ref steps in before the other guy beats the guy into a coma.

10. Cubs Fan Registered

Most fights that I have seen are over in the first round or early in the second. Their still a lot of fun to watch. But I will never order a UFC ppv, because chances are most of the fights will be over quick.

11. Eyeballing Registered

Well I have seen just as many that go the distance. I would rather pay for a good UFC match than a good heavyweight boxing match these days.

12. Cubs Fan Registered

You must have seen more UFC fights then I have. Heavyweight fights can be kind of boring. I know there has been a lot of good heavyweight fights but, sometimes you get the two huge guys that have to rest on each other every 10 seconds. It depends on who is boxing for me. The only heavyweight that I would pay to watch fight right now is Vitali Klitschko.

13. newmexneon Registered

The last UFC event had the Heavyweight champ defending his title, Arlovski landed one punch and knocked Buentello out 15 seconds into the first round. But you don't just pay for one fight, there are usually 7 or 8 fights on the card and there will be at least one really good fight and that is why I always get the UFC ppv's.

14. Cubs Fan Registered

I know that there is a lot of fights on the ppv things. I guess I'm just not a big enough UFC fan to order a ppv, and I am also kind of cheap. Do you know if Forest Griffon won his last ppv fight?

15. newmexneon Registered

Yes he has won every fight since his UFC debut which I think is 2 fights.

16. Cubs Fan Registered

Thats awesome. What about the other guy that won from last season? Cant remember his name.

17. newmexneon Registered

Diego Sanchez, who is from where I live, ABQ, New Mexico, won his first UFC fight and fights again against Nick Diaz on the Season Finale of The Ultimate Fighter. I think Nick is going to kick his ass.

18. Cubs Fan Registered

I think I have seen Nick Diaz fight once. I think I'm not sure, but I think he knocked out Robbie Lawler.

19. newmexneon Registered

Yeah he did knock out Lawler. Great fight tonight, Luke fought Sam and knocked him completley out with a knee in the second round. I think this was the first real knock out of this season. They brought Marcus Davis from the welterweights as an alternate for Jason because of his cuts, so it is either between Joe and Jason or Joe and Marcus.

20. brainchild81 THE MASTER BUILDER

Damn good fight. Luke's elbows & knees are tough. He's probably the best striker on the show.

21. Cubs Fan Registered

I was dissapointed because I thought we were going to see two fights, but the fight we saw was probably the best one this season. I think this is the first fight of the season that both fighters got rocked. I really hope Luke wins it, but I dont think any one is going to beat Joe.

22. brainchild81 THE MASTER BUILDER

It's gonna be interesting seeing how Rashad and Matt train together.

23. Joined:
    Jul 19, 2003
    I just watched last Monday's episode with Luke VS Sammy and I was floored by the fight. For awhile I thought Luke was in trouble, but he managed to take everything Sammy threw at him (no pun intended). When Sammy went for that body stomp and Luke caught him I was glad because to my knowledge body stomps like that aren't allowed in UFC....it's almost like Sammy was just out to show off.

When Sammy caught Luke with that right, and Luke went down I thought "oh ****", but man Luke NAILED him with his right and as soon as Sammy staggered I knew he was done for. Luke hitting him right in the temple with that knee was brutal...he knocked Sammy COLD.

Probably the best fight so far, both guys were great but Luke is my pick to win. He's an inspiration to nerds everywhere.

24. newmexneon Registered

Body stomps and Hammer kicks are legal as long as they are to the body.

Last nights fight was pretty good, Rashad won again and had a tough time with Keith. I was surprised with how well Rashad took those heavy right hands from Keith. I thought for sure that Keith was gonna be able to put Rashad away in the second round when he repeatedly landed punches on Rashad even causing Rashad to lose his footing at one point, but Rashad recovered quickly and was able to take it to a decision. I think if Keith had been a little more aggresive after he landed his punches and tried to finish Rashad he would have won.

25. Joined:
    Jul 19, 2003
    Great, I hadn't seen it yet and that blew it for me.....oh well.

I'm not a fan of Rashad, his showboating pissed me off in the match and I think Matt was right when he told him off.