Underrated prequels/sequels&re-boots

Defo the Matrix sequels. I think they are only underrated because people were determined to carry on seeing Matrix as a stand alone cult film instead of a franchise... but it was a damn good triology in general, and the second and third films really widened the scope of what the film was about, as well as giving us some of the greatest fight/action scenes anyone had ever seen back then.

Also, my friend and I watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull out of complete curiosity, mainly because of the South Park episode mocking it for having 'raped' indiana jones on screen. But we actually really enjoyed it. I mean yeah, it's a very weird idea to add aliens in... but it was still an enjoyable film in general.

The only other one I can think of is Legally Blonde 2, which I love just as much as the first one. They both have that wonderful feel good factor :)

I realy liked Predator 2. There is "one" really dumb moment that comes to mind but over-all I thought it was a great sequel.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
All Three Die Hard sequels, especially Die Hard 2
Octopussy (the most underrated Bond film, most of the others I agree with the majority)
Batman Forever
Terminator 3
Back to the Future Part 3
Ghostbusters II
Jaws 2
Iron Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Incredible Hulk
National Treasure 2

Is this really that unpopular of a sequel? I've always preferred it to part 2.

Is this really that unpopular of a sequel? I've always preferred it to part 2.

Most people I speak to refer to it as the black sheep of the series. I agree with you. It is better than Part 2. It is certainly a more character driven film.

Actually, they could not have done the scene where Indy can't fly the plane if it was not a prequel, as he plans to escape on that plane in Raiders.
So, we are left to assume he took some flying lesson after that little escapade.

Indy in general is more cynical and behaves as if he has less experience than he does in Raiders. He makes a lot more mistakes.

Halloween II (2009). Director's Cut.
Zombie's masterpiece. If I may quote a writer better than myself, "it is a well made slasher tragedy." Terrific performances from everybody (particularly from Dourif who is an underrated actor,) a solid storyline, and rich in allegory: Vincent Bugliosi's exploitation of the Manson Family murders for wealth and fame, and the results it and the media had on the relations of the victims. And the individuals who despise it have been against Zombie from day one, as I have found; he is one of the directors who is either loved or hated. And the irony is that any of the criticisms leveled against H2 can also be easily applied to A-List productions or the films that the critics put on a pedestal (and trust me, I am not falling into worship: I actively hate H0A1K Corpses with a passion, while I loved Rejects. El Superbeasto I have no feelings for. It's a ninety minute dirty joke. Halloween was a mess because he was trying to balance his vision and Carpenter's, which is unfair for anyone to have to go through. Overall, I'd rate it a B or B+.)

I have several more in mind, and will update my post accordingly when I finish my current tasks at hand, instead of trying to multi-tab browse.

Most people I speak to refer to it as the black sheep of the series. I agree with you. It is better than Part 2. It is certainly a more character driven film.

I never understood why III was seen as the worst/"black sheep"of the trilogy,I agree it was more character driven than 2 or even the first one,Although I think 2 was the best......I still think III&First are equal and one of my top Trilogy's!!!!

I liked the Haloween 4 and 5. Not as good as the original but nowere near as bad as Rob Zombies reboot. 5 has a really cool opening and a cool ending when the man breaks him out of prison. He's very mysterious. Too bad 6 buggered it all up. That was a bad movie.

I liked the Haloween 4 and 5. Not as good as the original but nowere near as bad as Rob Zombies reboot. 5 has a really cool opening and a cool ending when the man breaks him out of prison. He's very mysterious. Too bad 6 buggered it all up. That was a bad movie.

I love H4&5,But I didn't mention it in my list cause I think there quite well liked within the Halloween fan-base and I know some fans who think 5 was the last good one......I personally think 6 wasn't that bad and I enjoyed some of it and I sure don't think H20 was that bad(my favorite since original H2)!!!!

Open Water 2 is far better than it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"