Uncharted

I wish James Marsden was playing Drake.

It's the hair that really bothers me.

Nathan Drake is supposed to be a tall, athletic jock. WTF thought casting Hollande was a good idea?
People are forgetting this is supposed to a prequel film that centers on a younger Nathan Drake that isn’t as tall and as athletic as he will be in his later years.

Holland is actually a good match for a younger Nathan Drake seen in a flashback for Uncharted 3.

uncharted.jpg

uncharted-young-nathan-drake.jpeg

Yea, Tom Holland is 24 and for that matter the pic of Holland Detective Conan posted is from the premiere of The Lost City of Z like four years ago.

As for a young Drake who's not as tall and athletic as he'll become, Holland has always been athletic but it's probably safe to say he's as tall as he's gonna get.

Tom posted this earlier from a cathedral they’re filming in in Barcelona. Tomorrow apparently is the last day of filming.

53E186BF-C128-4B3E-875B-78AA888D9BB8.jpeg

62F07B43-CD9A-4190-8E53-78646FA451B7.jpeg

People are forgetting this is supposed to a prequel film that centers on a younger Nathan Drake that isn’t as tall and as athletic as he will be in his later years.

Holland is actually a good match for a younger Nathan Drake seen in a flashback for Uncharted 3.

uncharted.jpg

We haven't forgotten that Holland and some dingus at Sony are making this into a prequel. It never should have been a prequel.

uncharted.jpg

Why is he wearing adult drake’s costume then? He looks ridiculous.

And once he eventually grows up, what then? Is he gonna be recast? It’s not like Hollande will grow five inches or inherit a wider frame. The guy you’re looking at is the guy who is gonna portray adult Drake. Which looks totally wrong.

Why is he wearing adult drake’s costume then? He looks ridiculous.

And once he eventually grows up, what then? Is he gonna be recast? It’s not like Hollande will grow five inches or inherit a wider frame. The guy you’re looking at is the guy who is gonna portray adult Drake. Which looks totally wrong.

Tom Holland is 24.

This feels like it will be the biggest missed opportunity so far. Other video game films have been bad but this has many of the non-casting aspects right. The first film is very important too. You never get that opportunity to establish yourself to the GA to the same extent again when you are starting with a clean slate.

Regardless of the questionable castings, I may have still had a bit of hope for this if it wasn't for the cookie-cutter director and countless writers and other directors it's gone through.

Just red flags all over this one.

This feels like it will be the biggest missed opportunity so far. Other video game films have been bad but this has many of the non-casting aspects right. The first film is very important too. You never get that opportunity to establish yourself to the GA to the same extent again when you are starting with a clean slate.

This. And it all just means we won't get another, proper Uncharted movie for probably at least a decade. I really just don't get the thinking. The first game pretty much IS a movie, they could have easily adapted it into 2 hours for the big screen, with an appropriate cast, and it could have been great.

Holland, through no fault of his own, just looks too young for this part.

True. I remember thinking the same thing about Katie Holmes in Batman Begins. Even though the character was original she just looked too young to be a seasoned lawyer especially compared to Maggie Gyllenhaal who was the same age as her. Holland is a great fit for Spider-Man but not for this.

Lets wait for a trailer at least. If he is in angry mode like in Devil All The Time I can see he can fit to the role.

And he would still look too young 10 years from now, because he's another Leo/Toby type - perpetually boyish. Which is just the wrong type for this role period, imo.

Yep exactly. Nate should look a bit weathered and more say, gruff than Holland does or ever will.

Lets wait for a trailer at least. If he is in angry mode like in Devil All The Time I can see he can fit to the role.

I don't think it's a matter of acting ability, it's a matter of people feeling he's just physically and age-wise ill-suited to the role.

On an acting level, Holland's done harder roles than I'd expect Nathan Drake to be, like The Devil All The Time or The Impossible, but he can't change his age or what he looks like.

Never played the games so I am not invested in the movie but will definitely be checking this out.

I'm definitely willing to give this a chance but i still wonder why they made this into a prequel.

Another bit of trivia: in the pic Tom posted in Drake’s outfit, he’s standing on a huge set of a wrecked ship that some people saw at Babelsberg Studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"