Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by BigThor, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Well seeing as how they're supposedly saving thanos for the third avengers film, which will be the last to feature rdj/ch/ce as the big three, I'm assuming that he'll be portrayed as THE BIG BAD of the mcu. Personally, I don't think the asgardians even know who thanos is.

2. cph9fa

cph9fa Well-Known Member

FWIW, on Agents of SHIELD, Sif was aware of the Kree, as well as many other blue alien races.

Imagine someone on Earth who wants to blow up half the planet to impress his girlfriend. That's Thanos (only on a cosmic scale, of course). So... I'm going to have to go with worse than Al Capone.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  3. TheVision

TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

I know what youre saying but I was thinking that to the super beings/aliens THANOS may just come off like a cosmic thug with a huge ego. More like an intergalactic gangster than some really important character. I guess he'd be closer to a dictator or terrorist though.

4. Dr. Thanos

Dr. Thanos Your Family Doctor

At this point we don't know for sure if Thanos has done any big things in the MCU, like stealing cosmic cubes or whatever, so it's hard to say. He's at least notable enough for the Nova Corps to know about him and refer to him as the Mad Titan.

5. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

Great post. I agree with almost every word.

6. EternalMaster

EternalMaster Well-Known Member

Just a hope for a scene I would like to see in the film:

Thor and Hulk face off against Ultron while the rest of the Avengers are busy handling the drones (or some other part of a plan to save the day). Assuming Ultron gets a super durable body at some point (maybe vibranium), the fight would give Thor and Hulk a cool opportunity to REALLY unload their power against a villain who can take it.

7. hoy-small-fry

hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

Some people call him a terrorist. Thanos thinks of himself more as a teacher :cwink:

8. TheVision

Bloody ell! :lmao: Imagine how hilarious it would be if Trevor Slattery met THANOS [​IMG]
    I just realized theres a similarity between The Mandarin/Trevor and:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  9. CrypticOne

CrypticOne Poetic Violence

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Thor knows who Thanos is. Remember back in A1, Thor asks Loki, "Where did you get this power?!" Like Thor kinda knew. Or at least, that's what I got from it.

10. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

That would be the funniest thing ever! [​IMG]

11. 04nbod

04nbod I need to debrief you

I completely disagree.

Besides, both Chris Hemsworth and Chris O Dowd have said Latino Review's Jane spoiler is nonsense. Hemsworth seemed surprised by the question at comic con and his answer was basically 'of course not' he's with someone at the beginning of the movie and he further clarified that he is still with someone at the end of the movie. He didn't evade the question at all. Chris O Dowd said he would be amazed if it were true. So maybe LR got a first draft because Marvel realised it made no sense with the ending of the last Thor movie.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  12. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

I'm sick of Jane at this point. Maybe if Natalie Portman didn't look completely bored in "The Dark World" then I'd change my mind. Let the Thor/Sif train leave the station already.

13. Saturius

Saturius Well-Known Member

Some of you all are too impatient. Jane gets with Thor in the early comics. Then they break up and he gets with Sif. I'm sure that's gonna happen in the movieverse. Don't know why some of you are so eager to throw Thor into another romance either. I thought most comic fans hated it when these movies shoehorn in love stories to draw in female audiences or whatever. I'd rather they focus on other things myself.

Anyway, I don't think Portman looked bored in TDW persay, it's just her character was horrifically mishandled. She should not have been in love with Thor as that goes against the everything in the first film and the opinion of the director of that film. Also, she literally spends the entire middle half of the movie fainting or falling asleep. It was just awful. I actually feel bad for Portman that they didn't do better by the character. And while I'm not a big fan of romances in most of these superhero films, I do think that if you are going to do them, you need to do them right. TDW half-assed the romance aspect and if they weren't even going to try to develop it, they should've just scraped it altogether.

It's too bad Branagh couldn't come back. I don't think the dynamic between Thor and Jane would've been such a mess as presented in TDW if he was trying to steer it. Oh well.

14. TheVision

Man theres nothing worse than actors phoning their performances in. I hate seeing them going through the motions but not caring. Pisses me off just as a movie fan.

15. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Agreed; I'm willing to bet money that if had the bigger budget that Alan had been working with for TDW, then the first Thor would have even looked better than it already did.

I honestly found myself more connected and invested in what the characters were going through in the first film than most of the stuff that they went through in the second film.

And when I think about it now, I think the fact that the only things people were mainly talking about when promoting TDW was about how the sets look more real and what Loki was doing should have been a "red alert" to how the film wasn't in the best of hands.

Also, I really don't care as to whether Thor and Jane end up together at the end of things but if you're going to break them up off-screen, then don't waste two films trying to force feed people into believing that they're some star-crossed lovers.

Frankly, at the end of the first film...I was actually interested in seeing on how Thor and Jane would reunite with each other..but their eventual "reunion" in TDW left a lot to be desired.

16. AndrewGilkison

AndrewGilkison Well-Known Member

I scratch my head when I think about Thor: TDW. That seemed to be one of the most "made by committee" films Marvel Studios has produced.

17. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

Yea The Dark World was just a pointless film. The people behind it didn't really have a clear vision for what they wanted to do and say. It shows. Even with the Aether, it was just so vague in how it worked and what it did. It's hard to pin point what Infinity Gem it is.

18. 04nbod

04nbod I need to debrief you

And then things happen and he gets back with Jane, and then things happen and he gets back with Sif, and then he dates a series of new characters no one cares about, interspersed with dating Sif while often pining for Jane. (If you saw the last Thor issue Thor was mocking Jane's boyfriend, saying that she could take him to Asgard and he would be put to work in the stables. Jane is talking about moving on and all Thor can hear is 'Jane broke up with Walter'. He didn't like her last boyfriend Eric either)

Its not as cut and dry as people make it and in the format of the MCU you need Thor on earth for Avengers stories. Jane has always been the easiest way to get Thor on Earth. Plus, when written right, Jane is amazing. I love it when she is arguing with Odin while Sif and Balder lose their spines. Its fun in the Thor comics that Jane is wise and the All Father is emotional, set in his ways and intolerant. That was missing from Thor: TDW.

Well they did get rid of the first director and the composer during production. Which suggests that is exactly what it was. But it was fun, there was nothing major wrong with it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  19. Bim

Bim Well-Known Member

I disagree also :highfive:

20. TheVision

After seeing GOTG, Thanos does come off as a space Al Capone. Hes barely even recognized by the Nova Corps who say his name like they dont know him very well.

21. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

I got the impression that the Nova Corps really only cover a relatively small region of space, and that Thanos currently operates in a sector well outside of their interests. He hasn't terrorized any of their citizens yet - as you said, it seems like they've vaguely heard of him (likely from criminals and the like who ventured out to where they didn't belong) but don't see him as a threat to their jurisdiction quite yet simply because none of them have ever seen or heard from him themselves. I'm guessing the Kree are much more familiar with his reputation, but they didn't seem to be into sharing much with the Nova Empire, lol.

22. hoy-small-fry

hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

What's the deal with the Nova Corps anyway? Are they the space police or just over the sector Xandar is in?

Makes me wonder if they know of Asgard etc

23. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

Yeah this Nova Corps seems pretty limited in scope
    Doesn't even seem like there would be a "Nova", per se, in the MCU

24. TheVision

Its funny but Nova Corps/Xandar reminded me of a cooler/better equipped version of the San Angeles Police Dept in Demolition Man.

25. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

^totally

"enhance your calm, Rocket Raccoon"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.