Uncharted - Future Adventures.

Nice ideas, but I kind want the characters to be timeless. Something great about the sources that Uncharted takes it's cues from is that the universe exists in a bubble, where yes time does pass in terms of events in the characters lives, but at the same time, time sort of stands still. In other words, I don't want to see Drake and Sully age and to see the reality of aging taking hold. The fun comes from WHO the characters are, not the difficulties of how they age. I think what they do with Sully is fine - the acknowledge that he's older, and possibly less capable of doing the same things as Drake, but that's about as far as it goes.

Maybe I'm stifling the story potential because of that, but I don't want to see an old Drake and a geriatric Sully.

If Naughty Dog doesn't do the next game it probably won't even be worth it. ND has made some of the best PS games, but their creations tend to struggle after they move on(See Crash Bandicoot and too a lesser extent Jak and Daxter).

If Naughty Dog doesn't do the next game it probably won't even be worth it. ND has made some of the best PS games, but their creations tend to struggle after they move on(See Crash Bandicoot and too a lesser extent Jak and Daxter).

I dont see why Naughty Dog wouldn't do the next game!!!

I'd like to see more difficult boss fights. The Last Of Us will probably be the last Naughty Dog game on the PS3 though, then they'll probably return to Jak & Daxter on the PS4.

I love Uncharted, was one of the main reasons I got a PS3 in the first place was just for this franchise alone. I'm always hungry for more!

They can always give it to another studio.

They can always give it to another studio.

That's the problem that Weezer was talking about. When Naughty Dog is "finished" with a franchise and give it to another studio (Crash Bandicoot went to Activision) the franchise suffers. I would NEVER want to see Uncharted in anyone's hands other than Naughty Dog's.

If the rights stayed within a Sony first party developer, it could still turn out to be in good hands.

Yeah I think Sony would do that Give it to a First Party developer they own. Maybe Guerilla Games or Santa Monica. I mean Shuhei Yoshida said in a interview that they might be reviving the Socom Series with another Studio so Why not do that with Uncharted?

If the rights stayed within a Sony first party developer, it could still turn out to be in good hands.

A developer being first party or not doesn't equate to a franchise keeping it's quality. It's the combination of good story telling, great artists and animators, and a love of the genre and characters that makes Naughty Dog unique for Uncharted. Just as an example, I love Mass Effect, but Naughty Dog (as much as I love them) wouldn't be a good fit for that franchise, just like another studio wouldn't be the right home for Uncharted.

The Uncharted Vita game got decent reviews. That was my line of thinking for that statement. I don't know. It would suck, but I'd still give it a shot.

Well, there's only one thing left for him, really.

shuttle-columbia.jpg
holy ****, imagine an Uncharted game with a similar setting to Prometheus. Sci-fi adventure Drake would be cool. Probably should just go with a new adventure character for that, but I would certainly be interested in a game that lets you explore artifacts from an unknown world the way that Uncharted explores them.

That's the problem that Weezer was talking about. When Naughty Dog is "finished" with a franchise and give it to another studio (Crash Bandicoot went to Activision) the franchise suffers. I would NEVER want to see Uncharted in anyone's hands other than Naughty Dog's.

Sony Bend developed Uncharted: Golden Abyss and High Impact Games developed Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier and they both turned out to be pretty good.

The problem with Crash Bandicoot (and Spyro the Dragon as well) is that Sony and the developers that made them never had the rights to them, Universal Interactive Studios owned them. After Universal Interactive was put under new ownership under Vivendi Games, Sony had a bit of a falling out with the IP owners and the original vision for continuing the franchise was put into a mode of mediocrity under Vivendi and later Activision Blizzard.

If Sony actually owned the IP, I doubt that the would have allowed it to fall into such a sorry state even with new developers.

If Sony actually owned the IP, I doubt that the would have allowed it to fall into such a sorry state even with new developers.

That's debatable. The thing is, there's always going to be issues when a franchise is handed off, which only adds to the potential of a drop in quality. Sure, there's the possibility that a hand off is smooth and the new dev team hits it out of the park, but the likelihood isn't in that favor. Unless ND goes down the tubes in terms of quality and there for is nothing left to lose, t's not something I'd want to risk.

Typically first party publishers tend to take really, really, REALLY good care of their AAA properties. You don't see Microsoft handing off Halo to just any old studio, they created 343 Industries in order to ensure that Halo 4 will be a quality product. Or Nintendo when they handed Retro Studios and Team Ninja the Metroid franchise or the Ace Combat team with the Star Fox franchise.

Hey i forgot I started this thread way back when.. fell like a dick for strarting a similar thread last week now lol Doh!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"